Chaoswolf

The travels of Sir Forscale and friends Round 3 chatter/photo thread

Another new guy here: So how exactly do we get this thing started?

Go to the Sign-up thread and post in there that you are interested, whether or not you are willing to be a box starter, and whether or not you are willing to ship internationally. All the information is in the first post by Chaoswolf.

• Like 2

Go to the Sign-up thread and post in there that you are interested, whether or not you are willing to be a box starter, and whether or not you are willing to ship internationally. All the information is in the first post by Chaoswolf.

I've already signed up. I mean: what happens after that?

• Like 2

You wait.

Wait for the groups to be published.

Wait for the box on your circuit to get to you.

Once your box gets to you, do not wait, pick out what you want and place your items in the box.

Do not wait yet again; post the box to the next person in line.

Wait for people down stream of you to post what they took out (I'm always looking to see if someone took what I put in the box).

Wait for Round 4 to be announced.

Hope that helps. :devil:

• Like 6

I've already signed up. I mean: what happens after that?

CW sets the groups randomly, then edits the first post of this thread with each box starter and his/her group in a random order. You'll send YOUR address to the person sending the box to you and the person after you will send you their address. You have 1 week to look through/exchange hobby stuff with the box and then send it out to the next person in your group. We don't go larger than a medium sized box from the USPS. It's encouraged to use that flat rate service as it's less expensive, 2-3 day transit time, has tracking, insurance, and allows up to 70lbs for less than $12 (if you print the label at home from the USPS online site).

Pretty simple and straight forward. You exchange 1 for 1 (normal figures) and 2 for 1 (if you put a larger figure in). If you are new to the hobby or don't have much, then feel free to take a couple extras out as that's the name of the game with it being "good will." 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 4

Thanks. I wasn't clear on the address exchange portion, since I couldn't find that in the sign-up thread (though I may have missed it).

• Like 2

Thanks. I wasn't clear on the address exchange portion, since I couldn't find that in the sign-up thread (though I may have missed it).

Ahh, yeah. I'm sure CW will read this thread and your posts and update the information. Most of us have done it for 2 rounds now so that may have just slipped through the cracks.

• Like 2

This is the random box of Goodwill round 3 thing I signed up for, right? I am unsure because of the different titles.

Yes, it also goes by Sir Forescale & Friends.  ^_^

Thank you for replying. I may as well ask another question.

I mostly just have bones stuff, but then I figured most people who would sign up for this probably already have all the minis I would add to the box. Then I looked up what the kickstarter I and II had in them, I found out that the extra minis I have most people probably have multiples of them already. Should I drop out of the Goodwill box, I don't want to feel like a [edited: Sorry, needless language, I am use to other forums] if I pick out a mini that I really wanted and replaced it with yet another mummy or bugbear that everyone already has 3 of.

Oh and thanks ahead of time all who answer.

Dude, no matter what you have, somebody will find a use for it...

If you send it, they will take it.

Ya know what somebody who has six Bones mummies does with a seventh?

Paints it. ::D:

Or cuts the arms off, re-positions them and paints it.

Or cuts the arms off and glues them onto the base of something carrying a big axe.

Heck, it occurs to me now that I think about it that the Bones mummies would make a great source for crawling hands... :zombie:

(Ya know, I now have a sudden urge to slice all the bandages off one of the mummies and glue them onto something else...)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 6

I mostly just have bones stuff, but then I figured most people who would sign up for this probably already have all the minis I would add to the box. Then I looked up what the kickstarter I and II had in them, I found out that the extra minis I have most people probably have multiples of them already. Should I drop out of the Goodwill box, I don't want to feel like a [edited: Sorry, needless language, I am use to other forums] if I pick out a mini that I really wanted and replaced it with yet another mummy or bugbear that everyone already has 3 of.

Oh and thanks ahead of time all who answer.

Speaking for myself, I like to take extras of the bones mooks. 

• Like 4

I took Bones stuff from the box despite already having Bones stuff. True story.

Me too.

And looking forward to seeing what group I'm in this time!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      The official arrival/departure thread for Round 2 of the Basing Edition of the Box of Goodwill.

PLEASE make sure to post when you receive the box and when you send it off.

Remember, NO CHATTER, chatter thread is here:

Box of Goodwill, Basing Edition Round 2 - Chatter Thread

SGHawkins09 - sent 2/16
      Keianna - arrived 2/20, sent 2/27
      Sylverthorne - arrived 3/1, sent 3/9
      NecroMancer - arrived 3/12, sent 3/15
      hungerfan - arrived 3/18, sent 3/23
      Ulfheathen - arrived 3/26, sent 4/2
      Aryanun - arrived 4/4, 
      hiddenone32 - new box arrived 6/11, sent 6/15
      Clearman - arrived 6/18
      Guildenstern - arrived 6/27, sent 7/2
      Shadowphaze - arrived 7/5, sent 7/9
      Generic Fighter - arrived 7/11
      Dilvish the Deliverer - arrived 8/8

Dilvish the Deliverer - sent 2/26
      Wyvernfire - arrived 2/27, sent 3/10
      Chaoswolf - arrived 3/12, sent 3/26
      Knarthex - arrived 3/28, sent 4/13
      Paradoxical Mouse - arrived 4/16
      Dragoneye - arrived 8/8, sent ReaperCon
      Kangaroorex - arrived ReaperCon, sent 9/18
      Fire_Eyes - arrived 9/20, sent 
      Keianna - arrived 10/1, sent 10/10
      Pegazus - arrived 10/12
      SparrowMarie
      LittleBluberry
      SGHawkins09

Only two groups this time and they are fairly large so make sure to keep the boxes moving. Also you may notice Keianna is listed in both groups, this is intentional as she did not receive a box last time.
    • By SGHawkins09
      This is the place for any questions, chatter, and pictures regarding the Basing Box of Goodwill.

