SGHawkins09

Corvus Belli's INFINITY Roleplaying Game

This is live.

Some highlights from the main page:

About this project

Welcome to the Infinity RPG Kickstarter, help us fund an RPG based on the massive Infinity skirmish miniatures game!

dbea8e38e2e190414a4d98fc62bcaa1c_origina

The Infinity universe was launched by Corvus Belli as a hugely-popular tabletop skirmish game in which sci-fi themed miniatures simulated futuristic battles across the alien battlefronts of Paradiso and the internecine conflicts of the Human Sphere. Before there was a skirmish game, though, there was an RPG: Infinity started life as a homemade RPG setting for the early roleplaying adventures of Corvus Belli founders Alberto, Carlos, Fernando, and Gutier. We've been playtesting the Infinity RPG with hundreds of people for the last 9 months, working hard to recapture the excitement of those first sessions and ensure that the feel of the Infinity universe will be captured in your own campaign!

This Kickstarter has funded the production of a beautiful full colour, hardback 368 page core rulebook for the roleplaying game. It will be sent out in PDF in December and the printed books in February 2016. We are also going to fund Faction supplements, campaign, amazing geomorphic tiles, custom dice, accessories, upgrades to increase the content in certain books and much more.

83a13055674458357311143b1656a8a0_origina

In the twisted jungles of Paradiso, humanity fights for its survival. The fierce, alien warriors of the Combined Army have poured through the Acheron Gate, descending upon the emerald jungles of the newest colonial world in a seemingly unstoppable torrent. The bestial Morat pound the Paradiso Front, where brave men and women fight ceaselessly to maintain a desperate defensive line which the sly Shasvastii penetrate with devastating ease. In the star-swept skies above, the collected might of humanity’s armadas maintain a life-or-death blockade to cut off an endless horde of alien reinforcements. And if any of humanity’s fractious forces should falter, then all may be lost…

But beyond that terrifying holding action, the intrigues and adventures of the Human Sphere spin on. Space pirates cruise through the shattered planetoids of Human Edge. Scientist adventurers delve the oceans of Varuna. Merchant guilds scheme amidst the scourging sands of Bourak. From Yutang, the Emperor gazes forth from an uneasy throne. Titanic war machines stride across the icy plains of Svalarheima. Byzantine hypercorps struggle for dominance amidst the chrome towers of Neoterra.

For the last ten years, players have tested their mettle upon the battlefields of the Human Sphere in Corvus Belli’s hugely-popular Infinity skirmish game. Now you can expand your adventures, diving deep into the amazing, never-before-seen depths of the Infinity universe with the ultimate science fiction roleplaying game.

4e89c0e740328fd279a2dedd81f9d1da_origina

Play with the full dynamic 2d20 game system featuring:

• Cinematic action driven by the twin engines of Heat and Momentum
  • The triple battlefields of Warfare, Infowar, and Psywar
  • A multifaceted Zones system which brings the game world to life
  • All New Artwork of the Infinity universe commissioned by Modiphius and Corvus Belli
  • Find out more about the 2d20 System further down the page
Explore the definitive guide to the Infinity universe with:
  • A complete Chronology of the Human Sphere detailing centuries of bloodshed
  • The culture, history, and intrigue of seven powerful factions
  • Gazetteers for all twelve planets of the Human Sphere, including beautiful, full-color maps
Leap into your character by:
  • Forging your identity with an immersive Lifepath character creation system
  • Fighting for your faction with the fractious, innovative Wilderness of Mirrors scenario design system
  • Facing dozens of fearsome, ready-to-play adversaries who stand between you and your destiny!
A 368 page book packed with everything you need to roleplay in the Human Sphere and beyond!

d24f7d25a8e0b2c805126b1ad3d51a9e_origina

Here are our popular Pledge Levels, we'll be adding more as they are unlocked. Note: There will be more Bostria Art Pledges for the Core and Supplements unlocked, we'll send an update before they are so you have a chance to grab one

da66740cc5dd267d62227b80ca881d03_origina

ETA: Link to Kickstarter

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 3

I backed this.

Their Mutant Chronicles game turned out great and this shares a system with it.

Just keep in mind while their products have been excellent they have been chronically behind schedule.

I'm in at the print and PDF master.

I second werk on the behind schedule. I was in on their achtung and while the stuff will come out and look great you will need to be patient. I'm still waiting on Achtung stuff.

