Sign in to follow this  
Mr Effin

Metamorphosis Alphaâ„¢ Minis - First Miniatures for First SciFi RPG

We Launched yesterday, and are going strong! I want to give everyone who is new to this thread for the first time a peak of where we are now and a glimpse of our Kickstarter.

MA-minis-banner-small.jpg?resize=900%2C6

In 1976, while working with TSR, the original publishers of Dungeons & Dragons, James M. Ward created the foundation for another genre of adventure role-playing. His game, Metamorphosis Alphaâ„¢ Role-Playing Game, established a foundation where Science Fiction storytelling could harness the imagination of players in this classic paper and pencil role-playing game. Game enthusiasts have been waiting a long time for Metamorphosis Alphaâ„¢ to have miniatures that represent even a small portion of the incredible creatures and survivors on the Starship Warden.

And YOU are a crucial part of making that happen!

2343b0aa1be0ca1e9e5155f8f2694c2b_origina

Pretty much everything is available at early Pledge Levels as an ADD-ON!!

2cad2c7795d6974c57b2a0fc76d5e356_origina

With your backing, we have the unique opportunity and honor to bring a portion of this world of imagination to life in the form of 28mm miniatures. Being able to do this is a huge honor, and we are thankful that James M. Ward is giving us this opportunity to make miniature representations of his world. We agree with Mr. Ward when he says “gaming on the Warden is better if there are visuals to look at.â€
Your support will allow us to purchase a license from James M. Ward to not only create the miniatures for this kickstarter, but also establish a schedule of quarterly releases of new Metamorphosis Alphaâ„¢ Miniatures.
To make this all happen, we've engaged the talents of a number of artists to create sculptures using both traditional materials and 3D digital sculpting:
  • Anton Ducrot
  • Mark Evans
  • George Fairlamb
  • Shane Hoyle
  • Jason Wiebe
STRETCH GOALS:
Should the community exceed our basic funding level we will match their generosity with additional miniature options...
  • LEVEL 1 - $9,250 Unlock Miniature 1 as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 2 - $10,000 Unlock Miniature 2 as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 3 - $10,750 Unlock Miniature 3 as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 4 - $11,500 Unlock Miniature 4 as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 5 - $12,250 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 6 - $13,000 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 7 - $13,750 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 8 - $14,500 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 9 - $15,250 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 10 - $16,000 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 11 - $16,750 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 12 - $17,500 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 13 - $18,250 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 14 - $19,000 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 15 - $19,750 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 16 - $20,250 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • LEVEL 17- $21,000 Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • OBSERVATION DECK - $20,000 Unlock James Ward's Miniatures Combat Rules for Metamorphosis Alpha Miniatures as Tier 2 Add-On.
  • Facebook "Effin Cool Minis" 800 Likes Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • Facebook "Effin Cool Minis" 1,600 Likes Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • Facebook "Effin Cool Minis" 2,400 Likes Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • Twitter "@effincoolminis" 1,000 Followers Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • Twitter "@effincoolminis" 2,000 Followers Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
  • Twitter "@effincoolminis" 3,000 Followers Unlock Mystery Miniature as Tier2 Add-On
8ac0e894982eca5dc7e5acc5ae5992c2_origina

ORIGINAL "PRE-LAUNCH" POST BELOW!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
As some of you are aware, Effin Cool Minis is a small startup and as such we are looking to crowdfunding to help us get our start and make the First Ever Miniatures for the First Sci-Fi RPG Ever Written. This is a huge honor, and we are thankful that James M. Ward liked us enough to give us this chance to make miniature representations of his world, for as he has said, "gaming on the Warden is better if there are visuals to look at."

Game enthusiasts have been waiting a long time for Metamorphosis Alpha to have miniatures that represent some small portion of the creatures and survivors on the Warden. In 1976 James M. Ward worked with TSR, the original publishers of Dungeons & Dragons, when he created the foundation for Science Fiction to meet the imagination utilizing paper and pencil through his RPG scenarios.

The Warden was an enormous and benevolent ship whose A.I. made certain everyone was taken care of and every machine stayed in its place. At least, it did before the event that changed everything.

