Auberon

KD: Monster Assemble! [Open]

They are the bonus secret minis on the antelope sprue. They are being referred to as "Intimacy" online. They are proving to be quite the challenge for people to assemble. Lots of discussion on what goes where. This is the most plausible build I have seen so far. I personally am considering waiting for at least an official assembled shot.

• Like 3

I am using superglue for some parts and plastic glue for others. Which one depends a lot on surface area for the join. Wrists, for example, will all be plastic glue. Feet-to-base, too.

• Like 2

Definitely plastic cement. I used super glue on a couple, but the cement not only makes a stronger join it also make assembly easier.

"Intimacy" is the name stamped on the sprue. They match the art for that section of the rule book. An official picture would definitely help, though I'm reasonably confident in what I did. The big issue is that there is another hole in the woman's back suggesting something is supposed to fit there. So far though the only thing I've seen attached there is the bit of cloth I have as the man's skirt.

• Like 2

They are the bonus secret minis on the antelope sprue. They are being referred to as "Intimacy" online. They are proving to be quite the challenge for people to assemble. Lots of discussion on what goes where. This is the most plausible build I have seen so far. I personally am considering waiting for at least an official assembled shot.

That explains why I hadn't seen them before, I abandoned most places discussing Monster as soon as the core boxes started showing up, want to go into the game as blind as possible!

@Pingo - I'm using plastic glue, Revell Contacta to be precise.

• Like 3

I actually have that sprue out too work on tonight.  It is rather annoying that he went to the effort of labeling the prologue sprue and then did nothing with this one.  I'll take some pictures along the way.

• Like 3

As promised, I've started working on the Screaming Antelope/The Hand/Intimacy sprue.  We acknowledge it is "Intimacy" because the sprue says so.  ^_^   When approaching a problem like this my first step is to eliminate that which is know, in this case the monsters.  For something a little different, I snapped a pic of the sprue in question and then proceeded to highlight the parts I'll be using. First up is the "Screaming Antelope."  Overall it is a straightforward build.  As mentioned above, one of its ears needed a little trimming to fit.  My cast also had an issue with one of its legs, almost like a mold slip.  I trimmed part of it down and plan to build the rest of it up later.

post-13211-0-17014100-1443662982_thumb.jpg

post-13211-0-89911500-1443662983.jpg

Next up is The Hand, which I have removed but not yet assembled.  This leaves just the "Intimacy" minis attached. 

post-13211-0-28791000-1443662989_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Superglue.  And yes- they broke at the joint.  Sigh. I'll break out the 2-part epoxy for the bigger minis.

• Like 3

Superglue.  And yes- they broke at the joint.  Sigh. I'll break out the 2-part epoxy for the bigger minis.

Plastic model cement will hold just as well, if not better, than the epoxy and be much easier to use.

• Like 3

Plastic model cement will hold just as well, if not better, than the epoxy and be much easier to use.

Just be really serious about good ventilation.

• Like 5