haldir

From Sea to Shore (level 6 Pathfinder)

Growing up on a sailing vessel Valen was always a kind of an oddity. He gained the burden and the gift of an oracle during a horrible shipwreck, being the only survivor, Valen seemed to walk casually to shore as if he were on solid land. Although he had just survived a shipwreck he soon went out on another voyage, where during a pirates attack the ship was again sunk. Again Valen was the only survivor, but this time when he came to shore he seemed to be rotting away, with barnacle like creatures covering his skin. Valen upon reaching the shore proclaimed,that the horrors that had befallen the Ships was part of his misfortune, but to his shock people looked at him as if the could not under stand him. Valen has stayed away from ships and their crews ever since being afraid that he would cause another calamity, but his meibors have reported as to seeing him looking longingly out to the sea in the dead of night, yearning for the waves. 

Ok that sounds different then as the dual bloodline as you mesh the 2 bloodlines into one. Picking whatever you would at the level you get it.

Sounds interesting. Oracle is one class I never really look but the more I see of it I like it.

I'm gonna run the Kobold King mods as well at RCon next year so I'm in the process of bring them up into Pathfinder vs a mod just for 3.5. A Oracle might be a interesting kobold class.

Could be a very good combination. The monster codex has a curse that could be interesting. Its only supposed to be used with goblins but I could see it working for Kobolds. It's called infested. They pretty much have insects and other vermin perpetually crawling on them. Could make for a disgusting kobold oracle!

Well in Return of the Kobold King, The big villian other then the returned King, is a kobold druid with insects feats & such so I may replace him with that. Sounds interesting.

Oddly one of the evil NPCs is listed as a fighter/monk. Perfect op to bring in the Brawler class.

I can't say Ive ever played that AP. Some one I know wants to start DMing and he wants to start with the Adventure path Iorn Gods. Would it be a good starting campaign?

Edited by NightyKnight

You wanna play with tech? Iron Gods introduces tech stuff to Pathfinder or at least shoves it forefront in a adventure. I'm running a Iron Gods AP pbp here. It's not gotten far but I've enjoyed it so far.

The Crown of the Kobold King & sequel, Return of the Kobold King are a couple of Paizo's first modules/adventures they did when they were in the planning stages of introducing Pathfinder. They were under the Gamemastery label. One was a Free RPG Day offering (Return). Thus the need to update the stuff inside. Couple of critters have vastly different HPs for example. The setting is Darkmoon Vale one of the bleakest parts of Golarion. It's located in Andoran Actually they made 5 set there using the small town of Falcon's Hollow as the base town.

Could someone still get a hard copy of the crown of the Kobold King? It sounds really fun. Personally Kobolds are my favorite race in pathfinder. I just like the idea of mini lizard men

It's out of print through Paizo but you might be able to find on places like ebay. Price might be a bit higher then you'd want to pay thou. I think the pdf (correction: non-mint copy can be purchased from Paizo. I'd link but that isn't allowed here)

No.  20 point buy is what you do at 1st level character creation, before racial modifiers.

Then add racial bonuses.

Then add level bonuses.

• Like 1

If Ultimate Magic has been opened up, than I may change my Archetype to Ranger (Trapper).  Since no one has a Rogue at the moment, this will allow me to gain Disable Device and Trapfinding as a Rogue, plus making cool traps, in exchange for giving up Ranger spells.  I'm fine with that.

You'll be around it & will be in it. Setting is the coastline of Cheliax.

ShadowRaven

Go ahead & think of a character. No other bites since I asked for players.

With that we'll lock our players in.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jeepnewbie
      Left home in a hurry for a family emergency. Grandfather having heart trouble so I’m hanging out with him helping out.

I didn’t bring any minis or paint so I found a local game store and picked up a few. I went to hobby lobby and michaels for some brushes and paint. 

The paint was extremely cheap but hey if it doesn’t work out I can do something else. Space for travel is super limited (motorcycle) so I don’t want much to carry. 

