Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guildenstern

Currently painting: The Kraken

67 posts in this topic

Looks good so far!

...and 'Bubba' is pretty cool, too.:winkthumbs:

1 person likes this

Thanks Chaoswolf =D Bubba is currently waiting on his LED kit to come in then I shall work on him some more.

For my Kraken part I'm working on the board atm, while the paint dries on the Kraken. I think I may get some more Reaper liners (I need the new October mini anyway lol)Seafloor2.thumb.jpg.9c22c0c6bc9c458760febe24774dddcc.jpg

I got a coat of sand over the board, and sprayed it with brown paint, fixing to let it full 'cure' and then start drybrushing a lot of khaki over it. I usually use Vallejo Iraqi Sand for, well, sand.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ooh, LEDs+Bubba sounds really cool!

Edited by Chaoswolf
1 person likes this

Did more work on the Kraken's board. Actually painted something too (gasp) - I've had the dead men's chest piece for a while, looking for somewhere to put it, and this seems perfect. Lovely piece, lots of detail. Only basecoated atm:

20171012_225042.thumb.jpg.8804025a362b69a7d6d0c33def642ca7.jpg

Same after washes (prolly will have another layer on the clothing, as I'm aging it):

20171012_230925.thumb.jpg.29ec8b88d31e8cda4c96a9e2c6b19e0d.jpg

And a shot of the finished seabed base, with a few of the  terrain bits - still thinking about where to put what at the moment. The little critters in the back are some of the denizens that'll be inhabiting the diorama. I've also got some marine plants (aquarium plants) I'm working on adding. For now I want to get the critters painted, then I can figure where to put what, and how then to put plants on exactly.

20171012_231051.thumb.jpg.a0be1fae14bf1369e57ad21d3f6b99ac.jpg

8 people like this

Great piece!

Very promising

Add a few urns/amphora kinda things?

Edited by Glitterwolf
1 person likes this

AMAZING! I was fascinated by the incredible number of projects you could keep circling in the air like a vaudeville routine; AND they are all coming along just SPLENDIDLY. Wandering through the thread was an entertaining & uplifting experience. WELL DONE, that Mouse!

Edited by malefactus
1 person likes this

Nice work on the Dead Man's Chest!

I like the look of the diorama so far, too. If you're taking suggestions, I'd put that piece off to the side somewhere, maybe with a healthy amount of plant life around it.