TaleSpinner

Trogs WIP

Really Nice!

So when do we see the Talespinner Inc Kickstarter????*

George

*not being sarcastic, just not sure what color is used when you are teasing someone!

A- Great drawing!!! Love it.

B- This is inspirational, now i want to build / paint a swarm of creatures that are crawling over each other to reach the prey / enemy.. Maybe I can pull that off with my lizards,

• Like 1

SoonTM 

I did finish Smiley; it is based and sitting on my shelf at home.  Been working on Hugs's feet when I have extra putty/time on my other projects.

• Like 4

Just clicked on this for the first time.

So now I also want to know the status on your dire tadpoles.

• Like 3

Wow, I just realized that I never posted finished pictures.  I went to get the final pictures and realized that I never TOOK final pictures. Oops.  I was unable to find a home for these little guys; too weird.  The original sculpts have been mostly destroyed now, as I have molded them and am casting copies of them in my foundry.  You'll have to wait for the casts to be done to see the final pictures.  Here are the photos of me molding Hugs, making wax copies, and preparing 5 copies to be invested and cast tomorrow:

1.jpg.f7350a497e3b0ae454dd1d19fc738117.jpg

You'll note that I had to remove it's arms for the mold.

3.jpg.de57c45b29af2cf7bd95ac67198bdedc.jpg

The base:

2.jpg.a5ff98e8422f7a349644cad3b782e3c0.jpg

Arms:

4.jpg.e664550d368e8a7bff39e46898118b48.jpg5.jpg.7772292aa2c3950eae80eb5534518786.jpg

Copies ready to be put on the wax tree:

6.jpg.ec08682adcf67aed5bb55fb1d417e234.jpg

The tree, ready for investing:

7.jpg.cf7bcfb541bcc69818e6ad59bfe946cb.jpg

I've already cast Smiley in wax, but have just not yet put it on a tree.  I don't like Smiley as much as hugs, so I haven't been in a big hurry on that one.  I'm casting Hugs now because I need a copy for ReaperCon.

Andy

• Like 11

So I ended up not casting them today.  I've been having a lot of problems with the investment cracking during pours and making thin sheets of flash.  I did some research and it sounds like I am putting too many models too close together.  I'm going to break the tree down and cast just 4 models so I can space them out more.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

So I ended up not casting them today.  I've been having a lot of problems with the investment cracking during pours and making thin sheets of flash.  I did some research and it sounds like I am putting too many models too close together.  I'm going to break the tree down and cast just 4 models so I can space them out more.

Interesting, so now you know and knowing is half the battle!

Glad you got it figured out. ::D:

• Like 1