Chris Palmer

Chris's Frostgrave & Ghost Archipelago Terrain Efforts

Very nice work! Where are you finding the thick and sturdy cork sheets/tiles? I've tried to find them in California but to no avail - everyone just seems to stock the thin bendy cork sheets, whether at the DIY stores like Home Depot or the craft stores like Hobby Lobby/Michaels. I even tried Staples but no dice.

Edited by Starlight
  • Like 1

I got mine at my local. A.C.Moore. My local Michaels has it too. If you search Amazon for "dark cork tile" you will find a number of brands to choose from.

• Like 2

Aha! Never heard of "dark cork" before, but that did indeed bring up some results on Amazon. Thank you, will order some to try it out right now :)

• Like 1

I finished up the waterfront project this weekend while I was holed up during the blizzard.  Even though I had to cancel the game I had scheduled for Sunday due to the weather, I used the free time to set everything up and take some photos.

IMG_6149.jpg

IMG_6157.jpg

IMG_6158.jpg

IMG_6162.jpg

I'm very pleased with the results.  I'm already thinking of adding a couple more sections, so I have the option to use it o larger 6' wide tables without it looking puny.  I think I might do a ruined warehouse section, and a couple shorter staircase access sections.

I'm not sure if I'm going to work n those immediately, or take a break and work on some more regular building ruins.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

That looks SPLENDIDVERY COLD. With just a bit more clutter, you'll have an OUTSTANDING LOOKING gaming board. 

• Like 2

That looks SPLENDIDVERY COLD. With just a bit more clutter, you'll have an OUTSTANDING LOOKING gaming board. 

Thanks!

Yes, I have the clutter; but for taking the pictures I was lazy and didn't unpack everything.  ::P:

• Like 2

Wow.  Super-cool stuff here (he types and then realizes what a bad cold-based pun that was for a Frostgrave scenario...however, bad puns are my favorite kind, so I leave it as my gift to you).

Just seeing the ship on its own, I wasn't sure how you'd incorporate it in any sort of logical way, but it looks outstanding by your excellent pier.  Nice work indeed!

• Like 3

I had this old shrubbery root sitting around the workshop for a long time. And while I always knew I wanted to make some sort of tree out of it, I was never sure exactly how I wanted to put it to use.  Then I recently had the idea to use it a a piece of Frostgrave terrain, inspired by the Tree of the King that grew in Minas Tirith from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

It didn't take long to glue it to a base, build up a little mound around it, and add some gravel, to complete the project.

I can see running a scenario where the tree is the Frostgrave Tree of Magical Wisdom, with a single bloom growing at the very top (sprouted now that the city has started to thaw); and which ever wizard can get the flower gets an extra roll on the treasure tables.

IMG_6211.jpg

I don't think I'll add any winter effects to it so I can still use it in other games. 

• Like 18

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kodiakbear
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter/description

If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)

• By canuckotter
      @malefactus sent me some old Games Workshop plastic night goblins, and instead of putting them together properly I decided to stick the heads on the bodies of some Frostgrave plastic gnolls.

There's another one but he's badly unbalanced (in more ways than one) and keeps falling over. 
    • By SamuraiJack
      This was originally scheduled to launch a year ago:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/illusionist/taloc-mayan-a-tabletop-rpg-with-miniature-terrain?ref=discovery

About
      Choose your pledge The peoples of the ancient Maya began to polarize, forming two primary factions, the clan Kukul and clan Tezca.  Named the EagleBearers and the Jaguars respectively, their totems and animal familiars gave them untold amounts of power in their death throes against each other.  
      The Below is not immune to the dealings of those in the Above, and as their genocidal struggles continued, a great imbalance was created that must be satisfied before the End of Days.
      The Twin Gods You will choose a side, and work to re-balance the inequities created by this epic conflict.  In doing so you will travel amid rough jungle paths, swim through dripping cenotes, and even traverse the Below yourself in your quest to set things right.... but the days are numbered and the dangers are real.  It's a race against the calendar as you take advantage of the Mayan peculiarities of the day count, their namesakes, and the powers that are granted you as time goes on.
      We are big believers in "Theater of the Mind" roleplaying at the game table.  Our RPGs are designed to support your favorite rules systems (5e, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, Swords & Wizardry, BECMI, Cthulhu and more).  We also feel that miniature terrain adds to the suspension of disbelief that enables quality storytelling.  This is why our books support the AnySystem enhancement where QR codes throughout the book allow you to scan and download the stat blocks and rules of your choice, while you system independent folks can just use the book right as it is!  For an example of the AnySystem at work, you can visit www.DwarvenEpics.com and click on the Delverr's Keep adventure module.
      With custom dice, immersive storytelling, excellent DM props, quality terrain and solid design, we think your roleplaying games using the Taloc: Mayan setting will be a big hit on game night.
      We also enjoy developing game systems that lean toward free range storytelling.  You are welcome to download our Evolve RPG character sheets for the Taloc: Mayan game which have a unique feature where your character starts with 0 for all ability scores and zero skills, feats, or hindrances.  Using the Evolve RPG method of play, you earn your abilities and skills through excellent roleplaying demonstrated to the gamemaster.  As you perform, the GM will reward you with FATE tokens which you can spend to level up your character and earn your abilities and skills.  Try it out and let us know what you think!  We will post a free character sheet with a 2 page quickstart rulebook if you'd like to try it out.
       We are so pleased you would support our Taloc: Mayan campaign so we can deliver the best RPG sourcebooks for the ancient Mayan world.  Who knows what tales will emerge from the sunken cenotes of this jungle covered setting?  This sourcebook is one of many that we hope to deliver over the next few months so please support this first one and we will bring you even more content for this expansive realm.
      First of many planned supplements  Rich illustrations from leading artists will be included in the production of this storyline to deliver the best quality for you RPG group.
      Rich Artwork and Illustrations We have spent a lot of time investing in new creatures, archetypes and characters that you can play in the game.  These are available as 2D minis with stands for this kickstarter but in the future we hope to do so much more with them!  With your support we can.  Here are some of the archetypes we are working into the setting:
       We are pleased to celebrate the wonderful artwork of the inimitable Freddy Lopez who was the inspiration for all of our monsters and character archetypes.  Please support him and buy his prints!
      We are also pleased to have cover artwork by the inestimable Patrick Blaine who really set the tone for the project.  Please support him and his comics at Top Cow and other places where his art is featured.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/studiolevel/the-gardbuk-shrine-wargames-winter-complete-terrai?ref=discovery

About
      The GÅRDBÛK Shrine - it's a mysterious ruin with arcane,  esoteric  history.  Story tells of few beings who have returned from this frozen hell on earth, it seems that the souls of the ancient rulers live within its walls. Each of them must pay the debt to their god GARDBUK for the gift of afterlife, guard the secrets of their Lord's temple from dusk to dawn and kill all daredevils who cross the frozen Bugk river.  Only those whoare foolish enoughor extremely bold toapproach the ruins deliberately, others only when they get lost in this extreme nature ice-bound and snow-covered forest wild.
      Would you dare to learn the secrets of Gardbuk? Will you risk the lives of your soldiers to get to know secrets hidden in the stone cellars of the ruins? Would you fight an epic battle with  ther daredevils who want to find this place , or are you just looking for wargaming winter terrain and frosty scenery?  If the latter is true, The Gardbuk Shrine is definitely for you. 
      Build your dream tabletop game board today with this high resolution, premium printed mousepad gamemat and epic, handcrafted, fully painted StudioLevel terrain system. 

• Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)