Arrival/Departure thread is here:
      Box of Goodwill, Basing Edition Round 2 - Arrival/Departure Thread NO CHATTER

SGHawkins09
      Keianna
      Sylverthorne
      NecroMancer
      hungerfan
      Ulfheathen
      Aryanun
      hiddenone32
      Clearman
      Guildenstern
      Shadowphaze
      Generic Fighter
      Dilvish the Deliverer

Dilvish the Deliverer
      Wyvernfire
      Chaoswolf
      Knarthex
      Paradoxical Mouse
      Dragoneye
      Kangaroorex
      Fire_Eyes
      Keianna
      Pegazus
      SparrowMarie
      LittleBluberry
      SGHawkins09
    • By SGHawkins09
      Here we go again . . .

In the simplest terms, this is a basing version of the Box of Goodwill. Those of us who have a lot basing materials will be able to share our wealth with those new to basing. Others might have interesting bits and pieces that they use and want to add some to inspire others. Or you might have easy access to certain materials that others do not.

Due to the nature of some of the materials in the box, at this time the box will only be making the rounds in the US.

Please provide the following info in your replies to this thread:
      Where you live
      If you want to be a box starter or can contribute to seeding a box 

What's Going In:
      Any structural basing material: cork, plasticard, bark, branches, sand, etc Any decorative basing material: leaves, flock, static grass, tufts, etc Bits and Pieces: electronics, gears, beads, stones, etc Scenic elements Plinths Premade and stamped bases, try to not overwhelm the box with these No miniatures, that is what the regular BoGW is for  
      Note:

If you are sending natural materials that you collected yourself, please take necessary steps to get rid on any unwanted nasties. Some methods mentioned in the interest thread were a quick dip in some bleach water and then rinse and dry off and/or baking.

Please make sure everything is properly packaged, sealed, and labeled.

Basic Info:

Into a medium flat rate box will go a bunch of basing material. Then the box will be sent off to those in the circuit. As a one to one exchange of materials might be difficult for those newer to basing, this will work more off an honor system in that you add what you can but take what you need. As we all know in basing, a little can go a long way. So in the box will be some small baggies that will allow you to take what you need without having to take it all. For example, if there is a large bag of flock or gravel, you would be able to take a little instead of having to take the whole bag. Once you have gotten what you need and added what you can, you will pack it up and send it on.

More Details:
      The box starters will put together their box and start it on its way. We will PM the tracking info of the box to the first recipient and then each recipient after that will PM the tracking number to myself AND the person that they're shipping it to. Participants will post in the arrival/departure thread when they have received the package and again when they send it off to the next person. They can post pictures of what they took in the chatter thread but it is not mandatory. Participants are responsible for contacting the next person in line and getting their shipping information. The order of the circuit will be public knowledge, so feel free to exchange shipping info how/whenever you wish. If the next person does not provide their shipping information within a reasonable amount of time, they will be skipped. You will have 1 week from time of arrival to take a look and make your choices before sending it on its way. Shipping will be via a medium flat rate box. Tracking and insurance are included in the cost. In the event of it not arriving at it intended destination, the person that mailed the box will make the insurance claim and use the proceeds to purchase items to fill and ship a replacement box. Sign ups will end Midnight February 9th (Pacific Time).  Once I know who is participating, I will figure out the order, and put up the Arrival/Departure thread. The order will be in the first post of both it and the Chatter thread. We will aim to get the boxes sent out to the first person by February 17th. If something comes up and you need to drop out for whatever reason or your place in line needs to be adjusted, let me know as soon as possible so I can make the necessary adjustments.  
      I think that is it, if there is something I missed or you need more information ask in the Chatter thread or PM me. 
    • By Talae
      And so it begins...

• By SGHawkins09
      The official arrival/departure thread for the Basing Edition of the Box of Goodwill.

Remember, NO CHATTER, chatter thread is here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/67383-box-of-goodwill-basing-edition-chatter-thread/

SGHawkins09 - sent 3/17
      Evilhalfling - arrived 3/19, sent 3/22
      Morihalda - arrived 3/27, sent 4/01
      Marineal - arrived 4/01, sent 4/18
      Aryanun - arrived 4/20, sent 7/11
      Guindyloo - arrived 7/13
      tiniest rhombus -arrived 11/24
      Hibou
      Keianna

Dilvish the Deliverer
      Knarthex - arrived 3/19, sent 3/22
      Chaoswolf - arrived 3/24, sent 3/31
      NomadZeke - arrived 4/02, sent 5/09
      Flamehawke - sent 6/2
      Von Krieger - arrived 6/23
      OneBoot - arrived 7/11, sent 7/15
      redambrosia - arrived 7/20
      jcg - arrived 8/27, sent 8/31
      pcktlnt - arrived 9/2
      SGHawkins09 - arrived 5/16

Keianna - sent 3/18
      Inarah - arrived 3/21, sent 3/25
      Hungerfan - arrived 3/28, sent 4/4
      MissMelons - arrived 4/6
      Guildenstern - arrived 5/3
      Bonwirn - arrived 5/12, sent 5/26
      Generic Fighter - arrived 5/28, sent 6/4
      Wyvernfire - sent 6/21
      Aard_Rinn - arrived 6/23
      Mad Jack
      Dilvish the Deliverer - arrived 7/28
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)