haldir

From Sea to Shore (level 6 Pathfinder)

Ok the 1st falls on a Tuesday next week so let's start this one either Weds (2nd) or Friday (4th). At least I'll have the placeholder post in place by then. Any probs with start date?

We still need to figure out magic items & such for your level.

That should work for me. Haldir, were you able to access the files that I linked to you?

Edited by styates
  • Like 1

I will be avaliable to start on the 2nd, but I leave on a fishing trip on the 3rd. I will have internet, and of course my character sheet on hero lab, but my posting might be a touch erratic, and subject to weather.

That should work for me. Haldir, were you able to access the files that I linked to you?

Yup, you're good!

Ok as far as magic items. Is there anything you guys want that is appropriate for your level? (No vorpal sword +5......)

I figure everyone should have a +1 weapon (fighters & fighter-like classes like ranger get 2) & +1 armor. Thou full plate is off limit. Masterwork yes.

Choose up to 5 potions or elixirs 

Body items:

Cloaks choose a +1 (whatever) or Elven Cloak

Choose 2 misc like amulets or belts of appropriate level

Rings

Choose 2 (appropriate for level)

Masterwork items: Thieves can have masterwork tools, Weapons not magical can be masterwork if you'd like

Again, I'll have final say but feel free to choose what you'd like you character to have.

• Like 1

Let me check on all of those when I get home from work this morning. It's a short night so I should be awake for a couple hours.

Also Marvin, you still aiming to play?

would you consider goggles of night as level appropriate? 

I have no problem with this one. Just take it as one of your body items.

I think I want a +1 cold Trident, with mist mail, Could I have A cloak of displacement?, Belt of Mighty Constitution +4,Strand of Prayer Beads-SMiting and Karma.

Trident. Yah, sure no prob on this one.

Clk of D. Minor yes, Major no

Belt. Sure

Prayer Beads. Sure.

I's still aiming to join, but I've got life 'n' work up 'n' upon me all of a sudden, of course, so if you want 'r need to replace 'r drop me, please do. Sorries. I'mma try to get 'im together toward the end of the weekend. Half-orc Barbarian.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jeepnewbie
      Left home in a hurry for a family emergency. Grandfather having heart trouble so I’m hanging out with him helping out.

I didn’t bring any minis or paint so I found a local game store and picked up a few. I went to hobby lobby and michaels for some brushes and paint. 

The paint was extremely cheap but hey if it doesn’t work out I can do something else. Space for travel is super limited (motorcycle) so I don’t want much to carry. 

I brushed on some foundation white from model color. Since I don’t have any skin tone I had to experiment making it. I am happy with the results. I’m not quite sold on the color for the armor yet. 
    • By Auberon
      In the 5E game I recently started played, one of the characters created a halfling bard.  I had yet to paint Lem from the Kickstarter so he received a quick paint for the tabletop last week.  Of course, that player didn't show up to last weeks game but Lem is ready when needed.  Now that I look at it I see there are a few little bits that I missed but I doubt I go back and touch him up.

• By Darcstaar
      Here's another post.
      Hellakin languished on my shelf of shame for about 5 years.  He was intended as an entry into a forum contest for painting "little people."
      Life got in the way.  I recently decided to finish him, in a little bit of a rushed fashion.

He sat and sat at the basecoat stage.  I struggled with figuring out how to do his cloak black.
      I am not too happy with it.  It reads dark blue, as I'm trying to paint black without cycling up through gray, as you'll see here:

I'm more pleased with the gold nmm on the knife than the steel.
      But, I tried to really suggest he's in a dark area by the shadowed part of the blade remaining nearly black.
      Here are some more shots of him.

I'm pretty pleased with the hair color and face:

He's got a very intense stare.
      The eyebrows didn't please me very much.
      The base is a "hollow" round base with a circle of cobblestone patterned sheet styrene from a model railroad supply hobby shop that I painted up to give him a feeling of being in a dungeon.
      If I wanted to spend more time on him, I'd paint his toenails and fiddle more with the knife.  I originally had a thought to try to paint shadows and light on the base to make it seem like he's sneaking up on someone to backstab from the shadows.  I gave up on that ;)
      Overall, he fills a missing niche among my painted figures of an iconic halfling rogue.

C&C Welcome.
    • By Darcstaar
      This figure is a great load off my Shelf of Shame.
      I wanted to complete it for my friend's 40th birthday, as he was supposed to come back to town for a surprise party.  I never finished it, since he changed his plans and there was no party.  He and I go back to 7th grade, and have gamed together on-and-off for the better part of 25 years.  I've gone back to complete this figure after about a 3 year hiatus.  He is my first real attempt at an NMM weapon and armor.  The challenge with the sword was the spine of the sword is soft not crisp, so getting a straight line was tough.

I asked my friend what his favorite type of character was to play.  His answer: Sword and Board fighter.
      I wanted the figure to resemble my friend: Very pale Caucasian, very light blond short hair.  Also, I wanted our high school colors to figure into the paint scheme: Green and White.

I also like to find old gems from the Reaper store that need some love and new life breathed into them!  Ashlan definitely fits the bill.

So, I present Ashlan Fellthrush, Heroic Paladin.

I had dreams at one point of making the suitable looking parts of the sword and tabard-trim into green gems, but gave up on that to get him DONE!.

Part of the reason I gave up on this figure for so long was my failure to realize my ambitious goal to paint a freehand gold NMM device on the back to match the one sculpted on the front.  The back felt like it needed something.  I tried a white dragon for a while, like the shield, but didn't like it.  So I repainted the back and tried this gold device.  It came out "good enough" after about the third try, so I moved on.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Ashlan.  In know my friend will enjoy it.  He's triple-sealed for gaming goodness.
      Now, I just have to pack him up for a safe trip to Seattle.

Thanks for reading.
      C&C Welcome.
    • By Darcstaar
      I've been wanting to paint these rat swarms since I got my Bones I shipment.
      However, the base was cut into this jagged shape, so I always delayed painting them as I waited on basing them.
      Finally, I decided to base some with a good heapin' helpin' of sand.  The other two got green stuff treatment to try to blend the base that way.
      One was wood planks, and the other was flagstones.

I tried to emphasize fur/hair in the painting.
      I totally "phoned it in" on the tails, noses and claws.
      I really didn't want to over-spend time on these guys.
      Sorry, I realize I didn't give you a good shot of the skull they are swarming over.

C&C Welcomed.

• Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)