Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cuig

Sisters of Avelorn colour scheme

5 posts in this topic

I've recently bought a set of Shadow Warriors/Sisters of Avelorn from GW and assembled 5 Sisters. After applying the primer, I've noticed the box only lists recommended paints for the Shadow Warriors (with blue cloaks), but nothing for the Sisters (in green cloaks).

I know colours can basically be "whatever you want", but I'd like to paint them in some recommended colours as I'm still pretty new to minis. I've not managed to find a colour scheme for them anywhere online though - does anyone know where I might be able to find some recommended colours?

Edited by Cuig
1 person likes this

Based on looking at the pics I'd have to recommend the following colors:

Black Green

Jungle Moss

Grass Green

Spring Green

I hope it helps!!

3 people like this

I would recommend the Reaper Warm Browns Triad for the leather, but it depends what paint brand you're using. Citadel Dryad Bark with an Agrax Earthshade wash and a lighter brown for the highlight is another alternative.  Their bows should be a bit difficult, and I suggest you work your way up from a dark blue to a pure white with layering and highlights. I hope this helped!

Also, there's a rule against posting any commercial links on the forums.  

Edited by Lord_Ashenwyte

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll go and have a look at those now. Also, thanks for the heads-up about commercial links; I wasn't aware of that. I've removed it now :)

2 people like this

A quick google search turns up a few picture of them in different paint schemes. None of which, unfortunately, list the exact colors used. Looking at the shadow warriors color scheme, though, they'd look pretty good in those colors so you could probably just use that if you don't want to get too involved in trying to work out your own colors for them.

Edited by Mad Jack
1 person likes this