Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

An Open Letter To Reaper, Re: Christmas Figures

LOL!!!!!  I love your stories Doc, that is absolutely hilarious! 

I too wish for a third wiseman, the only reason I haven't bought the parts for the nativity set is the one less wiseman. Looks like I need to invest in Brother Bubba for my own mother. 

• Like 5

In all candor, though, the truth is now required.

1. We are in fact ordering, painting, and gifting the Nativity set to Mama, as it comes out.
2. Berni routinely looks over my shoulder and orders stuff SHE wants when I'm lookin' at the Reaper online store. Pays for it too; the last Halloween order in October was HERS, durnit.

3. My relatives as portrayed in this story are entirely fictional, although they do have a sense of humor. 

4. I do rather wish they'd get that third Wise Man out.

Everything else sprang out of this morning's painting session. Finished one of the Wise Men, and got a basecoat on the other one, and a thought flickered across my head, "Wonder what I'm gonna do for a third Wise Man?"

And the second thought was "Wonder if she'd notice if the third one was Bubba?"

And I snickered, in the privacy of my own head. She'd notice. Still, it was a funny thought. So I took a picture.

And upon looking at the picture, the story began to unspool in my head...

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 15

As I understand, the Nativity was by Sandra Garrity who, for whatever reasons, is not sculpting for Reaper anymore. :down:

The Nativity was the last thing she did for them, according to BookFace. :unsure: While I am curious what happened, not going to pry.

You may want to peruse the store to see if anything would fit.

• Like 2

As I understand, the Nativity was by Sandra Garrity who, for whatever reasons, is not sculpting for Reaper anymore. :down:

The Nativity was the last thing she did for them, according to BookFace. :unsure: While I am curious what happened, not going to pry.

/sad panda 

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I don't even know where to begin to find a replacement set instead now. @_@ 

• Like 1

The Bible, as well as every Christmas special or movie about the life of Christ specifies three wise men. Not one, not four, and not two, excepting that thou shalt then proceed to three, and five is right out. Regrettably, this did not occur to me until the inlaws were already in the house.

Actually, the bible is quite silent on the quantity of Magi. All that is mention is the three gifts they brought.

http://www.gotquestions.org/three-wise-men.html

• Like 4

The Bible, as well as every Christmas special or movie about the life of Christ specifies three wise men. Not one, not four, and not two, excepting that thou shalt then proceed to three, and five is right out. Regrettably, this did not occur to me until the inlaws were already in the house.

Actually, the bible is quite silent on the quantity of Magi. All that is mention is the three gifts they brought.

http://www.gotquestions.org/three-wise-men.html

True but three gifts, meh = three wisemen. :p 

• Like 2

That's a sad thing to hear.

• Like 2

The Nativity was by Sandra Garrity, but the first two Wise Men are by Bobby Jackson and Kevin Williams.

So who knows what's in store for WM#3? (neither confirmed nor denied)

• Like 5

but... She's one of my favs :down:::(::down:::(::down:::(:

• Like 3