Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Warlord Games gets Doctor Who miniatures game licence.

Good news for Doctor Who fans.

http://doctorwhominiaturesgame.com

Warlord Games is absolutely delighted to have secured the licence to produce a miniatures game based on the BBC's enormously popular TV series, Doctor Who (back on BBC One on September 19th!). So delighted we might just have a celebratory jelly baby.

As lifelong Doctor Who fans ourselves, we are extremely pleased to have the chance to bring this iconic series to the tabletop with a game system you all know and love as well as the official range of miniatures to complement it.

The licence covers not just the latest series of Doctor Who but encompasses all of the Doctors, their companions and their foes. So, expect to see Sea Devils as much as Weeping Angels, Leela as much as Martha Jones, and a long, brightly coloured scarf as much as a fez (fezzes are cool, by the way...).

IMG_9580_zps6939a041.jpg

• Like 11

Man if those are even vaguely close to the right scale I'm building a Necron counts-as army out of Cybermen and/or Daleks.

• Like 4

The potential for miniatures from ALL the incarnations of the Doctor Who series available in one place and scaled and styled to match each other is what I find most exciting.

• Like 12

The potential for miniatures from ALL the incarnations of the Doctor Who series available in one place and scaled and styled to match each other is what I find most exciting.

And because it's licensed, there won't be any of this "not-[X]" nonsense, and it should look just like the character, and not very close but a little off to avoid lawyers.

And I wish I knew how long the license was for, as well.  So is this an issue of buy it now, before our license expires.

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 5

While I'm excited I'm also worried. Warlord Games likes their miniatures a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if the pricing on these ends up in the GW pricing range.

• Like 1

While I'm excited I'm also worried. Warlord Games likes their miniatures a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if the pricing on these ends up in the GW pricing range.

I DON'T CARE!!!! OWN ALL THE DOCTORS!!!!!

• Like 10

I wonder what they will make out of the game. Hack'n'Slay is not the style of Dr. Who.

Maybe win through scenario points and objective holding.

• Like 1

I see flash and thunder. I see a website.

What I do not see are miniatures or an online store.

Someone wake me up when there's product.

• Like 5

They don't seem that horrific.  Â£5/$7.80 for a single metal human.  A lot of Reaper's human-sized are getting up to $6-7.  Even with the exchange rate it's not awful.

• Like 3

Black Tree Designs have a vast range of Dr Who minis

They do, but they are old school 25mm and only go through Sylvester McCoy's time (and DON'T include the Rani which is a TRAGIC oversight! All hail Kate O'Mara.). The style is passable but the sculpts are a little simplistic and small.

The worst part is the customer service. Black Tree takes ages to deliver and they are notorious for getting orders wrong.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Skiesclear
      Caution: Nudity

Linked, as Celtic Fanatics fight in the nude.  I gave one of them a kilt, so the player could choose whether the model was in "battle mode" or not : )
      https://www.deviantart.com/skiesclear/art/Celtic-Fanatics-Warlord-Games-Modified-785371166
    • By Wolfbane-art
      First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Alessio Cisbani, and I'm an Italian miniature sculptor and painter.
      With this project I want to create a series of metal miniatures inspired by the classic ones of the 90s that I collected and painted. These miniatures will fit with your favourite wargames and can be cool PC or NPC for your pen&paper roleplaying games.
      The path this project will take is like the exploration of a dungeon: as our heroes delve deeper, they will face menacing creatures like Gargoyles or treacherous cultists and enchanters, but they may also find unexpected allies... Moreover Randolf the Ogre (see below) could find bits of armor, and weapons of his size!
      My project is live and yet funded in few hours, I would be glad if you can take a look.
      Here's the link:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wolfbaneart/the-short-the-shortest-and-the-bulky

• By Patrik Strom
      Seven "Ninjas of Iga" from Warlord Games. I'm playing in a DnD5 game which has some Jade Regent (Pathfinder Adventure Path) elements and last session we got jumped by some ninjas. During the whole fight I was secretly miffed that I didn't have any good minis to represent the opposition. Luckily for me, we lost so there will be a second chance to go against them. So to rectify the problem I went and got myself a few ninja minis. The closest thing I found was the "Ninjas of Iga" pack from Warlord Games.

I'm not a superfan of the sculpts and I'm horribly lazy when it comes to cleaning a miniature of mold lines and the like before starting to paint. I started out wrong and ended up kind of rushing them into being tabletop ready. All and all I'm kinda happy with the result, except for the ninja on the far right. I messed up his arm when assembling him.

• By Devil Inside Productions
      Hell Awaits... Wave 4 - XL edition! Featuring some of the larger inhabitants of Hell this time around.

Here's the link to the Kickstarter for anyone who might be interested:
      Hell Awaits... Wave 4

Thanks for looking!
    • By Watchman
      This is a continuation of a thread started in "More X-Wing Fun", covering stories for a start until some new pilots are trained.  I gave out "The Force Awakens" to a few guys for Christmas and Birthdays in the hopes of expanding the player base.  The group at the local game store seems to have vanished.  So continuing...
      This is the Rebellion News Network (R.N.N.)
      Watchman reporting from somewhere in the Distal Reaches.

We encountered a rather strange cosmic anomaly that has thrown us off course; no one seems to know our present whereabouts.  The emergency transmitter has been broadcasting our location since we lost our course lock-on. It has been only forty-five minutes but we have been informed of a locating beacon that has started transmitting a positional fix to home in on.  Evidently this is not a standard type beacon, not matching anything on the Galactic Navigational Charts…             We are, finally, approaching an uncharted planetary body…

We have been instructed to close all view ports before we land.  I am placing a Remote Optical Pad on the port that should pass all but the closest detailed external inspection. I plan to activate a Randomized Signal Receiver just before touchdown, and possibly obtain some external video…             So, a Military base of some sort: a Gozanti Cruiser taking off (?), and Y-wing bombers.  Looks like about two squadrons of Kihraxz fighters landing.  Here are two rows of Z-95s, which I am unable to determine how many are present. Looks like a standard type of base construction seen elsewhere.  Hmmm, there is no visible activity of any kind currently, which I can pick out, inside the installation.  
                  Okay we are going down and swinging around just past the base.           
      We have an interesting development, looks like I am picking up stray video signals close by from someone doing a visual scan of us.  They seem to be interested in our weapons mounts. Sorry guys nothing new or special here, same-o, same-o.
      Could this be a dual function base?  I see three Jumpmaster 5000s, an YT1300 and a HWK290.  Also an air patrol of Protectorate Star fighters. Okay feed was terminated.

I will complete the report when we liftoff.

Watchman reporting,
      Good Day
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)