Chris Palmer

Chris's Frostgrave & Ghost Archipelago Terrain Efforts

Very nice work! Where are you finding the thick and sturdy cork sheets/tiles? I've tried to find them in California but to no avail - everyone just seems to stock the thin bendy cork sheets, whether at the DIY stores like Home Depot or the craft stores like Hobby Lobby/Michaels. I even tried Staples but no dice.

Edited by Starlight
  • Like 1

I got mine at my local. A.C.Moore. My local Michaels has it too. If you search Amazon for "dark cork tile" you will find a number of brands to choose from.

• Like 2

Aha! Never heard of "dark cork" before, but that did indeed bring up some results on Amazon. Thank you, will order some to try it out right now :)

• Like 1

I finished up the waterfront project this weekend while I was holed up during the blizzard.  Even though I had to cancel the game I had scheduled for Sunday due to the weather, I used the free time to set everything up and take some photos.

IMG_6149.jpg

IMG_6157.jpg

IMG_6158.jpg

IMG_6162.jpg

I'm very pleased with the results.  I'm already thinking of adding a couple more sections, so I have the option to use it o larger 6' wide tables without it looking puny.  I think I might do a ruined warehouse section, and a couple shorter staircase access sections.

I'm not sure if I'm going to work n those immediately, or take a break and work on some more regular building ruins.

• Like 21

That looks SPLENDIDVERY COLD. With just a bit more clutter, you'll have an OUTSTANDING LOOKING gaming board. 

• Like 2

That looks SPLENDIDVERY COLD. With just a bit more clutter, you'll have an OUTSTANDING LOOKING gaming board. 

Thanks!

Yes, I have the clutter; but for taking the pictures I was lazy and didn't unpack everything.  ::P:

• Like 2

Wow.  Super-cool stuff here (he types and then realizes what a bad cold-based pun that was for a Frostgrave scenario...however, bad puns are my favorite kind, so I leave it as my gift to you).

Just seeing the ship on its own, I wasn't sure how you'd incorporate it in any sort of logical way, but it looks outstanding by your excellent pier.  Nice work indeed!

• Like 3

I had this old shrubbery root sitting around the workshop for a long time. And while I always knew I wanted to make some sort of tree out of it, I was never sure exactly how I wanted to put it to use.  Then I recently had the idea to use it a a piece of Frostgrave terrain, inspired by the Tree of the King that grew in Minas Tirith from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

It didn't take long to glue it to a base, build up a little mound around it, and add some gravel, to complete the project.

I can see running a scenario where the tree is the Frostgrave Tree of Magical Wisdom, with a single bloom growing at the very top (sprouted now that the city has started to thaw); and which ever wizard can get the flower gets an extra roll on the treasure tables.

IMG_6211.jpg

I don't think I'll add any winter effects to it so I can still use it in other games. 

• Like 17