TaleSpinner

House Figmentius Common Room, All Are Welcome

1381 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2017 at 7:29 PM, knarthex said:

More isn't better, Better is better,,,,

"Uhm.... but you're House Tabletop... and House Tabletop standard isn't exactly 'Better is Better'... Maybe 'Quicker is Better' ... for us Moar is Better."

"Ooooh! Shiny!... " ***wanders away distracted***

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

House procratinus is for not painting.

figmentius is buying minis and painting them :) we just own more than we can ever paint lol. And there's always new limited edition or preorder....

I paint almost everyday.

Edited by Bathory
9 people like this

I haven't picked a house because they all sound about right. Tabletop, procrastinus and figmentius. Unless there's a house that's all about finishing projects in a quick and timely manner. I definitely don't belong there.

5 people like this

Well you noticed House P hasn't posted in awhile. We'll get around to doing that again, just something has come up!!! ::P:

7 people like this

56 minutes ago, Bathory said:

House procratinus is for not painting.

figmentius is buying minis and painting them :) we just own more than we can ever paint lol. And there's always new limited edition or preorder....

I paint almost everyday.

This is exactly how I feel.  I love painting and I have been painting every day since school ended.  Even still I have tons of minis to paint, and probably wont go to them soon, but what I love about having so many minis is the possibilities. I am too capricious to be held to only a few minis to choose from when thinking of what I am going to paint next.  Plus I enjoy the challenge of using new colours and techniques that are determined by the mini I choose.  Finally, I certainly have attention problems and I like having multiple projects going on at once.  I am learning quickly that while I really enjoy painting my Warmachine minis, I grow tired of using the same colours quickly and want to try my hand at other things. 

5 people like this

23 minutes ago, Zink said:

I haven't picked a house because they all sound about right. Tabletop, procrastinus and figmentius. Unless there's a house that's all about finishing projects in a quick and timely manner. I definitely don't belong there.

There's a little of every house in each of us, you just need to figure out which speaks to you the most. We play some little recruitment games around here, but in the end we are all a big family and enjoy the camaraderie. I've posted a few times in each of the other house threads when I paint up things for tabletop use or haven't painted in a while or convert/modify things.

6 people like this

On 15-5-2017 at 2:38 AM, knarthex said:

So what if you get flooded with old 1970s Heritage and Grenadier figure that had barely any detail?????

Is that realy better?

Or a few crisply cast minis????

Hmmmm?

You can flood me with old Grenadier minis....

Especially their Dragon's of the Month, their Undead and the Orc Woflriders...

2 people like this

House Tabletop for the win!!!!

3 people like this

6 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

There's a little of every house in each of us, you just need to figure out which speaks to you the most. We play some little recruitment games around here, but in the end we are all a big family and enjoy the camaraderie. I've posted a few times in each of the other house threads when I paint up things for tabletop use or haven't painted in a while or convert/modify things.

Except when the Frog starts using forbidden technologies, banned by the Space Pope's Inquisition....

Then all bets are off.....

2 people like this

7 hours ago, haldir said:

Well you noticed House P hasn't posted in awhile. We'll get around to doing that again, just something has come up!!! ::P:

Like we're far too busy posting in everybody else's House threads. We'll have time to post in ours again...eventually.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

5 people like this

On 16-5-2017 at 10:08 PM, Chaoswolf said:

House Tabletop is used to show off all of the minis from House Figmentius in a battle.

While the Figmentius Members are busy collecting more!

Indeed!

2 people like this

After the monthly reaper order came in today I found that in addition to two shelves being full, I have wallpapered a good bit of the north wall in blister packs. Glancing at the previews section and seeing the multitude of skeletal minis....I may need to aquire more thumbtacks. Now to get back to the desk as the minis are giving me the death glare again.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

I think I still belong in tabletop.  I normally finish a lot of minis to a less than perfect standard of detail. 

- and I have this goal of finishing Bones2 Core set. (to go with my completed vampire pledge) 

but since I am not running games, and haven't for more than a year, not a lot of my stuff sees the table top.

Even the Yeti I converted to a Jedi for my Star Wars PC, was finished the week after the campaign ended. 

Im am also buying diet since spending so much on kingdom of death, and then another HUGE kick starter that delivered recently ..

apparently KoD will ship the core game in August, and I am not psychologically ready for the assembly and painting that will entail.

I have reluctantly  come to terms with the fact I will not be painting all my minis. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
7 people like this

*** Spends hours putting all his minis on the floor***

*** Looks at them, smiles and puts them all back in their containers***

*** Browses the Internet in search for more***

8 people like this

*walks in sees a bunch of minis on the floor and the wolf staring longingly at moar minis on a laptop, he starts to scoop some up*

Free minis! YES!!! :wow:

6 people like this