Sign in to follow this  
Erifnogard

Eldar Corsair project (pics, pics, oh Dog the pics)

Haven't  worked on Eldar in a while but had an urge and an extra Bonesinger lying about so I kitbashed it with a plastic Farseer.  Need to do some minor greenstuffing but mainly trying to decide if I want to make a back vane setup like the Spiritseers have.  I'll think on it till Monday when I go to the store and have access to some plastruct.

IMG_1394.jpeg

IMG_1395.jpeg

IMG_1396.jpeg

• Like 10

Another quick but effective conversion.  Took the head and backpiece for  the new plastic spiritseer and combined with the Eldrad Ulthran figure to make an Iyanden themed Farseer.

IMG_1401.jpeg

IMG_1400.jpeg

IMG_1403.jpeg

Edited by Erifnogard
Added a shot with the Bonesinger for scale and cause they are going to be used together.
  • Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      More Stuff I did on Summer Vacation.

PingosHusband gave me a set of Citadel "Sisters of the Thorn", female wood elves riding what are supposed to be deer, I think (although they have solid hooves and their antlers attach weirdly). Anyhow, they look pretty cool. The set also could make up some hunky shirtless male riders in creepy antlered masks, and I ended up making one of those along with four of the females.

And then there were parts left over.

Sooo ...  I had enough to make one more full male torso and one female torso lacking hair (and three male torsos that need hair and right arms, but that's a project for another day ...).

Well, what can you do with a torso?

Obviously, make centaurs (horse or spider) out of them. I lugged out my bin o' Bones and found 77264: Female Centaur sculpted by Sandra Garrity (There's a male centaur too, but interestingly the female "horse" part is larger and more robust than the male.) and 77182: Arachnid Archer sculpted by Gene van Horne.

I ruthlessly sliced off the human torso from the centaur and used a pin because I'm not sure how well epoxy adheres to Bones.

I carved the waist of the spider body a little to fit the elf torso, but I didn't take pictures of that. This is the figure fitted in but not yet glued. There wasn't any hair for this torso, so her face is only a hollow mask glued to the neck at a tiny contact point at the back of the chin, fragile and just a little creepy.

I mixed up some epoxy and drizzled little comma-shapes onto parchment paper, let them dry, and peeled them off. Then I mixed more epoxy and blobbed it into the back of the elf's skull and added dried epoxy commas until it looked more or less like hair.

Here are the two of them done:

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Ensign Roxy "Hotshot" Malone, the colour scheme test Voidsman for my Starstriders set.

I think she came out pretty well, and the group should look rather striking, when I eventually get the rest painted.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By dks
      This is the miniature for my character in my current home game, the "Ruins of Azlant" Pathfinder Adventure Path. 
      My character is a changeling (child of a sea hag), a spellcaster with an affinity for water and also some rogue abilities. 
      She presented herself as a human rogue for the first few sessions, but couldn't keep the secret forever.
      We have finished 2 of the 6 books, playing about twice a month.  I was using an elf mini from my collection as a stand-in, but I knew I wanted to paint a mini specific to the character.

She wears a suit of magical eelskin leather armor (which we recently found in the game); her main weapons are a longspear, a crossbow, and her claws.
      I searched through the Reaper catalog and I remembered how much I liked this dark elf from the Warlord line (14089 Aundine), though I had never painted one:

So I made a few changes:
      - cut off the pointy right ear and resculpted hair over it
      - cut away hair from left side of face and resculpted face and hair
      - removed sword, drilled a hole through right hand, added a spear:
         - spearhead/blade from 03466 Taladise elf huntress
         - shaft made from the wire of a Chinese food take-out container
         - wrapping and end-cap sculpted from Green Stuff
      - removed left hand and weapon, replaced with claw-hand from 03337 Terezinya, attached left arm to body at a higher angle than shown in the catalog example
      - cut right foot off of tab and straightened foot
      - added goggles with Green Stuff

Here was the result of those conversions:

More to come!
      Derek (DKS)

• By LarsM
      Finally got around to take pictures of my Warhammer diorama.
      I entered it into a local competition, and was lucky enough to win the Warhammer category. Thanks to everyone who wrote a comment in the WIP thread.
      Link here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81383-warhammer-diorama-pic-heavy/

..Sorry for the overload of pictures!  -could'nt help myself..

Although on these pictures I can see many mistakes, I am quite happy with it.
      Hope you enjoy it, and as always any comment, critiq or question is welcome.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Brokk Grungsson, an important character in the Kharadron Overlords (steampunk, sky pirate dwarfs) faction in the game Warhammer: Age of Sigmar.

Had this one in the Cupboard of Unfinished Thingstm for a while, and I'm glad it's finally done.
      Bit disappointed with the base though. I wanted to give him a reason for wearing his blimp-suit, so I have him flying over a large pool lava, but I don't think it really works, it needs more texture or some rocks to break up all the yellow or something.

As always any comments or criticisms are warmly received. 
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)