Auberon

Grenadier 2007 Females #10: Thief-sling

26 posts in this topic

very cool

1 person likes this

Very classy.  I like that she's wearing tights instead of just a leotard.  Great work on the face too.

1 person likes this

That facial expression is fantastically insouciant!

1 person likes this

All your efforts were well worthwhile; i.e., her face is LOVELY & WONDERFULLY expressive..she is not amused. VERY WELL DONE!

2 people like this

Wow! Absolutely fantastic that you overcame such woes and got such detail on such a tiny little thing! Wonderful job!

1 person likes this

Great job on an old mini. Love the tights, so eighties! I've painted about a dozen miniatures from this Grenadier line and they are not easy to paint. They almost require a painting style of their own to look good. Miniature production has come a long way since the late seventies.

1 person likes this

You did a heck of a good job there!

1 person likes this

This is a beautiful figure and you did a very nice job on her! I love the bright yellow and how you gave her leggings. I've always thought this figure's face reminds me of Cleopatra in the Asterix series. I don't know if anybody else sees the likeness?

3 people like this

This is a beautiful figure and you did a very nice job on her! I love the bright yellow and how you gave her leggings. I've always thought this figure's face reminds me of Cleopatra in the Asterix series. I don't know if anybody else sees the likeness?

But what a nose, eh?

4 people like this

Cleo was definitely my first thought!

Wonderful work on the eyes. Really nice figure.

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ratmaster2000
      So I have been looking at a parts drawer I have that has doubled for Years (okay going on decades now haha) as my metal miniatures storage case till the mini's get painted (so yah it's full haha), and I noticed that I still have ALL of the miniatures belonging to Grenadier's "orcs of the severed hand" collection (white primered btw) and since I am not sure I will ever paint them, I was looking on Ebay to get an idea if it would be worth it. Noble knight is selling one for $95.00, is that a fair accurate price? I may not have the box, but if I do, is that what they would go for? I also have encounter at skull harbor (though mine didn't have a sea monster, older set?) and a WWII set as well:) are these in demand?
    • By SGHawkins09
      As my first finished bust this one was an adventure, some mistakes were made but lots was learned. It was commissioned by a friend as a gift for his fiancee now wife who is also a really good friend. He did not have many requirements, just a similar color scheme to Ben Komets's version. The only variation I wanted to do was the shield design but my friend was ok with changing it. I still almost went with that design but found my way to the one that I ended up using and I am so happy with it.

Any feedback is most welcome!

WIP thread here: Shieldmaiden Bust

• By Hyjynx
      Starting on my second project. Masterbox's World of Fantasy. Box states 1/24. Injection molded plastic.
      Didn't like the Footrests, so added my own.
      Added a cushion for her to sit on.
      Added some rings in his horns for adding reins later. Is now ready for primer

• By Auberon
      The dwarf is the 5th figure that I have painted from the old Grenadier 2007 set.  It was so hideous that I never posted it, partially because I didn't really like the figure and just slapped some paint on it to call it done.  I mean, those eyes were just sculpted circles.  I filled the center with color, edge highlighted the raised outer edge, and then went around them with a shadow color.  If you are an aspiring sculptor... never ever sculpt eyes like it is 1980.  But I was talked into posting it, so blame 72moonglum and Volksfest for the horror.

For scale, here is the dwarf between and Infinity Nomad and a Reaper bugbear.  Knee-capping is her only option.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)