knarthex

House Tabletop Opens "The Gameroom" Come on in and talk Gaming and Paint!

5 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

It’s Ghost Archipelago day again:

And if you zoom the camera way back, it looked like this...

fullsizeoutput_3b41.jpeg

Another fun day in the Ghost Archipelago....full report to follow later this week. ::):

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7

40 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Where's a "dropped jaw" emote when you need one!  That looks like quite the board to say the least!

Thanks!  A friend and I both bought into the recent Secret Weapon “Terrainscapes Dungeon: Mines” Kickstarter; and this was the results.  ::):

It represents 5 of the Core Sets, and a bunch of the add-ons. 

I have to say, it was a whole lot of fun to get it all on the table and play on it. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3

The house is a pre-move disaster area,

but I set up my new Alpha Game table for a trial run, with my 40mm home cast Renaissance collection.

B107336C-7A83-4948-A747-1947AA8901AC.thumb.jpeg.08394b0fa8479ca486e070cf64cd63a9.jpeg

Here my shot defend an enclosure while the swordsmen block the lane. 

EFFBB913-B73B-4B41-BDD9-C370AB6E954B.thumb.jpeg.f9b1198ab36ac35d46705943dcc65432.jpeg

Ultimately I lost my overal commander in a bid to salvage a cavalry fight, and conceded to my son after a lively little game. 

• Like 7

Great stuff, everyone! It's nice to see that have been some cool games running the past few months.

On 8/22/2018 at 11:53 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

Played more "gaslands" tonight. Tied for last in death race. 

Eventually one of the people in the group will notice the pattern. Every time he does something early on that makes it impossible for me to win. So I spend the rest of the game hunting and killing his whole team. He tied for last place with me. 

That sounds like a game of Frostgrave I played a while back.

My opponent had a much better strategy then I did, so he ended up grabbing a fair number of the treasures early on. Seeing that I wasn't going to 'win', i switched to 'BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!'  mode and proceeded to slaughter his warband down to about 3 or 4 members. My thought process was that he was gonna need to spend all that newly found gold to rebuild his warband, or else be severely handicapped for our next game.

• Like 6