Jasper_the_2nd

Jasper's MERCS:Recon WIP

134 posts in this topic

Apparently yesterday afternoon got busy too....

So yesterday I tackled all the leather bits.  Base coat plus a wash. The Shock's enhanced combat suit thingy doesn't have any pouches or plates, so she got the the day off.

kemvar_3_with_leather_front.jpg.4c78814c0404aa917d12390e38bca335.jpgkemvar_3_with_leather_back.jpg.a848590b898dd70b44aba38ed37e5b73.jpg

Spy, Heavy, Assassin

kemvar_other_3_with_leather_front.thumb.jpg.9ae33b373aaf274b99af7ee3133cc365.jpgkemvar_other_3_with_leather_back.jpg.a98c8f257cdadb642bfb5f24c52c6906.jpg

Monkeywrench, Sniper, Engineer

Today I'll put some highlights on the leather and maybe finish the black and do the metals, or start on the light grey plates and such.  See how it goes...

4 people like this

Leather highlighted.  Everything black or metal base coated in black. Well, except for the Shock....

kemvar_3_with_leather_highlights.jpg.16c8b5b064d2d099781b4563b53372e7.jpg

kemvar_other_3_with_leather_highlights.jpg.84793945d187b977b4bb2ad64cafa7f9.jpg

3 people like this

Awesome squad!

1 person likes this

Looks very unlikely I'm going to get these finished this week (unless my boss so how gives me a painting day tomorrow, but I can't see that happening) so they're going to have to get finished at home this weekend to make my quota for the rpchallenge.

But I still have today and tomorrow to try to get close.

Today was metals and a first coat of black on the Shock's base, which I'd missed earlier.

kemvar_3_with_metals.jpg.ee9229ac23fdf32868990bca0f940098.jpg

Assassin, Heavy, Spy

kemvar_other_3_with_metals.jpg.7b795b58b3614e41c789689d321eecc0.jpg

Monkeywrench, Sniper, Engineer

kemvar_shock_with_metals_front.jpg.25a04146380674af5a6bff3ab017db35.jpgkemvar_shock_with_metals_back.jpg.65574bac644f43d6b1a1aeb41eff51da.jpg

And back to the Shock.

Tomorrow I'll start on the grey plates, but likely won't even get them all based in one hour.

To do: Rainy Grey parts: plates, backpacks, parts of the face, etc.

Eye lenses, electro knife, any other glowy bits

Sniper's hair

Touch ups

Finish bases.

4 people like this

Managed to get a first coat of grey on 5 of them (more or less, I noticed I missed the shoulder insignia bits on the last two).

kemvar_3_with_grey_first_coat.jpg.55da8cc1277d20d4c5998ca24fca6ac9.jpg

kemvar_other_2_with_grey_first_coat.jpg.81b9eab85b95b86a3060cdb397b255f2.jpg

They are packed and ready go home to get finished this weekend.

6 people like this

AARROOOO!!!!!

Good progress so far.

kemvar_3_with_eyes.jpg.db74c7f90e81ec4c2ce567da50c5b86b.jpg

kemvar_4_with_eyes.jpg.704a35c85960ecca58564869bf2666db.jpg

Grey parts all have a good coat and lines and such are done.  They just need a bit of highlighting.

Lenses are done (possibly a bit of cleanup around them when I break out the metals).  Attempt at glowy knife is done.

Forgot to do blue glowy on the power gloves for the Shock.

And then touchups and finishing up the bases.

6 people like this

Very good!

Kemvar off to show off.  Next up I'll be priming some Keizai Waza.

1 person likes this

So, as I continue to drift towards senility, it seems I've already primed 6 of the Keizai Waza....and still had one to assemble.

So lunch became me priming one, and assembling one. And watching some World Superbikes while doing so.

Keizai_Waza_booster_primed.jpg.18faa6773493bb385afc035b71662e64.jpg

Here's the Booster, primed.  The colour scheme with be a black bodysuit with some grey features, some leather pouches, and bright orange armor. Here's the official art.

5123f6fb9ac18f227f830c628b8a167b_origina

Keizai_Waza_demo_assembled.jpg.57f008ec67dbe9c6a1002c1af720176c.jpg

And here's the Demo, who needs to go home for a bath now.

5 people like this

Spent most of lunch picking out spells for my wizards, since it looks like we will actually play a game or two of Frostgrave next week.

But did take a few minutes to slap some primer on the Keizai Waza Demo.

Keizai_Waza_demo_primed.jpg.dcf0b0dc48f29432b35f2f85aa37e82f.jpg

2 people like this

Just before I take a week off work, so won't be working on MERCS, I figured I'd play around with the Keizai Waza colour scheme.

I picked the Wrench as he's fairly "standard" looking with no strange an unique items on him (no acid bombs, no tactical nukes, nothin).

I did a quick base coat of the bodysuit, the leather pouches and the metal bits, so I could get to the armour and see if the oranges I'd picked worked ok.  I base coated the bottom half and then worked up through on the right leg to see how it looks.

Keizai_Waza_wrench_colour_test_leg.jpg.881493f4bcc1c28c6568d1a2bb03e717.jpg

Keizai_Waza_wrench_colour_test_front.jpg.b38d0ae95571926096bb32c0a63f0ee7.jpgKeizai_Waza_wrench_colour_test_back.jpg.01d0b4ddd0c00e1a303e042989a504a0.jpg

I think it needs a little highlighting but looks alright....

Thoughts?

3 people like this

I like it.

A little more highlights will enhance the look, but it is already good!

1 person likes this

I agree that just a little bit of highlighting would really make it pop, but it looks decent as it is now too. 

Great-looking squad you're building! :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

1 person likes this