just wondering if there were any colours associated with the different armies, worlds and such? Like terrans tend to have X and Y and such. Or does everyone pretty much just make up their own? I scanned through the PDF regarding the background/rules and didn't see anything that looked helpful.

I'm pretty sure I remember it mentioned that in the fluff, all units have adaptive camouflage, so they can just switch paintjobs of the fly to suit different environment.  That mean they can be in Garrison colors one moment and set up for arctic ops the next.  So feel free to paint what you want.

• Like 1

Ahhh ok cool! well I usually like to start from fluff, it gives me something to work with, and now with the awesome power of creativity I shall be paralized by the choices :P ok not really, I did a Starhawk in a green scheme, wth some yellow highlighting so I'll start there =D

thanks guys!

• Like 2

When I painted my ACE reward from the Kickstarter, I wondered the same thing and spent a lot of time hunting the internet for photos of painted CAV's. "Whatever floats your boat" seemed to be the answer. I made some up, used a few Battletech schemes as inspiration, etc.

• Like 1

Yeah, CAV is very relaxed about that sort of thing. Now if you really want something 'official', there are a handful of schemes seen in the game art; though they're mostly associated with a particular manufacturer's marketing rather than a faction (e.g. blue-and-silver Borsig-Spline, or green-and-purple MK4).

• Like 1

There are parade colors.  But for in-field use, most CAV use the nano-adaptive camouflage.  Except the Rach.  They like bold reds and yellow.  Hiding is for cowards.  The Rach want you to see them coming as they tear through your ranks leaving nothing but smoking piles of slag in their wake.

• Like 10

There are parade colors.  But for in-field use, most CAV use the nano-adaptive camouflage.  Except the Rach.  They like bold reds and yellow.  Hiding is for cowards.  The Rach want you to see them coming as they tear through your ranks leaving nothing but smoking piles of slag in their wake.

This is correct

• Like 3

Lol

• Like 1

QFT

• Like 3

Ahhh ok cool! well I usually like to start from fluff, it gives me something to work with, and now with the awesome power of creativity I shall be paralized by the choices :P ok not really, I did a Starhawk in a green scheme, wth some yellow highlighting so I'll start there =D

thanks guys!

-- Several paint schemes for unique units were included in the new CAV:SO rule-book. The new JoR will have a lot more as it will also be all color and feature a lot more unit history.

• Like 1