Hi!  One of my buddies sent me this link.  I want to enter but I have only played home campaigns of pathfinder, so sadly, I may not be able to... unless anyone has a character they want me to try to paint.. ::D:

Pathfinder Society Contest Link

The theme this time is a hand-painted Pathfinder Society mini. Whether a favorite player character or a beloved NPC, as long as it is from the Pathfinder Society and your creation it counts.

The prize? Gift certificates to paizo.com! First place will win $25 and three runners up will get $15 each.

The crunchy bits for entering:

• You may only enter once
  • Entries must be submitted to contest@paizo.com
  • Include a photo of your mini and a name for the character portrayed (NOTE: Photos may be resized or cropped to better show off the mini for voting. We suggest trying to send the biggest possible resolution to retain details for resizing. Any image format is acceptable!)
  • Include your paizo.com username

Entries will be accepted until 12:00 PM Pacific time on January 11, 2016. Voting will open on January 18, 2016 and continue until February 1.

Have fun and paint away.

PS... someone tell Derek... :poke:

• Like 6

Might do it as I know several PFS NPCs. You could go for one of those as well Corporea. I can likely dig up a few NPC descriptions for you and I know some APs have been approved for PFS so you could dig into their NPCs as well

• Like 1

Interesting. 

I do have minis painted (or, in some cases, half painted) for PFS characters. I might take a picture and enter one.

We'll see how far I get with the painting.

...although the option to get Corporea to paint one for me is pretty tempting. ::D:

• Like 2

my buddy said he'd send me some descriptions as well.  I'll do something for sure, since I'm on call Christmas and can't go anywhere!  thanks!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Phoenix Rising
      This is my first to-completion detailed mini outside of the three LTP-2 figures. I'm looking to start a Rise of the Runelords game and needed a warchanter figure; this one from Reaper is wonderful in its detail and goblinesque insanity. Unfortunately, I think the molds are a little off-kilter on the Bones version; there are several spots on the figure where one side butts up against a flat spot from the other half of the mold - you can even see one of them in the Reaper website image.

I found myself departing from the LTP painting order and starting with "inner" areas like eyes and mouth as well as isolated details like the whip and blades. Skin and leather were left until late, with details on top of those the last. Don't know if this is a good thing or not, but I felt more sure in painting up to those areas rather than filling them in and inevitably splattering over multi-layered skin tones.

Thanks to the folks at CMPA for the painting tips as I'm learning. Wish I could have been to the holiday party; finished this ravaging beauty as compensation.

• By Maglok
      A friend of mine asked me to paint his Karzoug for:

So I have been going at it. While I have already done quite a bit, I still figured lets make it a WIP.

Session 1

Session 2

Session 3

I am not quite happy with a lot of details yet, but he is starting to smell like 'high level wizard'. :)
    • By eldamir
      I'm a bit of a glutton for punishment, so have managed to talk myself into another rainbow dragon... Since I have ol' Pathfinder Red sitting in the Drawer of Doom and no real plans for him, I thought I'd randomize him (not that I don't have enough other projects that haven't been finished (or even started))..
      So, here goes:
      3 Star challenge on Pathfinder Red (#89001)
      Primary : Blush Pink (although I might substitute in Breast Cancer Pink since I have 3 bottles of that from last month!)
      Secondary: Brilliant Green (needs to  be ordered or fetched from the FLGS - I have Forest Green but that's too dark to match, i think)
      Tertiary: Heather Blue (do not have this, but do have a Sample bottle from a past order that is very close and will be used in its place.. 

I smidged some paint on a sheet of paper for comparison and have decided that Blush Pink is much brighter than BCPink, so I'll probably use the Blush (unless I decide to go thematic again and donate this fellow to a survivor since I know a few).  Also, Forest Green is indeed way too dark to substitute in for Brilliant Green..

Here he is in all his boxed plasticky glory!

• By Citrine
      Balazar, the gnome summoner (Reaper 89023) was fun to paint.  That mould line running down the side of his hat thing was not that visible when I painted him.  Oh well, another one done, yay!

• By dks
      I've been on a painting tear since ReaperCon.  Here's one from last week. 
      Pathfinder's "Iron Gods" Adventure Path crosses over into science fiction, including robots and androids, such as the android priestess Meyanda.
      Wayne Reynolds painted the cover of the Adventure Path where Meyanda appears: click for link.
      Bobby Jackson sculpted the character.  I like what he did with this delicate sculpt.

I decided to give her a sci-fi-styled base, not my usual rock/grass/leaf palette. 
      I started with a piece of plasticard shaped like square floor-tiles, gouged out some scratches, and added some debris (a robotic "piston" of two brass rods, a "cable" of brass wire, and a few chunks of rubble that I carved from the plasticard).

Enjoy,
      Derek

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)