12116004_721493071314558_787754917128765

In Metamorphosis Alpha, anything is possible as it takes place long after the radiation based event that reshaped the living creatures who were fleeing on the Warden to what they hoped was safety. They were wrong, and most perished but for those creatures that survived in their remote sections of this enormous ship new cultures evolved. Small pockets of humanity still exist though they are often tribe-like with simple rules passed down from generation to generation. Other creatures evolved their own cultures with their own set of rules, some more advanced than others. These rules have enabled a primitive form of survival in a high tech environment where stepping ever so slightly outside of the known and finding some new object could yield more understanding and prosperity, but most often brings destruction through ignorance.

Effin Cool Minis has the distinct opportunity to bring a portion of this world from the imagination into a person's hands in the form of miniatures, but first we will need a bit of help from the fans of Sci-Fi that would like to see this made a reality!

11012802_1677608505809908_23471701293790

To join the discussion on Twitter look for @EffinCoolMinis or @felipe_effin.
Or like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/metalphaminis
For More information:
http://metamorphosisalpha.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamorphosis_Alpha Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 1

Where would I go about looking at pictures of these minis?

• Like 2

Huh. This is one of the few topics left that I might sctually support...

Thanks, we can surely use the support of the community to get this going! :)

While we are in the prelaunch phase we only have various test prints and 3d sculpt renders. We are looking to lean on some other traditional sculptors as well for this, but we are trying to keep the expenses low as a startup design and casting company.

If you are up to doing some good old Facebook stalking, my business partner uses Facebook to get pics off his cellphone where he has various renders and test prints. ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/john.popson.1

We plan to spoil concept art in the mean time, and hopefully get suggestions and comments from the community.

Here is another spoiler:

We have a sighting of another droid on the Warden. Whatever its function, it does not look like it would be safe to get too close. How long can we survive exploring this place when everything looks so deadly? Not to mention all the radiation warnings we have been picking up!!

Teaser-Concept2.jpg?resize=600%2C450

We have located a humanoid creature on the Warden. It seems to have suffered some effects of mutation which appear harmless enough, but I have heard of other mutants that appear completely normal that can change the environment to something deadly in minutes. We best approach cautiously…

Teaser-Concept3.jpg?resize=400%2C300

Hmmm .. I just read "a $26 flat rate shipping" .. for the 4 minis worth $7 a piece that I like .. perhaps I'd better wait until they go retail! :mellow:

I just spoke to John one of the Kickstarter creators, the shipping based on send 4 minis to the Uk should cost @$10, the cost of shipping I based on the weight, depends where you live shipping 4 minis should be a lot cheaper than $25

Stretch goal #3 the Flying Spider is unlocked

Stretch goal #4 & #5 have been added, which are the Ground Diver and the War Bot, We are halfway to unlocking the Ground Diver!

Stretch goal update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/497254986/metamorphosis-alphatm-28mm-miniatures/posts/1450123

Also closing in on the social goals!

Only 40 more Facebook likes needed to unlock Facebook social goal #3

260/300 likes

Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/effincoolmini/?fref=ts

20 more Twitter followers needed to unlock Twitter social goal #1

280/300 followers

Twitter link:

https://twitter.com/EffinCoolMinis

Seems interesting, i will have to check it out when it hits KS

We plan to launch November 25th at High Noon Eastern Time and provide a limited slot early bird discount to the top Pledge level.

Here is some updated concept art and a sample 3D render from our site that we have spoiled regarding this so far...

Teaser-Concept4.jpg?resize=400%2C300

Teaser-Concept5.jpg?resize=400%2C300

Renders.jpg?resize=940%2C705

Here is a test print so far...

RenderPrint.jpg?resize=400%2C300

and I also wanted to show some painted 80mm pewter trolls from our first Kickstarter that we are wrapping up and getting ready to ship out to show proof of print to cast quality.

BigBastardTrolls.jpg?resize=400%2C445

Launched and going strong!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/497254986/metamorphosis-alphatm-28mm-miniatures

some previews...

photo-original.jpg?v=1448404849&w=1024&h=768&fit=crop&auto=format&q=92

2343b0aa1be0ca1e9e5155f8f2694c2b_original.jpg?v=1448421689&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&q=92

Launched and going strong!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/497254986/metamorphosis-alphatm-28mm-miniatures

MA-minis-banner-small.jpg?resize=900%2C675

Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 1

I want go get some of the figures but I'm going to have to see the actual miniature before I can commit. Setting a reminder on KS for this project.

