Sign in to follow this  
fishnjeeps

CAV Power Armored Infantry

Here are the first of 2 sets of Power Armored Infantry for my Malvernis force. These are also a simple tabletop job though I couldn't resist adding the unit marking on them and making one base have a medic. These guys painted up really quickly and are surprisingly detailed for their size.

0831151419d_zpsjadbeaho.jpg

0831151420_zpsvkefvjhp.jpg

0831151420a_zpsozzligfy.jpg

0831151420b_zpsfxc4txuj.jpg

0831151420c_zpsafqi6ece.jpg

0831151421_zps4fcuktzq.jpg

• Like 16

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CAVBOSS
      Had some questions come up over on FB so I thought I would post the answers here for everyone to see...

1. So any CAV can use the "target Lock" action not needing LOS.  This would be required to fire Guided missiles.  A target lock only gives a +1 or +2 to hit if they have the Advanced targeting computer 1 or 2 respectively or does the target lock give a +1 and then the target lock computer (1) would be a net total of +2 to hit?  2.  If a CAV has the SA: TAG it can use its target lock action and paint a target.  Is that target painted for ALL CAVS in my force (IE back line fire support), just for that CAVS squad, or just for that CAV?  Does it need the SA: EST to share the TAG target lock?

Los is NOT required to use the Target-Lock Action. The Target-Lock Action or TAG is a requirement to use GMs (which would require LoS to shoot them). An Adv Targeting Computer is NOT required to use the Target-Lock Action (as every non-infantry model has at least a Basic Targeting Computer. The Adv Targeting Computer allows for the addition of a (+) situation modifier equal to it's rating level (the Target-Lock action does NOT add anything) to a direct-fire combat action or an indirect-fire strike point roll.
      TAG can also be used to fire GMs and can be activated by the use of a Special Action or as part of a Combat Action (LoS required). As long as the TAG is valid (the targeted-model does not move out of LoS or the model using TAG is destroyed), ANY friendly model in the Force Group can benefit from its use. EST is NOT required as TAG is a physical element that is used by the ammo of the weapon system being used.

3.  If i take Smoke shells as an upgrade for a CAVS gun can I target open ground with them to make a smoke wall?  If I target open ground do I just place the smoke markers where I want or is there an attack roll I need to make?

Only artillery can use the Smoke Shell upgrade, but yes you are always targeting a point on the ground with an indirect-fire weapon system.  You are still required to make a strike-point roll for the targeted location with a failed roll resulting in scatter.

4.  Do doctrines apply to Tanks and Aircraft?  I thought i read something online that said if you take 4 CAVS and 2 tanks in an attack squad that that one squad could not take a doctrine.

Yes, factions do not mix model types (other than in a Special Squad). So the only way you would have an attack squad with this mix would be a non-faction based force group (such as mercenaries) which cannot use doctrines.
      NOTE: This applies to a "true" faction force only to make it valid for the sake of faction doctrines. You could build an all-Templar force and mix and match model types and still call it a Templar Force Group, it just isn't eligible for faction doctrine bonuses.
    • By Doublesix66
      Greetings all as the summers now over I'm going to be painting again so I'm going to be painting an Adon Cav force theme that I've decided will be a jungle style Camo. I'll add to this thread as I did with the UTF force that I did earlier in the year http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78751-cav-utf-painted-force-pic-heavy/&tab=comments#comment-1678472

so heres the 1st test batch that I'll be sorting A Mantis, Kestrel, Bishop & Ogre Cavs with some ground support from Some Chieftains, Commander I & Centipede ground vechiles.

Thanks for looking hopeful to  be updating soon (just got to paint 2 blood bowl teams up 1st for friends)

• By CAVBOSS
      WE ARE LIVE... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/272456130/talon-games-cav-strike-ops-iii

• By Savage Coyote
      Thought I'd post my recently completed pair of Commander II Anti-Grav tanks painted up in the ADON Regiment 45 "Bone Collectors" scheme!

• By jsalyers
      Its time to paint CAVs, mail them to people, and have fun.

Link to the sign up thread below.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82710-cav-secret-santa-2018/

J--
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)