Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ChaoticBlues
      About
        The Origins of the Lost Lands
      For almost 20 years, glimpses into the world of the Lost Lands have been revealed in the publications of Frog God Games and Necromancer Games. The Lost Lands contain locations now legendary in the annals of roleplaying, from the depths of the massive dungeons of Rappan Athuk, to the city of Bard’s Gate, the Desolation of Tsar, the Blight, the demon-tainted Sundered Lands, the chaotic tumult of the Borderland Provinces, and the fabled Northlands. These publications offered hints of the sweeping scope, deep history, and epic grandeur of the Lost Lands.  But only hints.
      For well over a decade, a Lost Lands campaign world has been our customers' most requested project...
      ...and the time of the Lost Lands has now arrived!
      The Primary Reward
      Over 42 years in the making, this is the definitive guide to the world of the Lost Lands!
      This massive volume includes the history of the Lost Lands, a wealth of detailed maps, cultural information about its nations and peoples, and a huge gazetteer containing descriptions of the world's countries, cities, waterways and geography. For the first time, readers can explore the length and breadth of the great continent of Akados, including regions never before described, and far Libynos, home of the Desert Kingdoms and many ancient cultures alien to the folk of Akados.
      The book weighs in at approximately 700 pages in full color, with maps by award-winning cartographers and beautiful, original artwork to place you directly into the world itself in all its glory and terror.
      Entirely system-neutral, the guide can be used with any game system you choose.
      The Lost Lands are the setting for a tremendous array of over 150 individual adventures and sourcebooks already published by Frog God Games and Necromancer Games, many providing statistics in multiple game systems. All of this material is available to provide an almost inexhaustible resource of ready-made adventures and epic quests! Future Frog God Games products set in the Lost Lands will be built into the ever-growing canon finally revealed in this volume.
      About 4000 example pages of Lost Lands Adventures Pictured Above A small sample of some of these already-existing adventures include Rappan Athuk, Sword of Air, Slumbering Tsar, Bard's Gate, Necropolis, Cyclopean Deeps, The Borderland Provinces, The Blight, and Cults of the Sundered Kingdoms.
      Authors of adventures which have, over two decades, explored the Lost Lands include Clark Peterson, Ed Greenwood, Bill Webb, Gary Gygax, Matt Finch, Jim Ward, Morten Braten, Jeff Harkness, John Stater, Bill Kenower, Nate Paul, Dennis Sustare, and Alex Kammer.
      The authors of the guide to the Lost Lands include Bill Webb, Greg Vaughan, Matt Finch, Vicki Potter, Pat Lawinger, Anthony Pryor, Rhiannon Louve, Mark Greenberg, Ken Spencer, Casey Christofferson, and Thom Wilson.
      Shipping
      International shipping on a book this size may be quite expensive. If you are a non-US customer, please read the shipping information below. We anticipate shipping to be $80 to $100 for most countries, and could even be more. Shipping for the tapestries (and only the tapestries) is calculated into their price for Canada, the UK, the EU, and Australia. 
      The Lost Lands
    • By Painting Miniatures
      I plan on posting something a little more friendly looking very shortly. coughwyrmgeardragoncough but in the mean time I painted this for fun and practice!

Also would take some advice on dealing with small details like a face. On this miniature it was nearly impossible to just paint specific details of the face without smooshing the entire face with paint. I'd wanted to give the figure blood red eyes. That didn't work out and I ended up painting over the face in white to start over again.

I do overall like how this miniature turned out. The bones aren't crispy perfect white, the clothes look like a creature that's been walking through mud and dirt for a long time. Didn't know how to paint the base so I went with some of my extra black wash which worked out as it sort of made it look like it was standing on bone.

Tried a new technique on the scythe. I did the base coat as filigree silver, then I did a paint of dragons blood red, then when that dried i went over it again with the black wash to give it this dried blood effect. A technique that is probably standard but one I personally just learned by experimenting!

• By Painting Miniatures
      I took photos from start to finish on this project. The horror theme wasn't originally intended but sort of came to be when I noticed the dragons blood red!

• By Rigel
      An elaborate sculpt, overflowing with detail in the Pathfinder fashion. (I swear, at least one of their artists must have a Thing for buckles and straps). Jigeke here has an excellent mask and a very long spear, a diverse collection of severed hands and paws, and a patchwork kilt of many kinds of hide. I know there's zebra and giraffe in there, and leopard as well. 

It's Robert E. Howard's birthday today, and without him we probably wouldn't have the Barbarian class as a thing (see: Conan the), or Serpent-folk as insidious infiltrators (see: Kull), or puritan monster-hunters (see: Solomon Kane) as pulp/fantasy tropes. So it seems good to commemorate him with a guy who could be a good stand-in for N'Longa, Kane's sorcerous blood-brother and recurring ally. 

• By Dan d'Lyon
      Didn't see a topic for this one, and thought there might be some interest.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rocketpiggames/tilescape-gothic-city-3d-printable-modular-buildin?ref=profile_starred

About
      Tilescape 2.0 is a modular building system which allows for the ultimate customization of terrain. With our system you will have total control over your structures. There are several unique possibilities for your floors, streets, buildings (inner and outer walls), accessories, and roofs.
      ~ Intuitive/fast building single piece tile system  
      ~ Modular vertical walls insert-able walls/posts/columns
      ~ Insert-able doors and windows 
      ~ Insert-able accessories and decorations (curtains, traps, etc)
      Gothic City is the newest completely customizable terrain project from Rocket Pig Games. We provide you with the .stl files and you bring them to life on your 3D printer. It utilizes our Tilescape 2.0 building system which features totally modular building components from the ground up! 
      ~ Universal and Versatile Set will work well with many types of gaming!
         (Call of Cthulhu, Iron Kingdoms/WarmaHordes, Malifaux, DnD, Steampunk,       Victorian/Gothic settings, etc) 
      ~ The Biggest Lovecraftian/Gothic horror monster miniatures ever made! 
      ~ The most complex roof system available anywhere!
      ~ Make unique buildings in any shape and size!
      ~ Only modular system that has authentic medieval overhanging building
         floors.
      ~ The Gothic City Streets Core set also makes an a very good Dungeon tile-set.
      ~ Gothic City supplies everything you need to create a full medieval or
         Industrial Fantasy city!
      ~ Our unique and varied wooden floor planks, whimsical stone alleys, and brick streets can be used in their traditional way or as building interior floors, pathways, or balcony flooring. 
      Gothic City Buildings & Streets Limitless options for building shapes, types, and sizes! Make amazing streets and ally-ways with unique tiles! Create villages, cities, or forest cabins with our generous selection of stone and wood walls and roads! ~ Our modular interior walls are insertable and can be arranged however you see fit and the exterior walls can soar to great heights or expand in any direction. Add dimension to your landscape by making your buildings as tall or as short as you want! 

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 146 Guests (See full list)