haldir

From Sea to Shore (level 6 Pathfinder)

117 posts in this topic

Sorry for the delay. I've kinda been a non-gaming mood the last few days. I'm working on the map & will have it up sometime today for everyone.

Ok as I posted in playing, I actually wanted to post here. In regards to the maps I'll be drawing them out & uploading the pics. I'll use what I think are good reps for your characters but if there is something from Reaper that you'd like as you mini, let me know, I may have it.

Durin Pathfinder Sgt is the mini I had in mind as I made Halbjorn.  He just needs a shield added.

well, I was kinda thinking clean shaven, but this guy works all the same for Zaz 

IG_757_1.jpg

First off I apologize for the rather lengthy delay, time kinda got away from me + there was just nothing that made me want to rpg when I started to delay this one. If you guys want to re-start this one, I can have a post up the next few days & II'll stick with a normal posting schedule. It's up to you guys, my players. If not I totally understand & thank everyone that took the time to make characters & put them up on here.

Again, thanks!

RM

I'm good for whatever.

1 person likes this

whatever happens, happens. I'll ride it out to the end

1 person likes this

Sweet! I meant to get a startup part again last weekend (1st of this month) but alas I didn't realize that after my days off I'd get to work 8 days straight. Normally I usually work around 3 so yah. Tonight is my 8th night. Finally get a day off tomorrow!

Hoope to get a restart post up tomorrow sometime.

HOLY CRAP We GOT A UPDATE!!!!!!

New post is up!

Thanks for sticking around!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disemboweler
      Hello everyone. Here are some goblins a painted that I'm sure many of you are familiar with. I have not posted anything in a long time because married life kind of takes up lots of my time :) 

• By OneBoot
      One of MrBoot's coworkers found out that I painted minis (apparently my husband has been, ah, talking about my skills at work  ), and wanted to know if I would be willing to take a commission for his player character. He provided the figure, a Wizkids male elf sorcerer, with a neat translucent fireball spell effect surrounding one hand, as well as his character's background and some details he'd like. I asked some clarifying questions about color scheme and the base and such, as well as explained generally how much different paint job qualities would be. He opted for my "deluxe" level, which includes freehand details and a nice base, since he expects this character to stick around for awhile.

His character is a half-gold dragon pyromancer, with "subtle patches of gold scales on his skin" and "gold eyes with red flecks" (I could not manage the red flecks, but did manage to get a wee bit of gold in there), as well as a "cloak with a subtle dragon scale pattern" (my suggestion to him, since he wasn't sure what he wanted on the cloak).

I found this mini both a lot of fun and terribly frustrating to paint; the details were muddy or missing in some places while being oddly sharp in others, and trying to work around the cloak and staff were at times irritating. Also, I don't know what kind of plastic the thing's made out of, but it half-murdered my hand trying to remove the integrated base so I could re-base it. But I eventually finished it, and I have to say I'm really quite happy with how it turned out! Especially the fire, I took a chance on doing a couple ink glazes/washes to preserve the translucency, and it worked out exactly like I'd hoped it would!

The base is from Secret Weapon Miniatures.

Anyways, enough wordy stuff, here's the pictures!

The lighting is darker in this one because I was trying to capture the proper color of the cloak. It's slightly more orange in person, and not quite as bright. The patch of scales on the back of his hand is visible here (I used metallic paint so it's actually shiny).

And here's some close-ups of his face; you can see the shiny patch of scales on his cheek more clearly here, as well as the dot of gold in his eye.

Colors used: (this is mostly for my own records)
      Brown liner
      P3 Red ink
      P3 Yellow ink
      Dragon Bronze (so shiny!)
      Mahogany brown
      Chestnut brown
      Ginger cookie
      Tanned leather
      Oiled leather
      Leather brown
      Spattered crimson
      Big top red
      Heraldic red
      Leather white
      Solid white
      Stone grey
      Powderburn brown
      Golden shadow
      Palomino gold
      Sun yellow

New things I tried on this piece:
      *Eyebrows - those things were stupidly hard to get right, I ended up redoing them like 4 times
      *Freehand - I kinda just...figured out the scale pattern as I went. It's not great, but not as terrible as my usual attempts at freehand, so I'm okay with it. I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did, given that I was annoyingly shaky when I was trying it, but I was down to the wire and didn't have time to wait until I was steadier
      *Painting a translucent surface - I made a thin wash/glaze with P3 ink, Brush-on sealer, wash medium, and a little water. I wish I'd written down the proportions of each I used, since the resulting mixture worked great!

He was SO happy with it when MrBoot gave it to him today that he paid me extra! Which was quite nice, since after I was a good part of the way through painting it I realized I had rather undercharged him for the level of detail he'd requested (I'd charged $35, thinking I'd have it done in about 7 hours), and I actually ended up giving him what I would consider a $50 paint job anyways.

So overall, for my second commission, it was a very positive experience!

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By InvisibleThumb
      Yet another speed paint, this one pretty much human sized.  I'm thinking of using this one in a Frostgrave warband.  It's not exactly human, but I think that works in the setting (there are beast crafters after all).  If I do decide to use it in a warband I think I'll have to base it on something standard.

• By FirstLevelFighter
      My pathfinder Sarenite paladin, Zekir, has picked up a couple of followers. The first is Aysun, an oracle. I did a little conversion and painted up 77217: Mi-Sher by Julie Guthrie to represent this daughter of the desert, diviner of the Dawnflower, and servant of the spirits of her ancestors. I cut off her left hand and scimitar and replaced them with the left hand of 77091: Nienna, Female Elf Ranger by Werner Klocke.

I also eventually lopped off her other scimitar, before deciding to keep it after all and pinning it back on. The brooch in her left hand is made from a tiny washer and a rhinestone.

She is painted up to match Zekir's color scheme.

• By Thes Hunter
      So I for the Fall Exchange of 2015, I got @Keianna as my partner. She requested something she could use in gaming, and let me know that they were running through Wrath of the Righteous. I looked through the types of monsters and characters in the PDF I snagged (with some free money from either Reaper or Gen Con or something) and looked for something in my collection that would fit the bill.  02923: Princess of Hell was a great match for one of the NPC's, a succubus by the name of Vellexia. That as part of the module, the adventurers have to find a way to entertain, one way or another. 

In the module, she looks like this:

And here is my interpretation of her in miniature form:

More pictures below the cut (The same really, but with different exposure settings)

I hope you all enjoy her! She has a good home with Keianna.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)