Sign in to follow this  
Lidless Eye

Another Cameo By a Reaper Mini

That fig would make for a nice statue thou. Nice find.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      I don’t often do WIP.
      I figured I’d start one.
      I’m still working toward Reign of Winter Adventure Path appropriate models.  Kord has a Viking vibe.

He’s been trimmed, washed, brown-liner primered.  I removed the glued on piece of his wolf pelt to get at other stuff.  I’ll glue it on later, then green stuff and finish painting.

I’m blocking in basecoats now.  Skin and furs so far.
    • By Darcstaar
      Hi everyone.
      Here is a mini I have been working on for several weeks.
      Lately, I am lucky to be able to paint a little every day.
      Unfortunately, it is only for 5-15 minutes at a time.

This figure is part of my growing batch of options for my GM running us through the Pathfinder Adventure Path, Reign of Winter.
      I always thought blue, white, and gold were good colors together.  It is popular in many heraldic devices.

I am most happy with this figure in terms of the following:
      The freehand wood grain of the axe, the outcome of the gold NMM on the belt buckle/hardware in front.
      Also, getting his eyes right in the recesses of his helmet.

What I am least happy with is the runes along the white part of the tabard trim.  The area is too small to work with to really get good darklining around each rune, so they are a little indistinct.  Also, I tried to make each one its own independent polished gold SENMM.  I don't think it turned out too well, because it's just too small an area for each piece.  I tried it on the scabbard as well, which worked a little better.  But, this is the most confusing part of highly polished SENMM:  Do multiple pieces at different heights have their own horizon line?  I painted it as if they do, but am not sure that's realistic...
      Also, the transition of the cow horns on his helmet is a little washed out in the photo, but also very subtle in hand.

Finally, one additional comment.
      I have seen a lot of posts about this figure comparing it to the metal version, and bemoaning a lack of detail in the BONES version.
      I really tried to bring out the life of this BONES model, because I personally feel that the sculpt is great, and the translation to BONES is very good.

So, without further ado, here is my version of Sigurd, Viking, BONES 77399.

Please provide C&C, especially as it pertains to the issues I brought up above.
      Thank you.

• By Lucian523
      Hi all I got these guys finished up about 2-3 weeks ago, and am just now getting to posting them. For Damar I tried to make mine look similar to another mini that someone had painted and posted.
      I changed up some of the smaller details to make mine bit different. For Damiel, I think his leather ended up too dark, for my current group of mini's I'm using a much lighter base color. Should I have made the
      bottles more reflective? The next group of mini's I've done the Zenithal style priming on them, so I'm hoping that the shading ends up being better on them. I'm done priming my mini's in straight black, there's just
      so much undershading that I have to do. Also for the inspiration gallery, does it have a different login than the forums? Thanks!

• By Lidless Eye
      While not really themed, all these minis were left over from my other projects.  I think they'll all find a home in "Tesrora, the City That Can't Be Tamed", the fantasy ganglands campaign I'm working on for this year.

Ametrine Earthlyte, Dwarf Alchemist.  A recent Reaper 25th Anniversary miniature.

A rude Dwarf Thug.  I started on him to go with RPE's "Dwarf Veterans Warband" as a thug.

Converted from the Avatars of War Berserkers, Mantic Dwarf Bear-thing riders, and an old Mordheim club.

I realize I couldn't directly post most of the shots of the Orc Matron per forum rules, so linked to my FB shots instead.

NSFW for mild nudity:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155048547585636&set=a.10155048532455636.1073742008.611515635&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155048547645636&set=a.10155048532455636.1073742008.611515635&type=3&theater

Her brats:

And a family photo (again NSFW)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155048548070636&set=a.10155048532455636.1073742008.611515635&type=3&theater

• By Lidless Eye
      A few of the Fair Folk and their followers.

I was inspired to paint them up by a friend's mini-campaign where everyone played as Forest Gnomes.

Thopas, the Lesser Gnome mascot.  This is the second version of him I've painted, for the DM of the before-mentioned game.

"Lord, I was born a Smambling Mound!  Tryin' to kill adventurers with two attacks per round..."

(minis are actually from the Magic the Gathering board game)

A Pixie Messenger from Stonehaven Miniatures recent "Giants" Kickstarter.

An Evil Fairy from Reaper's familiar packs.

Some sprites or such from "Foundry Miniatures" now under their "Warmonger Miniatures" branch.  They used to come as random extras in the Elf packs.

And I saved the best for last.

Some tasteful gnudes.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)