misterc

The Walking Dead: All Out War

Its very much about groups of survivors battling it out over limited resources, the walkers are treated as a hazard rather than a player option.  

Viable tactics include attracting the walkers to your opponents.

• Like 2

I don't think it could be compared it with Mars Attacks, because it was a board game. A skirmish miniature game is a completely different niveau, like Warlord made from Reaper Miniatures or Mortheim.

Aside from squares instead of inches, MA was very much a skirmish miniature game. It had LOS, terrain, armies, and other traits of skirmish miniatures game (although boardgames like Descent do as well). MA sure doesn't have the cubes, resource mechanics, and card hands like many boardgames do.

BUT I'm talking about the target audience, not really the mechanics. Unlike Dreadball and Dungeon Saga, MA and TWD both are licensed games. So, presumably, they would attracted an audience interested in the license, namely a more casual gamer than, say, Dreadball, Deadzone, or Kings of War. If boardgamers don't like assembled miniatures or painting miniatures, and don't mind softer plastic, I'd presume these more casual gamers won't, either. 

Edited by ced1106

The Mantic blog has some pictures of what is presumably the game on the short video.

Also some of the minis.  I can't tell what they are made of, but Coral (sorry Carl) looks good.

• Like 1

The Mantic blog has some pictures of what is presumably the game on the short video.

Also some of the minis.  I can't tell what they are made of, but Coral (sorry Carl) looks good.

I can't see any images, and the video is too bad quality to make anything out.....is there another video?

Yeah. Bell of Lost Souls has a video.

DaveC summarized the KS:

Set amount of stuff to fund once funded that's it regardless of how long the KS has left to run. 
Ronnie mentions that if they do fund everything it will be their biggest KS so they have planned beyond $1.2 million then. 
Base pledge $100 - $125 
1 pledge level only all in no add ons to prevent packing mistakes. 
Retail starter box £35/$50. 
Papermat and card terrain in box. KS may fund 3D terrain. 
Retail blisters $12.50/$20 - 1 Hero, 1 secondary hero, 1 unique zombie, character and equipment cards 
A few unique heroes will be retail only - not available in KS 
120 sculpts in the product range. Sculpts are bulkier and a bit bigger than Mars Attacks and DS

I love the Walking Dead but, from my experiences with their other projects, I will not be backing this one.  Their fulfillment system is too accident prone and, when mistakes happen, they aren't quick to either respond or resolve.  At this point, I will just wait to see if it comes to stores if the product is any good.

• Like 3

We'll see if Mantic really sticks to this, but there ya go.

Edited by ced1106

We'll see if Mantic really sticks to this, but there ya go.

To save themselves the headaches and criticisms from their past kickstarters, I sure hope they do.

Yep, still waiting for the rest of my Dungeon Saga stuff.  All they sent me was the basic game and none of the add ons.  I'm a little concerned on their communication as well as their "oh well" attitude.

• Like 1

I'm going to sit out of the kickstarter. After going through my dungeon saga boxes, I'm not a fan of how they handle last minute changes. Sad face.

They have looked long and hard at how their kickstarters have been delivered, and made substantial changes especially regarding add-ons (details in the latest newsletter).  Hopefully this will help this Kickstarter run smoothly.

Edited by misterc

The only pledge is going to be $125 (although I think there are probably going to be early birds)

If the thing blows up there may be 2-3 add ons to get too, but basically it's going to be a one and done style thing (to aid them getting things right in the warehouse)