TaleSpinner

Trogs WIP

Aww, I think they're cute! :wub: The one that looks like the sketch, without the armor, looks like a tadpole that grew its legs and arms too quickly. :lol: Also, I love the super-active pose of the other one, very cool!

I won't ask you about casting; I shall just secretly hope. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 4

Very Nice.

It looks like you are using a mix of GS and something else, (Apoxie Sculpt?) in certain places, can you tell us why?

I understand it for the teeth and claws, but the 'leaper' seems to have it on the arms, legs, and body as well. 

Is it to make those parts more rigid?

Thanks

George

• Like 1

Very Nice.

It looks like you are using a mix of GS and something else, (Apoxie Sculpt?) in certain places, can you tell us why?

I understand it for the teeth and claws, but the 'leaper' seems to have it on the arms, legs, and body as well. 

Is it to make those parts more rigid?

Thanks

George

The light green areas are a 50:50 mix of Apoxie Sculpt and GS.  I use it here for various purposes.  For the teeth and claws, it is to add rigidity and self-armature-izing nature of the mix.  For the arms and legs, I like a thin coat of it on the wire to make the GS stick really well to the wire and keep the wires from flexing as I work on them (GS works for this too, but I had this mixed from another project).  The area behind the lower jaw on the leaping trog is to create the armature/underpinning that will allow me to sculpt the mouth.  The rest is just filler as I had extra from other projects and used it to bulk up these guys; they've been catching putty from other projects for almost two years now.  :rolleyes:

• Like 6

Thick skin, think Indian Rhino.

Actually, my first thought when I looked at them was "Landshark", lol ::D:  (It's the face on the non-leaping one...) They're not going to have fins on their backs, are they?

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1