Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pingo

Malifaux Whiskey Golem, WYR20603, by Pingo

26 posts in this topic

Love it!  I remember following the WIP for a while.  Well worth the wait.  Great job!

1 person likes this

so well done!   The whole copper treatment is so realistic that I would swear you actually molded copper to it and let it age!

This is definitely one mini you need to enter at ReaperCon if you attend.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

1 person likes this

That's an incredibly cool figure, Pingo. I love the way you painted it; fantastic job!

1 person likes this

Now I want one.

1 person likes this

Love him =D he's gorgeous!

Also, very happy I already have him so I don't want him again LOL you made him look really really good

1 person likes this

well done.  that is such a great sculpt and paint job.

1 person likes this

Forum member annexation has painted a beautiful, smooth version of the Nightmare Whiskey Golem (like this one but a little bigger and covered with goblins).

2 people like this

I'm sure he's deadly as sin, but he's just so darned cute!

1 person likes this

*Sigh*

You had to remind me of this one, didn't you.

You're almost as bad as the other enablers here...

(Just ordered one. )

1 person likes this

The patina on that is what makes it.  It's a beautiful paint job but the aging of the bronze bits just takes it to another level.  It comes alive.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thrym
      I bought the Steampunk Wizard of Oz set for my daughter out of the Bones 3 KS.

Naturally, I am doing it last minute for her birthday Tuesday, the 18th.

So, here's the plan:

A.
      Assemble them all on unfinished but sealed silver maple wood cuts using usual building materials.

B.
      Basecoat them with simple but muted colors.

C.
      Apply Sepia Wash and paint as needed to simulate a "colorized movie" look.

Here's what we got so far:

Dorothy and Toto on a Compass Rose beginning their adventure.  The witch commanding her monkey.

Dorothy glued in and brick road applied.

Lion and brick road applied.

Enjoy and stay tuned.  More to come.

• By Pingo
      So I was at the World Model Expo in Chicago last weekend, meeting Corporea and a whole bunch of Reaperites and ogling some of the finest miniatures painting and dioramas the world has to offer (the PA system requested fluent translators at a number of points).

I took some pictures. Normally I've been putting up galleries on Photobucket, but they turned evil quite recently, so I'm attempting to put some up here to share.

Anyhow, much of the show was historical miniatures, a category pretty new to me, and almost everything was much larger scale than the 28mm I'm used to. 

As for the vendors, I regret to say that while for the larger figures the men were young, old, noble, peasant, ugly, handsome, heroic, villainous, commonplace, extraordinary, leaders, followers, white, black, Asian, Elvish, Orcish, cowboys, Vikings, soldiers, and fops; there were far fewer women figures and they were overwhelmingly pin-ups.

Not that I have anything against pin-ups, per se.  I just prefer painting other things.

I did pick up one very nice 54mm armored woman to give a try, only to discover Kuro Cleanbrush had done the same with the same model months ago. Good taste, Kuro!

( @Liverpuncher also put up a thread for his World Expo photos here.)

Here's a couple of @Wren's pieces, including my own rough approximation of 3D photography: cross your eyes and it's 3-D!

• By Pingo
      I speed-painted these over two afternoons to be a party of NPC adventurers for an eclectic mash-up of Exalted and the World of Darkness.  They are 77322, Kassandra of the Blade (sculpted by Werner Klocke); 77405, Aeris, Female Elf Ranger (sculpted by Julie Guthrie); as-yet unnumbered Mythos figures based on 50032: Jake Ryan, Hero Explorer (sculpted by Bobby Jackson) and the Victorian Lord from the set 50326: Victorian Lord & Dame (sculpted by Bob Ridolfi); and 77409, Flara, Elf Heroine (sculpted by Werner Klocke).

WIP thread here.

• By Pingo
      My GM needed a party of NPCs fast for a game of Exalted set in the World of Darkness (think fantasy characters popping up in a modern day world, more or less).

There was no time to order anything, but we had the handy new Bones III core and Mythos sets.

These are the Bones minis 77322, Kassandra of the Blade (sculpted by Werner Klocke); 77405, Aeris, Female Elf Ranger (sculpted by Julie Guthrie); as-yet unnumbered Mythos figures based on 50032: Jake Ryan, Hero Explorer (sculpted by Bobby Jackson) and the Victorian Lord from the set 50326: Victorian Lord & Dame (sculpted by Bob Ridolfi); and as a free bonus 77409, Flara, Elf Heroine (sculpted by Werner Klocke), who was simply a "Vale Swordsman Elf Grunt" in metal (she was the first character picked for the one represented by Kassandra of the Blade, and I painted her up anyway as an extra and useful figure).

I painted these really fast -- for me -- in two afternoons, one to prime and paint faces and one to paint the rest of them.  It's not quite my one-hour robot speed paint, but for me it was super fast and the results are more tabletop-quality than my usual run.

First I washed and primed all the Bones with Reaper's Brown Liner.  I did not clean flash up as much as normal owing to the tight deadline.

Skin work, using simple mixes of earth pigments plus white: Burnt Umber (for the darker skin tones), Burnt Sienna (for the pinker, lighter skin tones), Red Iron Oxide (for really pink skin) ,and Yellow Ochre plus Titanium White. Hair was laid in with the same palette plus Carbon Black.

Rough shading with ruddy Burnt Sienna-Titanium White shadows and greyer Burnt Umber-Titanium White shadows.

This character, a former Fae, has dramatic blue-streaked hair.  This is a classic mix of Phthalocyanine Blue and enough Titanium White to make it opaque.

• By Arbiter10
      Some pics of my recently completed iron golem.

• Who's Online   46 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)