I brushed on some foundation white from model color. Since I don’t have any skin tone I had to experiment making it. I am happy with the results. I’m not quite sold on the color for the armor yet. 
    • By Auberon
      In the 5E game I recently started played, one of the characters created a halfling bard.  I had yet to paint Lem from the Kickstarter so he received a quick paint for the tabletop last week.  Of course, that player didn't show up to last weeks game but Lem is ready when needed.  Now that I look at it I see there are a few little bits that I missed but I doubt I go back and touch him up.

• By Darcstaar
      Here's another post.
      Hellakin languished on my shelf of shame for about 5 years.  He was intended as an entry into a forum contest for painting "little people."
      Life got in the way.  I recently decided to finish him, in a little bit of a rushed fashion.

He sat and sat at the basecoat stage.  I struggled with figuring out how to do his cloak black.
      I am not too happy with it.  It reads dark blue, as I'm trying to paint black without cycling up through gray, as you'll see here:

I'm more pleased with the gold nmm on the knife than the steel.
      But, I tried to really suggest he's in a dark area by the shadowed part of the blade remaining nearly black.
      Here are some more shots of him.

I'm pretty pleased with the hair color and face:

He's got a very intense stare.
      The eyebrows didn't please me very much.
      The base is a "hollow" round base with a circle of cobblestone patterned sheet styrene from a model railroad supply hobby shop that I painted up to give him a feeling of being in a dungeon.
      If I wanted to spend more time on him, I'd paint his toenails and fiddle more with the knife.  I originally had a thought to try to paint shadows and light on the base to make it seem like he's sneaking up on someone to backstab from the shadows.  I gave up on that ;)
      Overall, he fills a missing niche among my painted figures of an iconic halfling rogue.

C&C Welcome.
    • By Darcstaar
      This figure is a great load off my Shelf of Shame.
      I wanted to complete it for my friend's 40th birthday, as he was supposed to come back to town for a surprise party.  I never finished it, since he changed his plans and there was no party.  He and I go back to 7th grade, and have gamed together on-and-off for the better part of 25 years.  I've gone back to complete this figure after about a 3 year hiatus.  He is my first real attempt at an NMM weapon and armor.  The challenge with the sword was the spine of the sword is soft not crisp, so getting a straight line was tough.

I asked my friend what his favorite type of character was to play.  His answer: Sword and Board fighter.
      I wanted the figure to resemble my friend: Very pale Caucasian, very light blond short hair.  Also, I wanted our high school colors to figure into the paint scheme: Green and White.

I also like to find old gems from the Reaper store that need some love and new life breathed into them!  Ashlan definitely fits the bill.

So, I present Ashlan Fellthrush, Heroic Paladin.

I had dreams at one point of making the suitable looking parts of the sword and tabard-trim into green gems, but gave up on that to get him DONE!.

Part of the reason I gave up on this figure for so long was my failure to realize my ambitious goal to paint a freehand gold NMM device on the back to match the one sculpted on the front.  The back felt like it needed something.  I tried a white dragon for a while, like the shield, but didn't like it.  So I repainted the back and tried this gold device.  It came out "good enough" after about the third try, so I moved on.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Ashlan.  In know my friend will enjoy it.  He's triple-sealed for gaming goodness.
      Now, I just have to pack him up for a safe trip to Seattle.

Thanks for reading.
      C&C Welcome.
    • By Darcstaar
      I've been wanting to paint these rat swarms since I got my Bones I shipment.
      However, the base was cut into this jagged shape, so I always delayed painting them as I waited on basing them.
      Finally, I decided to base some with a good heapin' helpin' of sand.  The other two got green stuff treatment to try to blend the base that way.
      One was wood planks, and the other was flagstones.

I tried to emphasize fur/hair in the painting.
      I totally "phoned it in" on the tails, noses and claws.
      I really didn't want to over-spend time on these guys.
      Sorry, I realize I didn't give you a good shot of the skull they are swarming over.

C&C Welcomed.

• Who's Online   38 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)