Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Over the past few weeks I've been teaching my wife how to play Kill Team as a stepping stone to 8th edition 40K. There was only one small flaw to this plan however. My wife intends to play daemons in 40K (already has her first box and codex) but the daemons are not a viable faction in Kill Team.
So we had to find her a team so I could teach her the much smaller game first. She looked at the different factions and decided to try the Orks. This seemed like a good fit to me, learn a more melee than shooting team in preparation for a more melee army. Seeing as we're transitioning from D&D to 40K we also have a lot of Orks to immediately create a proxy team for her.
I assembled a mish mash of miniatures and built her a fairly basic team. We started playing about once a week and I'd introduce new aspects of the game each time. This meant the first couple of games were pretty basic but were easier to pick up. This probably wasn't necessary as she had learned and played a ton of Song of Blades and Heroes with our friends but I know learning new systems can be daunting and a little intimidating for her though, so our first games were really basic.
Now that we're pretty close to playing the game with all the rules, tactics, and abilities I'm realizing we may play Kill Team more than I expected. Which of course lead to the creation of this thread because now I have to build and paint my wife an Ork Kill Team for Christmas.
I've already purchased two boxes of orks and finished all the preliminary work before painting, so tonight I started my wife's orks. I began with the skin and used Viper Green as a base. That received a wash of Citadel Biel-Tan Green, with a highlight of Muddy Olive which I thought made for a pretty nice effect. I used Nightshade Purple for the "armor" because my wife's favorite color is purple and I simply couldn't think of any other way to get purple on the miniature. And let's be honest purple "armor" isn't any odder than some of the "official" color schemes.
Though I managed to start some of the other areas most of the focus tonight was on the flesh and armor. I've also decided to do this project in batches of only two figures; this being a gift for my wife I want them to look better than my Cadian team.
So one of my players bought a hero forge 3d model and then printed it. I've based it, primed it and now I'm painting it in the color combination he requested. I have just finished the base layer (the goggles will be gold with green glass)
Hope he's happy when it's finished :D
Hello everyone, I plan on crafting some blights out of polymer clay. Today I made the armatures out of copper wire and glue and pined them to some old 20mm bases. I plan on using fimo air polymer clay, decorative sand (maybe some rocks too), and a variety of dried tea leaves and spices. Then I will prime them using cheap spray paint and paint them using cheap acrylic paint. I hope they turn out nice. All kinds of tips, suggestion or criticism are welcome :D
I started painting these three pieces after having them in the wings for awhile:
The Scarecrow & her Minion are Bombshell Babe minis, the Witch is a Ral Parhta/Iron Wind, the Voodoo Guy is a Wyrd, & the Pumpkinhead is mine:
Hopefully they will progress without further delay/interruption...unlikely as that is.
Who's Online 30 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Dan d'Lyon
- Xiwo Xerase
- Grumpy Cave Bear
- Knight of the Dinner Table