Sign in to follow this  
SirDibblet

77396: Olivia, Female Cleric

That's a nice-looking cleric!  I like how the blues and purples are subtle and make the red pop.

One tip I've learned about eyes (and I'm still not that good at eyes either, so I can relate to your comments) is to put a dab of color that will create an eyeshadow/eyelid color behind the eye.  So, for example, you could have dabbed a spot of your purple, let it dry, then do the eye on top of that so the tiny bits of purple that come out create the illusion of eyelid/eyeshadow and make the presence of the eye more natural and more striking.

• Like 2

She looks great, especially for am early mini. Just keep painting and have fun, painting eyes and other tiny details will become easier!

• Like 2

I call shenanigans with your "no artistic talent." Shenanigans, I say! She looks lovely. Especially for your 4th mini.

No Seriously I can barely draw a stick figure, couldn't reproduce a Jackson Pollock for my life and still manage to screw up a paint-by-numbers.  This is the first artistic endeavor I have ever undertaken in which "Oh that looks nice" isn't a polite way of saying "mother of god my eyes are burning!!!" So I promise I not being humble when I state that lol.

Thank you to you all, I really appreciate your comments.  I am really proud of this one.

• Like 5

She is LOVELY, AND for a fourth figure exceptionally so. You are a natural. Keep up the OUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 2

Not bad at all. For simple and effective painting I'd suggest a three tier color system. Choose a base color, a highlight color, and a shading color. Given the small size of minis don't be afraid to exaggerate the contrast between the tiers. Dry brushing is also a super simple and effective technique for applying highlights. Aside from that always paint from the inside out. Start with the skin, then the robes on top of that, then the sash on top of that, then the satchel on top of that, etc.

• Like 2

She's lovely! Honestly, her eyes look pretty good. Eyes are hard. Practice, practice, practice. They get easier. A thin line of a dark brown right under the eye to give it a bit of definition is the only thing I'd change about them. That tutorial CW provided the link for is an amazing eye tutorial and explains what I mean very well.

• Like 1

Really cool color pattern. I was actually looking at this mini last week wondering what I'd do with her and didn't even think to do such dark colors for her. That looks really great. I consider myself a beginner too, so I'm not sure I can really criticize and offer any advice. I've been too afraid to really attempt eyes so far but yours look great.

• Like 1