• Like 1

I want go get some of the figures but I'm going to have to see the actual miniature before I can commit. Setting a reminder on KS for this project.

Thanks, not sure if you were aware there were some sculpts and print WIPs at the bottom of the kickstarter.  Were you waiting to see a particular concept made into a sculpt / print, or are you waiting to see them cast into pewter?  I am also curious how much the 3D render WIP pictures are of interest?

This is our second Kickstarter, and we are personally cranking away at concepts / designs right now based on what we think funding will look like as we are 2 guys trying not to over invest towards a potentially small target market.  Especially, since we have a contract to do miniatures for Kobold Press soon as well.  The more the Kickstarter funding moves forward, the more we would feel confident to set the sculpting team we have available to work on more concept realization.

Thanks for your interest, and I hope you find what we make interesting in the end!  :-)

• Like 1

Thanks, not sure if you were aware there were some sculpts and print WIPs at the bottom of the kickstarter.  Were you waiting to see a particular concept made into a sculpt / print, or are you waiting to see them cast into pewter?  I am also curious how much the 3D render WIP pictures are of interest?

This is our second Kickstarter, and we are personally cranking away at concepts / designs right now based on what we think funding will look like as we are 2 guys trying not to over invest towards a potentially small target market.  Especially, since we have a contract to do miniatures for Kobold Press soon as well.  The more the Kickstarter funding moves forward, the more we would feel confident to set the sculpting team we have available to work on more concept realization.

Thanks for your interest, and I hope you find what we make interesting in the end!  :-)

From my personal experiences with KS with miniatures; I would need to see 3D renders at minimum but what I would be interested in seeing is actual miniature. No matter the material actual miniatures speaks volumes over just concept art and 3d Renders speak more than concept art. The ones you have displayed at the bottom are nice but not enough to get my attention. I am still eager to see your actual miniatures because I like the Sci-fi genre very much. 

• Like 1

Halfway through the campaign and 90% funded, they are getting there!

First stretch goal has been unveiled

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/497254986/metamorphosis-alphatm-28mm-miniatures/posts/1429300

Social stretch goal #1 the Female Spear Warrior add-on is unlocked and added free to certain pledge levels

Social stretch goal update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/497254986/metamorphosis-alphatm-28mm-miniatures/posts/1439978#comments

Pictures of the completed Gorilloid sculpt have been added

Gorilloid update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/497254986/metamorphosis-alphatm-28mm-miniatures/posts/1440112#comments

Some very nice monster minis! I like the toad, the vines and the fungus! ^_^

Might be tempted ..

Edited by Findariel
  • Like 2

Social stretch goal #2 announced 250 Facebook likes unlocks the Clutch Vine Pods

As it stands now its 232/250 likes

Facebook link:

Social goal update:

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/238292504/rise-of-the-shadow-lords?ref=category_newest

Warning: Nudity

About this project
      The Shadow Lords have been waging war in the depths of the Shadow Realm for thousands of years. 
      Each model will be cast in gray resin at the highest quality and be shipped as a model kit with some assembly required. They will be boxed with supportive foam ensuring that they are delivered in the best possible condition. As you can see each figure is highly detailed and stands roughly 6 inches or 152mm tall making them perfect for hobby painting, display, and 28-32mm scale table top gaming! If you need a new final boss, a overlord for your cult, or just a new way to wipe the party you've got trapped in the Underworld.. you've come to the right place!  They will make perfect Christmas gifts for the gamers, painters, and dungeon masters in your life. 
      **All models are printed in gray resin - NONE ARE PAINTED** 
      The project funds 1 Shadow Lord at a time! Basically, the Kickstarter's total goal will cover the complete production costs and ensure the price point for a single model. There are 4 Shadow Lords in total and we will have to reach 400% funding to unlock all 4! Once a stretch goal is unlocked that Shadow Lord will then be available to choose as a reward or Add-On! 
      Each model or a T-shirt can be added to any pledge level. Simply select your pledge level and in order to add an additional Shadow Lord figurine or an additional T-shirt to your order simply add $75 for a Shadow Lord or $25 for a T-shirt to your pledge! Its that easy! If you want more than one simply multiply the add on price by the number you wish to add and let me know in the Backer Report message at the end of the Kickstarter what the additional funds were for. 
      Once a Shadow Lord is unlocked more details about them will be released! 
      Stretch Goal 1 - Abatszar Prince of the Shadow Realm 
      Models are printed in grey resin  
      Textured 3d model - models will NOT come painted  
      Lore Stretch Goal 2 - Steve the Soul-Eater
      Models are printed in grey resin  
      Steve & Nik Lore Stretch Goal 3 - Nik the Flesh-Reaver 

