Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I've been playing D&D for over a decade now, and while there are a lot of great terrain solutions for dungeon crawls, I always felt there wasn't a great option when it came to generic random encounters, like setting up camp for the night.
As a player, and a DM these random encounters often lacked meaning because they didn't have the same customization as encounters core to the campaign. So I decided to come up with a solution that was simple for a DM, and that made the encounter more meaningful for the player.
I made a 36” by 24” iron rubber base on which you can layer smaller magnetic terrain. For a DM It takes second to throw some trees, rocks, and other terrain down to make the scenario unique. Then your players can quickly arrange their tents, wagons and other equipment in thoughtful ways that make random encounters more meaningful.
There is 44 pieces of double sided magnetic terrain, so you can run pretty much any random encounter in the wilderness that you can think of.
If this sounds like something you'd use check out the kickstarter for more information.
I love feedback so please let me know what you think of the product. I designed it how I would want to use it, so if you feel like something's lacking, or should be changes Id like to know.
<mod> Full link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dmloot/dmloot?ref=project_link
With my Cadian army nearly finished and my wife's army at a playable state I decided to take a break from 40k painting. Since I've been painting for our actual armies for so long I decided to start a new WIP thread rather than use my old random projects thread (the "Too Many Projects" thread will be replaced by this one).
But before getting too far ahead I'd like to show everyone just how bad my box got while painting for 40k and killteam. This of course doesn't include any GW boxes I may or may not have on hand to paint "just for fun". I swear I'll paint those Skaven sooner or later.
Though some of the figures were closer to completion, I simply couldn't resist painting one I've had my eye on for months (I mean this quite literally as the figure sat on my lamp's base since I first got it and probably ended up in the background of many of my progress shots). When I first pulled this from a box of goodwill I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This figure just screamed Don Quixote, at least to me it did. So that's exactly how I painted it and though it may just be a simple paint job I'm already thinking about creating a new character just to use it.
Ok, Here I go starting another WIP. I had the hankering for Frostgrave only no one around who wanted to try. So I decide to finally give the Dark Alchemy solo scenarios a try. I had skeletons, rats, and a stand-in for the alchemical monstrosity. I looked around and thought, hey those WWWOZ Tin man painted up red and gold would look cool as the FIre-Flingers for the final scenarios. I also decided I only wanted to paint them as gaming pieces. I haven't really posted anything cause my camera broke, and I really haven't wanted to pick up another. So I'm starting this WIP to practice with my phone camera, as well as post here a little more often.
Here was the first of four I need for the scenario, as it stands at the moment. Photo work still in progress as well:
Unfortunately, I had a TPK in scenario 2. The scenario called for Wizard or Apprentice and 4 of soldiers for the mission. They all went down, and I rolled unbelievable less than 5 for all of them on the survival roll. I'm less than inspired to complete these guys now. but I'll carry on and hope that the apprentice can survive the final encounter with whats left of the warband when I finish.
Sorry for being away from the Forum for so long.
So ... how does one pronounce "peryton"?
I've usually said it like "keratin" (stress on the first syllable), but I suppose it could rhyme with "enlighten" (stress on the second syllable) instead.
I realized only weeks ago that I had been mispronouncing "wyvern" all my life, and the first syllable is long like "five", not short like "shiv".
I taught a class called "Fur, Feathers, and Scales" class at ReaperCon 2018.
I used the Bones peryton as a demonstration, because of the big feathered wings.
The first-edition Monster Manual gives the coloration of a peryton as blue-black head, black horns, green wings, and blue chest (male) or drab chest (female).
I showed my students pictures of real hawks and falcons, most of which have dark tips on their wing feathers, and sometimes a series of dark stripes.
Then I painted one of the peryton's wings to have stripes like that (black on green).
Now I've decided to paint the whole figure, to at least a good tabletop standard.
I attached it to a 50mm round base, sculpted some extra rocks, and sculpted the skeleton of a past victim (a Reaper pewter skull, plus bones made from putty).
Perytons bite the hearts out of their prey, so I made the skeleton's ribcage open/broken in front.
Here's how my version looked after I spent 2 hours slapping on Black Brush-on Primer and White Brush-on Primer, to establish the overall values.
The primer didn't fully cover the striped green wing from my ReaperCon class.
Who's Online 23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)