Auberon

KD: Monster Assemble! [Open]

Hand monster. Horror. You should watch the short film from Oats Studio. ^.^ Zygote

• Like 1

Here is the first of three armor sets from the bronze bakcers box - rawhide.  it's probably my least favorite of the three and not all of the pieces fit together very well.  For this set I used the special heads and left the fur ring off of the lady's shoulders.  It really restricts the range which you can pose the arms, basically limiting them to pointing down like the men's.  They aren't attached to their bases yet, but I sat the minis on them for the pic.

59f3d1fb63fab_KDMonster35.thumb.jpg.5189ddd73ce34b34890f3daa15cab934.jpg

I rather like the phoenix set and it is calling to me, but I should be responsible and start on my winter exchange mini instead...

• Like 5

Nice to see your models all coming together.  I've never been a fan of the rawhide armor, mainly because its so boring compared to the rest of the armor sets.  Looking forward to your other Watcher as its one of my favs.

• Like 1

Ok.. how are folks putting Erza's bent arm on? I'm trying to use tweezers because i keep trying to super glue it to my finger and i cant get the angle right. I think i'm starting to see stress marks at the wrist.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Ok.. how are folks putting Erza's bent arm on? I'm trying to use tweezers because i keep trying to super glue it to my finger and i cant get the angle right. I think i'm starting to see stress marks at the wrist.

The one with the stone? I glued it to her left breast as a second point of contact.

• Like 2

Anyone have any tips for managing all the bonuses (I am thinking things that apply when survivors are created, when they deploy, and in showdown)? Playing solo, I am already starting to miss random things here and there.

I almost killed off a survivor due to forgetting a situational item ability until the last minute.

Edited by Talae

And done with the second phoenix armor kit.  A second kit really isn't necessary to play but it does allow you to cover all of the major combinations for both genders. I.e. male & female archer, male & female "sword & board", male & female swordsmen, etc.  One thing that does become apparent with this kit once 8 minis are assembled is that the female minis have more variation than the male. 

The male:

59f6864d384ad_KDMonster36.thumb.jpg.556de202e332d3a06a813f52b14a66e0.jpg

The female:

59f6865387a5b_KDMonster37.thumb.jpg.3d7290c4f51af7e9776f878ef7e622e7.jpg

Some of these poses worked better in my head than my execution allowed and some ideas had to be discarded because they simply didn't work, but overall i'm satisfied with the results.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, aku-chan said:

You're doing a really good job getting them into natural poses.

Thanks, though I think some of them are a little stiff.  I found with this set that the ball at the shoulder is frequently just a tiny bit larger than it should be for the socket. Trimming them a bit let the arms fit a bit more snugly and gave the ladies a bit more range of motion for posing.  Best of all, the ball goes into the socket and is hidden so you don't need to worry about being perfect with the cuts.

• Like 3