Height Comparison
    • By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      Why Back This Project?
      • Great Game! An easy to learn and easy to play big box 4x by Scott Almes. His best work yet! ---- Now with SOLO Play and Team Play (2v2 and 3v3)!
      • Huge Discounts! Over 20% off MSRP! Will have limited retail availabiltiy.
      • FREE Promos (that will not be in stores)!
      Gamelyn miniature comes FREE with every game pledge! Mechmaster Cyd miniature comes FREE with every Deluxe pledge! • Awesome Stretch Goals! Your pledge helps unlock additional FREE content!
      CORE GAME

4 Player Setup. Click to Enlarge.  

This Add-On is covered by a 30 Day *Money-Back Guarantee! CORE GAME w/ DELUXE EXPANSION

6 Player Setup. Click to Enlarge.  

This Add-On is covered by a 30 Day *Money-Back Guarantee!  
    • By SamuraiJack
      For @ub3r_n3rd

About this project

Barbarians: The Invasion is a worker placement and area control eurogame from acclaimed author Pierluca Zizzi. Enter the mysterious World of Fenian, a place where barbarian clans rule wild lands and corrupt civilizations live in decaying cities. Each player will become the Warlord of a clan and lead them on the conquest of civilized lands, but only one will leave his mark on history. You will need a strong economy and an even stronger army, do you have what it takes?

