Hey all!

It's been a bit since I've been able to paint up anything. I started back to school and between that, the requisite homework accompanying it, and working (as well as trying to make time to see people and sleep somewhere in there) my painting has fallen by the wayside. I've had a little more freetime that I didn't spend doing other things here lately though, and one of the beneficiaries of that was Goldar here.

I (like I'm sure others) envisioned him as a D&D goliath. I considered trying to freehand some tattoos on him, but I was too scared to try it and just left him as-is. Maybe one day I'll make an attempt. Sorry for the less-than-stellar photos here. Did them with my phone under a kitchen light (not the light I paint by -- but close).

• Like 13

Looks good! I think however the white background have made the mini much darker then it actually is hence harder to see details of the mini.

• Like 1

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not sure what else to try. I'm working with a pretty minimal setup, being limited to the camera on my phone. I'm open to suggestions for a better alternative!

• Like 1

Good job, hard to really see the details, but it looks like you do need more highlighting in order to really make it pop.

• Like 1

Perhaps using a darker gray or brown backgorund would help? I am not too good with photos but I use gray resin dungeon tiles to take my pictures. That as well as two table lamps and a samsung galaxy s2.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this