Guildenstern

Currently madly trying to finish Orkz

Just thought I'd update this with my Reaper figures - kind of an inventory, only in visual format. Here's seeing what I can get done this year!

TNInv2016b.jpg

TNInv2016c.jpg

not a whole lot of Reaper stuff, most of my collection is GW/Wyrd/other. Most of the bones on the right of the second picture are orcs, goblins, a couple giants, and familars for our RPGing enterprises. I'm *trying* to get a good bunch of monsters togehter to use in our campaigns but I just haven't been motivated to paint many yet.

• Like 12

Working on my Betrayal at Calth box a bit more this weekend!

also, while I always say I am a messy basecoater, I think I've really outdone myself this time - I accidentally dropped the flow aid bottle into the paint >< so I added more paint, but yeah apparently you *can* add too much flow aid LOL I'm working on their colour scheme atm, they're usually white and black, but I hate white, so I'm going to do a more light grey instead (cheating). Which bits will be which, that's the part I'm trying to figure out now.

post-14692-0-64000000-1455495530_thumb.jpg

post-14692-0-13128200-1455495537.jpg

post-14692-0-48631400-1455495541_thumb.jpg

post-14692-0-98800000-1455495545_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Lookin good!

I haven't accidentally dumped flo aid into my paints before but I can imagine that would be bad. I have however, dumped 2 entire jars of Citadel agrax earthshade onto the floor, and dropped a finished figure into my rinse water. I feel your pain, my friend.

• Like 2

Lookin good!

I haven't accidentally dumped flo aid into my paints before but I can imagine that would be bad. I have however, dumped 2 entire jars of Citadel agrax earthshade onto the floor, and dropped a finished figure into my rinse water. I feel your pain, my friend.

yes! I have unfortunately done that as well =/ Although the worst incident was knocking it over onto the desk where I was working (with yes many unfinished minis about sigh). Or it might be when I knocked over the plastic glue, all over minis I was working on. Ugh I'm a klutz!

• Like 1

Slightly bad phone pic as I didn't feel like breaking out the lightbox and camera (since I'd have to clean my desk first :P) Also I'm holding it at a bit of a weird angle, sorry

He's almost done - weapons are just basecoated, the black needs its edge highlight and I'm probably doing white edge highlights on the grey plates. I may also go back and do some more pin washes.

The colours used thus far are medium grey, rainy grey, weathered stone, with the black being just whatever black I have handy (forget tbh which brand it is)

post-14692-0-48617000-1455998908.jpg

• Like 8

One pic just for reference (I did finish the guy above ^)

And my other urban bases! I put the final touches on them tonight. Quite pleased with them honestly, I had a lot of fun making them and they were dead easy.

post-14692-0-10491100-1456199790.jpg

post-14692-0-52309100-1456199798_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

some WIP on the first squad:

post-14692-0-15121700-1457955868_thumb.jpg

And some work on my Spring Exchange mini (spoilered so my recipient doesn't have to see it unless they really wish!)

post-14692-0-73871000-1457955908_thumb.jpg

basecoat, washes; wolf is supposed to be a timber wolf, not 100% happy yet, but details like face still to be done

• Like 10

Some WIP pics of my Wyrd Iron Painter entry, almost done I think, I'm just leaving it a bit to see what jumps out at me as needing touchup etc

post-14692-0-70788400-1458934494_thumb.jpg

post-14692-0-93413500-1458934498_thumb.jpg

post-14692-0-35870900-1458934502_thumb.jpg

post-14692-0-63557400-1458934507_thumb.jpg

post-14692-0-76112100-1458934510_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

more bad pictures of Betrayal at Calth :P this is my chaplain, he's almost done, just needs some touch ups and some rivets and eyes finished.

LWChaplain5.jpg
LWChaplain6.jpg
LWChaplain7.jpg
LWChaplain8.jpg

• Like 8

How did you make your urban bases?

Old bits of sprue and other odds and ends, small rocks, sand and a variety of rocks went into the "rubble" paste (glue + paint + "rubble"). A little bit of cork, not a ton. Craft black paint plus water for a wash, then several drybrushings, also a brown craft paint wash. I painted a lot of the sprue as metal. Oh and a few pieces I put in paperclip bits in as "rebar" as well as a little old window screen painted to look metallic as well.

I always keep odds and ends on hand to make rubble paste with and for projects like this ^_^ Some of the sprue in there is metal, which made it fun as I could bend it and shape it differently than the plastic sprue.

They're really easy and fun bases to make!

*edit* I forgot two things lol - craft punch in rectangle + craftfoam = bricks and the other thing I added was some plasticard bits, textured up to try to make them look like sheetmetal or other pieces of metal

Edited by Guildenstern
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now