55 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Took some pics of my finished warbiker conversion (this is based on a deffkopta, basically a little helicopter) - WIP pics are in my wip thread.
I tried several new things, mostly water effects in a more cinematic style. Tried to make the water look like it was spraying or kicked up by the bike wheels. Also did some droplet effects. Overall it's ok, not quite what I was hoping for but next time will be even better I'm sure.
While I mentally work my way back to Saladin, I've been doing some small projects. I'm running a 13th Age game and one of my players is a necromancer. She was quite pleased when I produced D'Vandra for her to use during battles. I decided to paint D'Vandra for brush warmup and as OSL practice. Nothing fancy, however, as this figure will see some wear and tear as it gets moved around the battle field.
Here are the first steps. I basecoated using Solid Blue, then highlighted with Ashen Blue and Misty Grey. I may go back and push the highlights to a pure white. I'm not quite satisfied with them but also don't plan on spending a ton of time on this figure so we'll see. I then went back and put sold blue, corporeal shadow, purple shadow, and blue liner into the folds of her dress. Here she is now. The shadows have been a bit washed out by the direct light. :(
Because I apparently suffer from extreme ADHD when it comes to miniature painting... squirrel!!
Ahem, the following are in various stages of WIP. Everything on the blob and rat has been applied by airbrush and mostly inks and washes to this point. The Abominataur has had some brushwork done since and is nearing completion.
Tried something I picked up from a French Youtuber Hutif who mixes some satin varnish in with her inks when she sprays them. Will be doing a comparison on some different models at some point to see if it's actually doing anything but it seems to be helping the ink settle into the recesses better. Applying inks/washes through the airbrush has also been neat as you spray at such a low pressure that you can get really precise. If nothing else, it was great practice.
These are not meant to be works of art, just messing around and hoping to get them on the table with 3 or so hours of work each. So far, the minotaur is the farthest along has had about 2 hours total.
Thanks for looking.
Who's Online 6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)