evilcoatrack

Custom 3D Printed Dwarf Paladin

Cool figure, you've done a fine job of painting him!

The freehand on his shield is very impressive; bravo!

What material did you use? I have heard some of the materials are as brittle as dried spaghetti. Also, can we get a side by side of some reapers and heroforge?

Edited by jdizzy001

Stuff like PLA isn't all that brittle, really. It's not as flexible as ABS, but unless you really abuse it it won't break easily. 

That is assuming that the printer that was used is correctly set up. Print at too low temperature and all bets are off...

(A lot of the bad rep 3D printed objects have gotten is from poorly handled temperatures in the early days)

I'm printing DragonLock terrain pieces (2x2" modules by Fat Dragon Games), and I print mine with 0.8mm thick sidewalls, 0.5mm top and bottom and no internal support structures. I'm pretty certain it will hold up what most gamers will expose them to of abuse.

post-14703-0-30401000-1450630054_thumb.jpg

I just give the stuff a coating of Vallejo gray primer before adding the acrylics paints.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kharsin
      So I'm branching out from typical miniatures and trying something new. My son has really been into Hotwheels lately, and it turns out that there's an entire Hotwheels Customization culture out there much like the minis we like to paint. I put two and two together and figured why not try it out? So, here's the WIP (some of it at least) of the Fairlady 2000 I'm currently working on. Besides, if it ends up horribly, Hotwheels are only .94 cents at Wally World 

Unfortunately, I got the bright idea to WIP after I was pretty much done painting as much as I'm going to on the first go-round. However, here's the comparison between the Yellow "stock" Datsun and the Orangy one I've painted.

Also, the various components of the build that I've worked on.

Finally, the installing of new axles and Red Rider wheels found on the more "premium" versions of Hotwheels. I may use the donor truck as a future "distressed" diorama if I feel froggy enough. The floorboard is also painted a metal shade as you can kind of see it in the interior if you bother to try to see it. I just finished gluing the axles and wheels in about five minutes ago, so it'll have to sit for a bit to dry. If all goes well, I'll have completed my first custom Hotwheel. I'll be able to zoom across the table in a one of a kind upgrade. WHHHEEEEEEEEE!!!! 

I'll post final pics after everything's dry and fitted. Thank you for checking it out!

-K

P.S.: Thos pics are tiny! I'll post larger ones in the Show Off when it's done. I apologize for the oversight 
    • By jonaas33
      This was a super fun fig to paint!  I'm not really happy with the eyes, and I think I might go back and add a black eye or a bruise at some point.  I think that would add some character, as well as cover up the mediocre job.  Otherwise, I am really happy with the rest of him.  Comments and critiques are welcome as always, thanks in advance!

• By SGHawkins09
      Here are the pictures of the Grudge all finished. While there were times that I hated how things looked, in the end I am extremely happy with how he turned out.

WIP: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81903-the-grudge-30014/

• By xandizzle
      Hey guys, I'm back with a second mini to show off.  My dad recently decided to join the campaign that I DM for my college friends, (he has never played a tabletop game before), and he decided to play a Duergar Death Cleric.  My LGS still had a few of the 25th Anniversary Dain Deepaxes, and it's the perfect mini for him.  Had a little trouble pinning the arms, but very happy overall.  Anyway, say hello to Ulfgar Fireforge, Cleric of Laduguer!

• By jonaas33
      I got a ton of painting in this weekend, and was most happy with this little dwarven lady.  She was a lot of fun to paint, and had lots of cool little details on her.  I might go back and do something extra to her ax some day, but for now I'm happy with how she turned out. Comments and critiques are welcome!  Thanks in advance!

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)