Auberon

Grenadier 2007 Females #10: Thief-sling

26 posts in this topic

Awesome work..can't believe so small and such facial restoration performed! Looks awesome.

1 person likes this

I've been looking for that figure for some time now.  Any chance you would sell it?

Amazing job! I can almost hear her say "hmmph!". I think she came out beautiful!

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, DasHurts said:

I've been looking for that figure for some time now.  Any chance you would sell it?

As you are new to the board you are probably not aware, but Reaper does enforce a no commerce clause.  Even if they didn't, selling her would break up my set!  I picked her up off of ebay and have seen others for auction, though they are usually part of a larger lot.

1 hour ago, Glamberry said:

Amazing job! I can almost hear her say "hmmph!". I think she came out beautiful!

Thanks!  Sadly I still have yet to get around to finishing all of her companions.

2 people like this

There are some minis that I can hardly find the words to rightfully praise their awesomeness.

This particular mini is one of such... Should I drool over the flawless brushwork, or the perfect blending or the impeccable painting of the notorious whites or the seriously expressive expression of her face (which likewise did remind me of Cleopatra in Asterix) or the attention to detail.. I honestly dont know.. 

So I just applaud loudly and blatantly ask for more where she came from! ^_^ 

2 people like this

Great work!  The face has so much character, she is clearly done with somebody's ****.

1 person likes this

really cool job on this. have to agree with @72moonglum and @Sanael first thing i thought of when looking at the slinger was Cleopatra.

your struggle also reminds me of the Old Ral Partha miscast of  Belinda, Knight of the Light   I've had sitting around for years but in my case the face was so bad that she doesn't have a nose and the cheeks and mouth didn't fill in so it looks like she has giant mick jagger lips.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Ducknuck84 said:

really cool job on this. have to agree with @72moonglum and @Sanael first thing i thought of when looking at the slinger was Cleopatra.

your struggle also reminds me of the Old Ral Partha miscast of  Belinda, Knight of the Light   I've had sitting around for years but in my case the face was so bad that she doesn't have a nose and the cheeks and mouth didn't fill in so it looks like she has giant mick jagger lips.

In a long list of frustrating things in life, little is as sad and frustrating as to see a miscast face on a miniature.  From what I've been told, that can happen when the mold is not warmed up enough yet.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, VolksFest said:

So I just applaud loudly and blatantly ask for more where she came from! ^_^ 

I have painted half the set.  A search for "Grenadier 2007" brings up four of them... which means I never posted the hideous dwarf.  I'll check and see if I ever took any pics.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Auberon said:

I have painted half the set.  A search for "Grenadier 2007" brings up four of them... which means I never posted the hideous dwarf.  I'll check and see if I ever took any pics.

And if not, you've got a bit of work in front of you...

waiting patiently....