• By HornedTurtle
      About this project
      What Is This Kickstarter About?
      The initial Kickstarter goal is to fund the very first WHISPER mecha's masters and production molds.
      These are the WHISPERs currently available to pick for your rewards.
      SOKAR/BASTET - KNEELING - (Sokar head shown but also includes Bastet head option)
      SOKAR/BASTET - STANDING - (Bastet head shown but also includes Sokar head option)
      History of WHISPER Design
      Over the course of the last four months, the 3-D sculptors of Marchen Atelier - Heriberto and Gibran - and Tom Anders - of Impact! Miniatures - have collaborated with me in the creation of these miniatures.
      We've gone from a fantastic two-dimensional art piece done by John Yechan Seung.
      To a three-dimensional computer export model.
      Full resolution 3D sculpt by Marchen Atelier. To full three-dimensional miniatures created by Tom Anders through Impact! Miniatures' 3-D printing service after some advice on modifications to the design by Tom.
      One painted 3d print prototype by Todd Farnholtz next to various 6mm and 15mm miniatures, from Onslaught Miniatures, Khurasan Miniatures, White Dragon Miniatures, and The Ion Age. Now that we have our starting point, I need you, the potential Backers, supporters, and fans, to assist in the creation of the master prints, the production molds, and the base materials.
      The Master - These are the original masters that can be re-used to create the production molds.
      The Production Molds - The actual mold wheels that will create the miniatures.
      Casting Materials - WHISPER mecha will be made of spincast resin. Resin is heated and then injected into the molds, which are spun at a high velocity to fill the molds completely. After cooling, the molds can be separated, and the miniatures removed to begin the process of snipping, partial cleaning, and then bagging for shipping.  PLEASE NOTE:  All WHISPERs will be sent unpainted.  Painted images are just to show you what a WHISPER could look like after being painted.
      What Is A WHISPER? 
      A WHISPER is a mechanized humanoid war machine, approximately 8.5 meters tall, created initially to perform direct actions against hardened targets throughout the galaxy. Piloted by the most elite, the first generation of WHISPERs were created to allow Powers and Dominions to employ their elite special forces teams in fast raids and rapid deployment in response to imminent threats.
      The 27th-century version of the U.S. Navy SEAL, USAF JTAC, Delta Force, Russian Spetsnaz, and British S.A.S., WHISPER teams are never to be underestimated. Forty years after the first generation made planetfall on several rogue corporations seeking to commit a heinous terrorist incident on Earth and Mars, technology has advanced at an exponential rate.
      First- and second-generation WHISPERs are now commonly employed by lesser Powers, while the elite advance into combat in third- and fourth-generation machines.
      The Only Difference is the Head?
      With the initial two poses, yes. The Sokar is a beak-like head with a protective armor cover over its sensors, an imposing sight that I thought reflected a combat-worthy opponent. So, I went back to Egyptian times to find a name worthy of a bird that can pursue and destroy prey.
      High res close-up of the Sokar head in kneeling pose. The Bastet was initially remarked as "Samurai Pizza Cat", or a fox. I can't help but take my friends and supporters at their joke, so, the cat-like Bastet was a perfect name fit.
      3d sculpt example of the Bastet head in kneeling pose. What's Beyond That?
      Stretch Goal #1 - Raptor - $4,500 USD
      A second-generation WHISPER, the Raptor was designed by the Symbiotic Cyber Consortium in its fledgling years on a limited budget and production capacity. Due to these limitations in technology, they could not install cutting-edge full armored cockpits with augmented reality and neural linkage. Instead, the Raptor had to supplement on high visibility cockpits with less armor, with augmented reality displays.
      The end result is a machine perfect for atmospheric combat, but incapable of traversing solar systems. Nevertheless, it is an affordable option for Powers on a budget.
      John Seung's initial concept art of the Raptor.  
      The prototype 3d sculpt created by Marchen Atelier. Stretch Goal #2 - Optional Armaments for Sokar/Bastet - $5,200 USD
      One of the earliest requests was optional arms for the original WHISPER, to allow hobbyists and gamers alike to swap out arms. Most wargamers and hobbyists are familiar with drilling out a small portion of the arm holes and balls to affix magnets inside.
      With this Stretch Goal, anyone can purchase the optional arms as an add-on for $5 USD, though certain high-level pledges will receive one set for free.
      The optional weapons include one holding a Gauss cannon over the standing WHISPER's chest. 
      The second is a missile launcher with arm blade.
      The other option is a pair of battle-damaged arms.
      High-res images of optional WHISPER arms. Stretch Goal #3 - Poseidon - $7,200 USD
      The Poseidon is a second-generation WHISPER designed by the Northern Martian Federation. On the shores of the Federation, the Poseidon acts as a distinct bodyguard, while on exo-planets that are primarily covered in water, it is one of the only WHISPERs that can operate beneath the waves. Thanks to the latest advancements in its hardened armor shell, the most recent versions of the Poseidon can reach depths up to 500 meters without loss of internal pressure.
