Chris Palmer

Chris's Frostgrave & Ghost Archipelago Terrain Efforts

You had me excited for a moment, there... "Urrr? Someone sells 28mm Elsa?" ... and then I realized it was much too big. Makes a fine statue, though!

• Like 1

You had me excited for a moment, there... "Urrr? Someone sells 28mm Elsa?" ... and then I realized it was much too big. Makes a fine statue, though!

Actually Dr Bedlam, someone does make a 28mm Not-Elsa.  Check Brigade Games in their Frostgrave section; under the "Frostgrave Stand-Ins" tab, look for the Young Fire Elementalists  set.  They are exact Anna and Elsa look-alikes.

Also, there is a brand of chocolate covered egg that comes with Frozen toy figures novelties with them.  I got some at local supermarket over Christmas, then found more on Ebay.  Below is a picture of them with their original box, and with a Reaper figure for scale comparison.  Not, pictured, but also available is Olaf and Sven.

24324652221_609b488337.jpgIMG_3211

24111506060_9152bd4bfe.jpgIMG_3212

I also picked up a Funko "Marshmallow" figure (The big snow-monster from the movie) off of eBay to go with them. :)

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 4

Thanks, Chaoswolf.
My wife is visiting a friend today, so I have the day to myself to work on the ships. I'm starting with the smaller ones as a learning and experimenting opportunity before I attack the big model.
Got both small ship halves painted, but have yet to do the winterizing. I should be able to do that this afternoon.
23791319723_80389f730f.jpgIMG_6082

• Like 17

This week I finished up the derelict ships for my Frostgrave Harbor project. I'm pleased with how these came out.

IMG_6108.jpg

IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6118.jpg

I also whipped up a quick hole-in-the-ice, from a piece of fluorescent light cover.  Perfect for pushing your enemies into!

IMG_6096.jpg

• Like 22

Those look great. So far I haven't located anyone within 1+ hour playing. I'd also have to transport all my terrain which I'm leery of with complete strangers. It all adds up to kill my motivation to work on anything.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your situation, lexomatic. You could try going over to The Miniatures Page and putting out a call for gamers in the Toronto area. Are there no gaming stores in your area?

Sure there are gaming stores there but people play other things. I checked a scanned local wargamer meet-up with no luck. I found out about people 1hour away through a facebook group. Still probably easier to try to convince friends.

Anyways back to terrain...

• Like 2

The shipwrecks turned out very nicely, great job!

The hole in the ice is (pardon me) very cool.

• Like 3

Sure there are gaming stores there but people play other things. I checked a scanned local wargamer meet-up with no luck. I found out about people 1hour away through a facebook group. Still probably easier to try to convince friends.

Anyways back to terrain...

You could check with your local LGS, find a good day to bring your absolutely brilliant terrain, and set up a demo - you never know who might go wandering by going, "oooh what are you playing?!" or "OMG FROSTGRAVE!? I WANT TO PLAY!!"

Just cuz, you know, it happens. ;) (I'm not the only one who's done that right? right?!)

Anyway, sorry OT, those boats are one of the best things I've seen omg sooooooo cool!! can't believe I missed this thread. What a great idea and lovely execution as well!

• Like 3

Anyway, sorry OT, those boats are one of the best things I've seen omg sooooooo cool!! can't believe I missed this thread. What a great idea and lovely execution as well!

Thanks for the comments, everybody!  I'm glad you all like the way this is turning out.

I've had some time yesterday to start working on the waterfront itself.  It's going to be 3 feet long, and made up from three 1' sections for ease of storage.  The substructure is pink foam board, and the outer walls are the same cork tiles I've been using to construct my buildings.  For the paved surface I'm using a couple of the cobblestone roads that Walmart sells with their Christmas village accessories.

24494620606_bcbb135333.jpgIMG_6126

24412531102_1c19031559.jpgIMG_6127

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 13

I worked some more on the docks the past two days. Got all four sections built, and base-coated them with black

IMG_6136.jpg

IMG_6141.jpg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 16