knarthex

House Tabletop Opens "The Gameroom" Come on in and talk Gaming and Paint!

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

See, that's because it's supposed to be old age and treachery to beat youth and skill...:poke:

Well, yes...::D: Unfortunately for me, Charge is a pretty open game without much scope for treachery. 

2 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

You need to schedule a NQSYW game for a club night.  I would love to have a chance to deploy my North Polenburg forces again.   

The main disincentive is the set up time, with all of those individually based figures. We had about 400 between the two sides this weekend, I guess. How big a table can you deploy in your basement these days? For Frostgrave you're sometimes running 5x12?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

Well, yes...::D: Unfortunately for me, Charge is a pretty open game without much scope for treachery. 

The main disincentive is the set up time, with all of those individually based figures. We had about 400 between the two sides this weekend, I guess. How big a table can you deploy in your basement these days? For Frostgrave you're sometimes running 5x12?

Rob-  Yes, 5x12. Are you going to be at the Frostgrave game tomorrow?  We can discuss specifics then.  Maybe you could come over some Friday night to set up, then we could have a game on Saturday.

dragon age game night again! bare minimum turn out tonight so shenanigans happened. we talked our way into an avar camp just to immediately ask exactly the wrong question, and agro THE ENTIRE CAMP! I killed two wizards. our fighter was wading through a sea of angry avar. and we got to use one of the clear bones minis because another rogue kept sneaking. someone's personal quest will go unfulfilled because we stalled 3 months waiting for her to show up, but eventually we had to move the plot forward. 

After dealing with the avar we headed for home, only to hear the cry of a possessed wyvern.

Someone, who happens to already be wearing a wyvern skin coat, me, declared a hunt. we annoyed the wyvern to death, and looted the valuable bits to fund our nonsense.

Then the session ended with us walking home while our two fighters were trying to walk off a severe but nonlethal poisoning.

edit: I forgot the goats! there was a dual of animal handling between the avar who was on our side, and an enemy where they kept attacking each other with goats that had been wandering around before the fight began. The one hero goat survived the battle. we have claimed this goat as ours, we are getting him tiny goat barding.

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 3

Yesterday we played the 6th game of our Frostgrave Campaign.  We did the Library scenario from the core rulebook.  Twelve feet of Dwarven Forge laid out is always a beautiful sight to behold, and all the narrow passages and small rooms made for some tense close quarters fighting.  

My Sigilist's full reports will be posted over on the Campaign thread in the next day or two.  In the meantime, here's a couple photos from the game.

fullsizeoutput_1ef7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1f48.jpeg

• Like 6

It was almost enough to make me wish I'd bought in. I'll have to build a dungeon game with the Fat Dragon card model stuff at some point...

IMG_2211.thumb.JPG.758d2792831a8b4f1bfc282d440dfa0a.JPG

Quiet game in my corner; judicious use of the Wall spell isolated my immediate neighbors. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

It was almost enough to make me wish I'd bought in. I'll have to build a dungeon game with the Fat Dragon card model stuff at some point...

IMG_2211.thumb.JPG.758d2792831a8b4f1bfc282d440dfa0a.JPG

Quiet game in my corner; judicious use of the Wall spell isolated my immediate neighbors. 

so what's the rogue doing on top of that bookshelf?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Climbing up to collect the treasure token placed there...

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

3 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

Climbing up to collect the treasure token placed there...

So, just to clarify.  By scenario definition, the library is underground and all rooms and corridors are considered roofed and self contained.  So technically even though the scroll rack is taller and than the walls around it, and it looks like the rogue is a big target up there, he actually is hidden from surrounding enemy eyes.

• Like 2

"What is that lumpen thing?"

"Huh?"

" I think that's Auric" (our dwarf)

20170722_172212.jpg

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 4

Once more into the frozen city this past Saturday as we explored the Lair of the Ghoul King...

Quail's report to be posted in the next day or two.

Edit 8/8:  Report now posted- https://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2017/08/frostgrave-campaign-17-game-8-lair-of.html

fullsizeoutput_2139.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3

My older son came up for a visit with gaming included this weekend.

http://sharpbrush.blogspot.com/2017/09/imagi-nations-interlude.html

We had a chance to try out his ongoing project with fictitious 19th century countries and a classic toy soldier aesthetic, rendered with 1/72 scale plastics, quilting cloth, and vintage toys.

IMG_1919.thumb.JPG.a388fc3ac5f93d26475b971a53b98a16.JPG

• Like 6

A few of us got together yesterday to playtest a couple of our games for the upcoming Fall-In convention in Lancaster PA.  I ran a Doctor Who scenario called "Doctor Who and the Pirates of the Cyberiad Main".  The set up was that the Doctor was enjoying a trip to a quiet 18th century Caribbean island when it was unexpectedly invaded by pirates who had rescued some Cybermen from their spaceship which had crashed somewhere in the ocean.   The Cybermen had made a deal with the pirates, and the prates had agreed to secure victims captives for the Cyberman.  So the goal of the Cybermen/Pirate players was to capture 6 Townsfolk and/or Garrison troops, and carry them back to their landing boats.  Meanwhile the Doctor had to  travel to three different buildings in the village to collect the equipment he would need to make special ammunition that would penetrate the Cybermen's armor (otherwise they were very hard to disable.)  

It was a fun and exciting game that went right down to the wire, with the Cyberman/Pirate alliance coming out on top with 6 captives in the end.  

The most exciting part of the game was when the Doctor and his companions (Amy, the Governor of the island, and the Governor's Daughter) attempted to get the last item the Doctor needed.  It was in a warehouse that was overrun with pirates, so the only way the Doctor could get in safely was by an upper story window. So, they ended up hovering in the TARDIS outside the window as the Doctor leapt trough the window into a room full of Pirates.  Amy tried to follow, but fell and was knocked unconscious when she hit the ground.  After the Doctor fought the pirates ineffectually for a couple turns, the Governor decided to jump across too, and a fun multi-turn swashbuckling duel occurred.  Eventually they cleared the upper floor, and the Doctor was able to secure the last item he needed, but it was a little late in the game, and the Cybermen/Pirate team were already near their victory goal.

I'm really looking forward to running this again at the convention!

A view of the table.

fullsizeoutput_22a1.jpeg

A wild melee outside the warehouse with townsfolk, pirates and Cybermen

fullsizeoutput_2298.jpeg

The garrison also had a big fight with pirates and Cybermen.  In the upper right of the photo and unfortunate trooper is being dragged away by a Cyberman.

fullsizeoutput_229c.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6