Chris Palmer

Chris's Frostgrave & Ghost Archipelago Terrain Efforts

Wow! I could barely make a dragon's egg with greenstuff! The turkey looks great! Can't wait to see the slippers and turkey painted!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, malefactus said:

SPLENDID WORK! You have a real flair for turkeys.

Thank you, malefactus!   

If a person is going to have a flair for something, it might as well be turkeys, right!? ::D:

12 hours ago, KruleBear said:

That turkey sculpt turned out great. 

Thank you, KruleBear!

It was a real challenge, as ideally it should have been done in two steps; first form the body and let that harden, and then form the drumsticks and wings and apply them one at a time to the hardened carcass.  As it was, I did it all in one sitting so was constantly smashing one part as I tried to affix another! ::P: 

9 hours ago, Pochi said:

Wow! I could barely make a dragon's egg with greenstuff! The turkey looks great! Can't wait to see the slippers and turkey painted!

Thanks, Pochi!

Well, if you can make an egg, you're just about half way there; just smoosh the bottom of the egg flat, pinch the top a little and apply legs and wings! ::):  

I was able to prime the slippers yesterday evening, and then get a base pink coat on them this morning. So they should be done by this afternoon/evening.  It probably won't be warm enough to prime the turkey until at earliest midday, so painting will have to wait until tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

And now this thread made me hungry!

Well done!

Thanks, Glitterwolf!

Hopefully hungry for turkey, and not greenstuff! ::P:

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7

Finished up the last two Christmas Story treasure tokens today, just in time for tomorrows Frostgrave game. (Assuming we don't get snowed out!). 

Here are the bunny slippers and the turkey, which I just finished.  Happy to be one of the few (if not the only) to have used Reaper "Turkey Brown" holiday paint to have painted an actual turkey figure! ::P:

fullsizeoutput_2703.jpeg

And here is the collection of all six shown together. 

fullsizeoutput_2704.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1