      The Poseidon was created by Elartwyne Estole, another fantastic artist I discovered on DeviantArt. Elartwyne was kind enough to grant me the ability to license his own old mecha for WHISPER, and I've hired him on for future mecha sketches and layouts, as well as more detailed art, if we can get that far in the future.
      Sketch of the base Poseidon.  
      Finalized 3d sculpt of the Poseidon by Marchen Atelier. Stretch Goal #4 - Tundra - $9,200 USD
      A first-generation WHISPER designed by PAC-NATO to usurp the original Mark II, the Tundra swiftly took off in popularity among other Dominions as a reliable unit. By the time of its fifteenth year in service, however, the Tundra was beginning to be outstripped by second-generation designs. With the Throne Confederacy's Sokar, the Tundra was thought to be an outdated model with no viable use left. However, several lesser Powers were able to modernize and upgrade the WHISPER's sensors and ballistic computers to level it out, and improvements in maintenance areas were made, making after action field repairs far easier. Thus, the Tundra remains on the field of combat as a WHISPER not to be discounted.
      Tundra sketch by Elartwyne.  
      Finalized sculpt of Tundra with regular armament.  
      Stretch Goal #5 - Poseidon Alternate Arms - $9,800
      An alternate set of arms for the Poseidon, removing the Gauss cannon and torpedoes, replacing them with a pair of directed-energy weapons (DEWs, i.e. lasers) in the palms, with elongated claws for close quarters combat. With this Stretch Goal, anyone can purchase the optional arms as an add-on for $5 USD.
      3d sculpt by Marchen Atelier.  
      An example of the Poseidon Beta painted by Mastergunz. With More Stretch Goals to Come, Possibly?
      How Tall Are WHISPER Miniatures?  
      The standing version of the Sokar and Bastet miniature is approximately 47 millimeters tall.  
      I spent awhile going over scale options. Miniature wargames come in all shapes and sizes these days, but for this, I wanted them to be physically imposing enough that when you saw one on the table, you thought, "Okay, that looks like a nasty customer."  
      On final thoughts, I decided to abstract the scale of the game, and simply place WHISPERs in the 10mm range (thus, a 10mm tall infantryman stands at about the height a real human being would to a 8.2-meter-tall WHISPER). However, if you're a wargamer, and you have 6mm, 10mm, or even 15mm miniature infantry, power armor, and tanks lying around, you are free to proxy these into WHISPER for your games. 28mm and 35mm scale wargames can even use the WHISPERs as heavy power armor (or in Infinity's case, mini TAGs) if they so wish.
      The Poseidon WHISPER, Sokar kneeling WHISPER, next to 6mm and 15mm miniature infantry and power armor troopers (note that Knight and Talos are 21mm models, good for heavy power armor). Another reason to go with the 10mm scale was that I had to consider terrain costs. The wargame I'm creating is intended to be played with heavy cover and concealment (think an urban battlefield, like Infinity, or MERCS). This is one of those things that can cost gamers an arm and a leg to purchase, or, if they're crafty, you can make your own. But time is also a factor there, and not everyone has the hours saved to create massive buildings. 10mm offers a wide variety of affordable but impressive options for terrain.
      Side by Side of Bastet and Sokar The Universe, and WHISPER Armament
      WHISPER takes place in the 27th century Anno Domini, and technology has allowed Mankind to spread to roughly 75 different planets (though more are possible, they are usually unchartered colonization and pirate bases, as well as terrorist outposts or "black sites" of the Dominions and Powers of the times). Some are terraformed, some are inhospitable but livable, and others are colonized mostly through Lagrange colonies, ala Mobile Suit Gundam.
      FTL travel is accomplished through hyperspace 'jumps', a capability provided through Tiggs-Dyson eventium generators as an energy source, and hyper-acceleration devices.
      Directed energy weapons (i.e. lasers), are the primary armament of almost every standard military force in the universe. They don't fire the intense cutting beams that are a trope of mecha action. Instead, they create a pulsed high-intensity 'blast' that vaporizes on impact. Another high-power weapon system is the Gauss cannon, which utilizes railgun principles to accelerate a metal sabot to a muzzle velocity exceeding Mach 7.
      How do you dodge something that travels at nearly the speed of light, or a projectile breaking the speed of sound 7 times over? You rely on a limited artificial intelligence matrix and threat-avoidance programming to recognize when a threat emerges, and utilize high-output vernier thrusters and jet packs to juke away from the threat. Plus, you shoot back.
      The Wargame?
      It's being worked on, but it is not the end goal of this Kickstarter. This Kickstarter will focus entirely on the initial WHISPER miniatures line. I've decided to emulate Infinity, Heavy Gear Blitz, and other various wargames and boardgames, in that I'll be focusing on releasing the rules in a free version that you do not have to pay to play.
      However, for those interested I'll be regularly sharing bits and pieces of the universe, and also sharing some of the basics in the Facebook Group for WHISPER:
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/174693989369987/
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/chibi-giants-and-swarms-fantasy-rpg-miniatures/description

New giant, old giants from the first chibi KS re-sized to 40mm (some thought the originals were too big to be bosses in a number of games like SDE/Arcadia Quest etc) and a Trojan Pony

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)