Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Hey, Scooby! Real live Mystery Machine!

Ha! So awesome! :D

Several years ago, I spotted an A-team van driving around, which was awesome because my siblings and I had recently started watching The A-team. Unfortunately, because I was trying to figure out how to snap a picture of it with my brand-new phone, I bumped into the car in front of me. No damage to either car, most fortunately, due to my bumpers being rubber instead of metal. Taught me a valuable lesson....

Huzzah !

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

That's cool, and kudo's to the dad for doing that!

A friend of mine used to have a 1975 Ford Gran Torino that he painted to to match the one in Starsky and Hutch.

There's one in Redwood City, CA that's made from an older van and actually looks a lot like the one in the cartoon.

There was another one in the same area, some years back, but different van and not as authentic. No idea if it was the same person.

When I was in high school, I made it quite known that the Mystery Machine was my dream car and that when I was an adult, I was totally going to buy a van and paint it appropriately. I never did it. But a few years back, I used to see a Mystery Machine driving around the city and it always made me wonder if my high school friends (who I've long since been out of touch with) saw that van and assumed that it was me driving it around.

• Like 2

There have been a few out here in MA as well.

Our local single A baseball team has a van painted to look like the mystery machine that they drive around the warning track and launch t-shirts and frisbees into the stands.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kharsin
      So I'm branching out from typical miniatures and trying something new. My son has really been into Hotwheels lately, and it turns out that there's an entire Hotwheels Customization culture out there much like the minis we like to paint. I put two and two together and figured why not try it out? So, here's the WIP (some of it at least) of the Fairlady 2000 I'm currently working on. Besides, if it ends up horribly, Hotwheels are only .94 cents at Wally World 

Unfortunately, I got the bright idea to WIP after I was pretty much done painting as much as I'm going to on the first go-round. However, here's the comparison between the Yellow "stock" Datsun and the Orangy one I've painted.

Also, the various components of the build that I've worked on.

Finally, the installing of new axles and Red Rider wheels found on the more "premium" versions of Hotwheels. I may use the donor truck as a future "distressed" diorama if I feel froggy enough. The floorboard is also painted a metal shade as you can kind of see it in the interior if you bother to try to see it. I just finished gluing the axles and wheels in about five minutes ago, so it'll have to sit for a bit to dry. If all goes well, I'll have completed my first custom Hotwheel. I'll be able to zoom across the table in a one of a kind upgrade. WHHHEEEEEEEEE!!!! 

I'll post final pics after everything's dry and fitted. Thank you for checking it out!

-K

P.S.: Thos pics are tiny! I'll post larger ones in the Show Off when it's done. I apologize for the oversight 
    • By Disciple of Sakura
      In my campaign world, I've long had mention of a mythical monster known as Verigana the Tormentor, who is figured prominently in the epic planar war that took place in the misty past. Servant of the goddess of Pain, she slew a champion of the goddess of Mercy. I've had her in mind for quite a while, and often had a winged marilith in mind when I've envisioned her. But, now that I'm running a campaign set during that long-ago time period, I wanted Verigana to appear and be truly intimidating, and a marilith by herself just wouldn't cut it. The idea of her being a Hecatoncheires was very, very attractive. In Pathfinder, those beasties are a bit more than I really wanted, but the idea of a scaled-down version would be nice. However, miniatures of such hundred-handed monsters aren't exactly flooding the market. I decided to get on a famous auction site and search for the term just by itself, and I came across a miniature of Final Fantasy XIII's Hecatoncheires figure. So, I picked one up, got one of Reaper's 77393 Avukavali models, and went to work modifying the creature. I cut off the hands of each of the principle arms, dug through my bits bin and found all the spare goblin arms I had from a box of GW's Warhammer Fantasy figures, and then did a bunch of weapon swaps to put weapons into the left hands. I managed to wear my hands out drilling pins and gluing together, and cut my finger on a new X-Acto blade due to general clumsiness, but overall, I'm pretty satisfied with how she came about after I got her finished. The only nudity in the miniature is from a Reaper mini, but posting rules indicate I should link her instead of posting her. Obviously, this may be NSFW. Enjoy.
      Deviant Art Gallery
      Image 1
      Image 2
      Image 3
      Image 4
      Image 5
      Image 6
      Image 7
      Image 8
      Image 9
    • By JGroeling
      For a painting competition entry I had to find a 20 year old miniature to work with. Digging through my old boxes of minis (mostly Games Workshop) I found a "Kharn the Betrayer" chaos space marine from 96 (I think was the date on his tab). Decided I wanted to give him a fun base, something more than just the general skull pile he's usually on. So, started scratchbuilding a symbol of Khorne for him to stand on, here's two pics of the understructure. (Bottom of the actual base is the black, white cap is just for handling.)

This (although small) is the most involved basing project Ive done to date, and I'm already learning lots on how to do things better, and a lot of what not to do. Anyway, will be updating as I progress further on him. 

- Added some more detailing to the base, and started laying ground for skulls. 

- More skulls and playing around with details on the symbol, have added a removed a few things that didnt turn out how I liked. 

- And some more skulls, also added paper cut of potential plating on the symbol on top right portion. Think I like it and will add to the rest of them for next update (which wont be til next week, as out of town til then.)
    • By ecs05norway
      (Though I've only painted one)

• By Arc 724
      So I did a thing! 

Latching onto other post of similar title - most notable being @Willen's "Homemade Paint Shaker" - I wanted to create one myself. The objective was to be fast, easy and easy to manage while being multi-functional (it can still be used as a jigsaw).

I caught the jigsaw on sale for $10 at Harbor Freight... The Aluminum piece is a sample for some of our material we use here at work. I've seen similar shaped piece at Home Depot. You would have to cut them down and drill the holes for it. I use it cause it was free. The great thing about this is the paint bottle rests against the bolt at the bottom, the Velcro holds it in place horizontally and the rubber band holds it in place vertically. Now I will warn you it is not silent... but well worth it. I did a test on a paint i had not used in over a year: 1-Right out of the bottle, 2-Hand shaken, 3-Jigsaw Shaken. And I can tell you what, that jigsaw shaken bottle was FAR better than I thought it ever was. I mean I really shake them well when i do it with my hands but not nearly as well as that Jigsaw.

Hope this helps someone. Please feel free to ask question or anything. If you have any other homemade paint shaker links feel free to post them in here too so we keep them all connected.  

Removed the hardware (shiny bits) from the jig saw. Using the an allen wrench. Bent the guide rail up and out of the way. It's useless anyway for the jigsaw. I would cut it off if I had the tool. Took Angled aluminum with pre-drilled holes and screw in in place over the existing blade clamp on the jigsaw. ON TOP not under where the blade clamps in. Adhesive Velcro: Cut a length and doubled it over leaving one end ope to stick to the aluminum piece.  Cut Velcro section (opposing side) and stuck to aluminum piece Placed bottle onto new apparatus & used rubber band to secure vertical movement. (rubber band doubles as wire management when not in use)  

• Who's Online   34 Members, 3 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)