Darcstaar

Carrion Crown Adventure Path - Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

166 posts in this topic

He kicks it back at you.

"Save it for his offering. Make sure that occultist stays in the ground!"

"Torag's beard," Stedey says, readjusting his grip on the coffin. "What in the world was that all about? The professor seemed like a really nice man when I met him."

Andari answers Stedey's question; "There are many superstitious people in this land.  Many misfortunes and calamities have befallen them, and they seek something or someone to blame.  This I know personally.  It is best that we bury the Professor and then be on our way."

You each gain 120xp. More importantly, you earned +1 Trust Point.

2 people like this

Kendra thanks you profusely for talking the thugs out of the fight. One of the attendees steps forward. He introduces himself as Councilman Hearthmount, and apologizes, expressing shock and outrage that those farm hands "of such low character" would act so brazenly.

You finish carrying the heavy coffin to the burial site Kendra purchased for her father, where you meet the Ravengro cleric, Father Grimburrow. He gives a short sermon as the grave diggers lower the coffin into the grave. He invites Kendra to speak. She fights back the tears long enough to thank everyone once again for coming. She recounts a few of her father's more courageous and selfless stories. She asks the PCs to say a few words about how her father was a part of their lives.

(OOC this is where you can give the background story of how you knew Prof Lorrimor. You can be matter of fact, or as showy as you like (diplomacy or Perform)).

"The Professor came to me after a time of personal tragedy.  He was initially interested in confirming the story that he had heard concerning me, but he took an interest in me, and helped deal with some of personal demons.  If not for him, I would not be the man I am today.  May Desna light and ease his way on this, his final journey."

Diplomacy: 19+2=21

(OOC: what faith is Father Grimburrow?)

"In a time of confusion and darkness, The professor picked me out of my pit of bespare and made me see the light, he was a true friend in my darkest hour and has ment the world, to me. May he find peace in the after life." Zak finishes in tears.

Edited by NightyKnight

Nisha smiled slightly "I met him when he needed more otherworldly assistance and knowledge on my particular craft. I appreciated his interest and his concern in me. I also did not mind helping him with the goodwill my profession brought. A truly kind man who was able to see past the surface and to who a person was at their core."

Eran waves his claws and seems to chitter something as well "He also made a good friend of Eran for treats given and once keeping him from becoming a meal, for which I am very grateful as well.

"Gee, I feel kind of bad," Stedey says. He shuffles his feet and scratches at the scraggly beard he's just started trying to grow. "I didn't know the professor as well as everybody else. I ran across him cornered by some goblins one day and helped him get loose from them. He was real nice, and he thanked me, and we talked awhile--and, I mean, he even remembered me! He was a nice man, and I see he had a lot of friends, and I'm glad to've known him just a little bit."

"I first met the good professor a good number of years ago. I was travelling with a small group that was on it's way to take part in a small investigation of a ruined settlement. We where passing through Tamran in Nirmathas.  At a time when the Professor was there as well gathering research materials. Had we known this at the time, there is a very good chance we would have sought him out during our short stay. However, fate, or perhaps higher powers, worked to bring us together. It was not long in the city before one of our group discovered that some of Razmir's false priests where there as well, and we quickly took to making certain we knew where they where, and in keeping away from them. For Kyonin and Razmiran's relation is the sort where if care was not taken, violence would be the result. It was while keeping tabs on a pair of them that I learned of the Professor, for they where taking an interest in him as well. Intent on using his reputation to advance the cause of their false god. They cornered him in a dark alley, and began with promises, but soon fell into threats. When one said that their god did not need him alive to make use of him, I knew it was time I took action of my own. So, I laughed, and called out that he was no god. One of them turned on me, and sought to cast a spell. But while clerics might wear armor and still draw upon the divine magics, wizards playing that roll do not, and it is difficult to cast a spell with a dagger sticking out of you. I was surprised at how well the Professor was able to tend to himself, and it was not long before we two fled that alley and sought refuge with my company.

Some few years ago, I ran into him again, and he was most happy to see me, and spoke again and again of how glad he was that I showed up then. Since that time, I had written him a few times to share interesting discoveries i was privy to, and he shared some of his knowledge with me. I was saddened to learn of his passing, but honored beyond words to be asked to be here"

Grimburrow is a Cleric of Pharasma.

Andari's speech was particularly well received. It moved some to tears. It made others smile and hug their loved ones. He earned a few pats on the back from complete strangers...

(+1 Trust Point!)

After about thirty minutes of hugs, tears, and good byes, you are all starting to feel a little awkward when Kendra comes up to you and addresses you.

"Please, let's return to my fa-...my house for a few drinks. There is the matter of the reading of the will, and he had indicated it would be important for you all to attend."

Zak nodds somberly and follows the rest of the party toward the rear. Listening and keeping watch for any sign of renewed aggression from the townfolk with his hand on his alchemy kit.

Edited by NightyKnight