Sign in to follow this  
CoolAliasHere

Orcs for my game.. Table Top..

Heh, I noticed I had forgotten the eyes.. after I posted the pics.  So, I went back and colored them in red.  Funny how the pics help you see things you may have missed, or need to improve on.

CAH

• Like 1

Heh, I noticed I had forgotten the eyes.. after I posted the pics.  So, I went back and colored them in red.  Funny how the pics help you see things you may have missed, or need to improve on.

CAH

I tend to take pictures before I take the 'real' pictures for exactly this reason. Also, once I take 'real' pictures I'm not likely to change things... lol

• Like 2

Yeah. I think I am going to have to start doing that myself. I need to get my camera rig set up, and get some better lights. The lamp I have is very yellow due to it being an incandesant bulb.

CAH

• Like 1

Very nice. They definitely need to brush more often. This tribe must not have a dentist.

My favorite part is probably the leather bracers. You've achieved a really great effect on them.

Edited by seej
  • Like 1

They look great. The tusks are cartoonishly big, but I like them. I am always seeing things I missed after taking pictures, one more reason why it is a good idea to post them here. The hands on the shields are very nice. It's interesting that the hands are the same but the shields vary.

They beg an explanation. Are they just a tribal logo? Their equipment suggests gladiators. Is the claw an emblem of their ludus? A God worshiped by the orcs? Why would their deity have less fingers than they do? Perhaps they are a unit of elite orcish guards, the final rite of passage to join their ranks is to slay a dangerous predator in the area and claim it's claw as your own. Perhaps the orcs are thralls to a powerful necromancer, and the claws are evil undead creations, held in stasis, whose sole purpose is to animate and slay the orc bearing it the moment they do anything contrary to their master's will. So many possibilities.

• Like 1

These guys are fun to paint. They were the main villains in my Spelljammer game. They got to be Scro.

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pcktlnt
      Hordes of the Auld World - Orcs and Goblins, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/hordes-of-the-auld-world-orcs-and-goblins

Dont know how to share more information while on the phone.
    • By Ducknuck84
      Some orcs that I had started  a while ago as practice but set aside but are now ready for some WAAARRRGH! I still really like these designs of orcs with the exception of trying to paint the eyes on them, half the time I cant tell where the eyes should go. I think of the four the Berserk is my favorite.
      C&C always welcome.
      Bones used
      77429: Orc Grunt
      77059: Orc Berserker (Two Handed Sword)
      77051: Orc Stalker (Two Weapons)
      77045: Orc Hunter (Spear)

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/621743078/the-goblin-king-miniatures-set

Text Link because picture is a bit too non-PG.

This is a miniature set featuring the Goblin King being carried around by his burly orc goons, as he flaunts his girls and his gold. The set fits well into any 28mm heroic to 32mm fantasy miniature setting. This set can be easily be the center piece to any goblin army.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1658344233/rude-girls-female-orc-miniatures?ref=category_newest   Linked instead of embedded because nudity..  
      About this project
       Hello all,
      You are looking for a female leader for your orc army, or just a cool miniature to paint ? 
      Well, this is my first kickstarter, so don't be afraid if the layout is pretty basic, you will not find supershinywords or coolfantasybackground, it's not my style... What you see is what you get !
      Few words about me. Miniatures sculptor for nearly 20 years, I've worked for a lot of famous companies like Rackham, PrivateerPress, Mierce, and many others...  Today I want to create my own range, to explore my favorite themes in fantasy. 
      All the minis are cast in resin by a skilled craftsman, here in France, no Chinese plastic here.
    • By Sophie was taken
      Just a quick and simple paint, nothing fancy. Couldn’t resist picking it up though, because every tabletop needs a werewolf (even if that tabletop has nobody to play with):

He’s very shiny. I couldn’t find my brush-on sealer and had to use PVA sealer, which is always glossier than the label says. 

His fur is supposed to be mottled grey/white and brown/black, but I never know how to paint the not-obviously furry parts, and usually default to bare skin. In this case, Dark Elf Skin. So I guess he’s a drow werewolf.

Also, this:

Look at at that eye! It’s a halfway decent eye (even if it isn’t quite human)! Calling the whole thing a win on that basis. C&C welcome.
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)