26 posts in this topic

Fantastic use of salvaged items, there is something very satisfying about rescuing furniture and giving it a new lease of life.

Love the bookcases under the table top, great use of what's usually a wasted space  ::D: .

1 person likes this

I love skimming freebies!  Looks like you scored pretty big too.  Gotta love "trickle down" economics eh?

That is a sweet gaming table!

Thank you!

Just goes to show what you can do with other peoples discards!

Viking Power to You!

(Mom is a Swede!)

8)

George

4 people like this

Awesome!

Some day when my wife and I build or buy our dream home, I will have not only a paint room and a gaming room. If it's a big enough room, I'd have both set up in there.

2 people like this

That was the way it was originally here, the book shelves, game table and my painting area were all one room with maps on the walls...

Now my paint room is in my office, but I still have a dedicated painting area at least!

Scroll down and you will see what it looks like now, going to be modified later today...

8)

George

There was another thread I saw where someone did a WIP of rebuilding a room from the walls out for his game room, That was cool!

That was the way it was originally here, the book shelves, game table and my painting area were all one room with maps on the walls...

Now my paint room is in my office, but I still have a dedicated painting area at least!

Scroll down and you will see what it looks like now, going to be modified later today...

8)

George

There was another thread I saw where someone did a WIP of rebuilding a room from the walls out for his game room, That was cool!

Yep, that was Chaosscorpion's room!

1 person likes this

Wow, great idea!  I have seen a lot of usable office furniture going to the dumpster and this never occurred to me.  Now I have something to shoot for!!!

2 people like this

Very cool set up. wished I had space for the hobby.

I stash my paints and stuff and when itÅ› painting time, I have to arrange it on the dinner table, and then store it again afterwards.

Hoping for more room in the future.

2 people like this

When I clean my table up I will post pictures.  Ten years ago when I moved into our new house I created my gaming table.  In our old house I had replaced our dark luan doors with oak.  I took two 36" bi-fold doors and two 12" bi-fold doors.  Putting the 36" and the 12" side by side I created two 2' by 7' surfaces.  With three 12" x 48" boards I screwed all the doors together on the bottom.  I then placed them on an old dinning table and a 6' folding table.  I then bought a 5' x 15' green felt tablecloth.  That is my gaming table. 

CONGRATULATIONS! That is a WONDROUS gaming/reading room. May Good Fortune smile upon your dice!

Sweet table!! I love the bookshelves as the base of the table idea, that's brilliant.

Nice gaming set up, and the price is one that I like as well.

2 people like this