The system is actually pretty good. I had misgivings on it for Mutant Chronicles but now that I've seen and played it I enjoy the system.

Set it on reminder.  In general, I have a hard time pledging for RPGs these days.  Everything I've pledged for in the past ended up being retail price, and everything unlocked was released at retail too.  Could have saved 20% or more by waiting.

Set it on reminder.  In general, I have a hard time pledging for RPGs these days.  Everything I've pledged for in the past ended up being retail price, and everything unlocked was released at retail too.  Could have saved 20% or more by waiting.

If the pattern holds from previous ones, the individual books are pretty close to retail. But things like pdf master, print master and subscription are fairly solid discounts.

• Like 1

Surprisingly I am not all that into the miniatures. I am currently in for the pdf of the core rule book but may level up if the Ares Mythologic Indiegogo does not fund. I am mainly in this one for the universe fluff as I am sucker for that kind of stuff.

• Like 1

Surprisingly I am not all that into the miniatures.

That's been the thing holding me back from the Infinity wargame (well, that and a lack of existing players). I think they're solid miniatures, but the style just seems "meh" to me.  Maybe a little too generic or too far-future or something; I can't quite put my finger on it.

Surprisingly I am not all that into the miniatures.

That's been the thing holding me back from the Infinity wargame (well, that and a lack of existing players). I think they're solid miniatures, but the style just seems "meh" to me.  Maybe a little too generic or too far-future or something; I can't quite put my finger on it.

There are actually some of the regular stuff that I really like, the two sets that I have gotten I got because of the minis. But there are some that are, like you said, too generic. I think that is my problem with the ones for the Kickstarter. There is nothing about them that makes them special in my mind. It is a little disappointing as I anticipated going in for just the minis as I am not sure if I will actually play the game. But as I play the war game and am a sucker for fluff, I am in for at least the pdf's.

Kind of surprised no one else has posted this. Modiphius is putting out the Infinity RPG in cooperation with Corvus Belli:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

Love the figures and art and played a little of the skirmish game. I like what I've seen of the setting so far and have thought it would make a good RPG. I was going to do it with Savage Worlds but I guess I'll wait and see how the 2D20 system works out now.

In general, I have a hard time pledging for RPGs these days.  Everything I've pledged for in the past ended up being retail price, and everything unlocked was released at retail too.  Could have saved 20% or more by waiting.

Yep, this is what I've found as well, I think I have generally lost money by pledging for RPG's on Kickstarter. Even stuff that seemed like a great deal, like the Chained Coffin box set for DCC for $30, turned out to have a lot higher shipping than I had thought (another $30) - I could have ordered this product today from NKG for $35, plus $15 shipping. That being said, I was generally happy with the Modiphius project Achtung Cthulhu, where I pledged for only the in print core books at a decent price, and then got free PDF's of a gazillion unlocked supplements. So depending how highly you value PDF's, those might make it worth it for Infinity as well.

In general, I have a hard time pledging for RPGs these days.  Everything I've pledged for in the past ended up being retail price, and everything unlocked was released at retail too.  Could have saved 20% or more by waiting.

Yep, this is what I've found as well, I think I have generally lost money by pledging for RPG's on Kickstarter. Even stuff that seemed like a great deal, like the Chained Coffin box set for DCC for $30, turned out to have a lot higher shipping than I had thought (another $30) - I could have ordered this product today from NKG for $35, plus $15 shipping. That being said, I was generally happy with the Modiphius project Achtung Cthulhu, where I pledged for only the in print core books at a decent price, and then got free PDF's of a gazillion unlocked supplements. So depending how highly you value PDF's, those might make it worth it for Infinity as well.

I've found that with a lot of KSers. With Modiphius you can easily see what their stuff is going for. Right now it seams to be about a wash as the cost of the single core books are less then KSer price (mutant chronicles was $65 and sells for $50 at FRP) but the extra bonus items make up for that.

So with infinity the $65 gets you a LE mini, Core book and players guide. Assuming you could buy the minis post KSer, which you won't, you'll find those would probably be $8, core book $50 and players book $15 based off of how their other stuff is currently priced. And I'm sure more things will be added to the base pledge too.

Their all in PDF pledge is a great deal and so is the all in print (if you can afford to spend that much) as you'll get each pdf for about $10.

Hmm I like a couple of the minis... maybe a couple of cherry-picked add-ons only here... reminder set.

I'll be happy to get add on minis for you to save on shipping.