jcg

Completed
Dwarven Forge KS4

418 posts in this topic

<<<MOD Edit>>> link to live kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/dwarven-forges-castles-3-d-modular-terrain-for-gam?ref=hero_thanks

(The images below are hosted in imgur, if you want to see them at the original size copy their URL and remove the "m" before the period.)

iG6BsVCm.jpg

afXHq8ym.jpg

4WXkd75m.jpg

ObZkNRwm.jpg

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
5 people like this

Looks like castles and such?

2 people like this

What's the theme of this one?

Doom to your wallet
8 people like this

Oh nos....  I haven't been mugged by any DFKSs yet, but I've been looking mighty hard..

1 person likes this

What's the theme of this one?

Doom to your wallet

Ok, that made me laugh... :)

3 people like this

I hope to see you all there. It will be a ride comperable to a Reaper Bones!!!

It's official... Doom comes again for your wallet in < 30 days...

iG6BsVCm.jpg

HOORAY AND LORD NO! all in the same breath!​

3 people like this

I showed this to my wife yesterday and her comment was "well, I guess there goes the idea of buying a house this year." 

Am I really that bad?

Also, does it count as an upgrade if I buy a castle instead of a house?

9 people like this

I don't know.. if you spend enough, I suppose you could build a house out of DF pieces

4 people like this

I showed this to my wife yesterday and her comment was "well, I guess there goes the idea of buying a house this year." 

Am I really that bad?

Also, does it count as an upgrade if I buy a castle instead of a house?

As long as you get at least 1200 square feet of Dwarven Forge, I think the answer must be "Yes."

:B):

3 people like this

Stefan has said they are planning for around 100 unqiue pieces in this kickstarter....

1 person likes this

Stefan has said they are planning for around 100 unqiue pieces in this kickstarter....

His comment about how much he would expect to spend if he were investing in KS4 combined with the comments about it being a smorgasbord of options has me a bit worried. Sounds like the buy-in to not feel like you want more (there's no "need" involved here, this is 100% a luxury item) to "have enough" is going to be quite high. I'm guessing the DF KS trend of lower backer count and higher average pledge will continue.

Honestly, I'm most excited about the teases regarding new packs for dungeon/caverns/city/sewer that may appear in KS4. I use my DF pieces for RPGs and more often then not the previous KSers plus maps for grasslands/forest have things covered. Occasionally having a single tower or a gatehouse might be nice for an encounter, but needing a whole castle for my RPG sessions would be exceptionally rare. On the flip side, I can see a full size castle being desirable for war gamers.

Edited by jcg
3 people like this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

Trio is born from my videogames experience, is born by my idea to create a variegated set that include different types of subjects including animals, armours, textiles and skins of various types. The busts of this campaign are all handsculpted by Alberto Acquaviva and me and all are in resin cast. Through this busts i want to show you how the wisdom can be beautiful and delicate, how the courage can be aggressive in front of a trial and how the power can corrupt your face...and your soul. All this collection busts are composed just by one piece except Heero, the courage that is composed by three parts. The collection has been conceived to be easy to assemple and ready from the unboxing to be painted. Is a good trial for both beginners and veteran painters. You can play with colors, lighting effects or freehanding on open surfaces, on little details or animal mantles. So,I hope my project excites and involves you like it did to me. Thanks for reading. Below you'll find the description of all characters, their size and more details on this campaign.
      Regarding the shipping costs there are two price ranges.  
      First range: shipping up to 4 figures, 5€  
      Second range: 5+ figures,10€ However be informed that the more models you'll purchase, the bigger will be the discount applied, so your shipping will be anyway cheap.
    • By Sergeant_Crunch
      http://dp9forum.com/index.php?showtopic=16501

Looks like plastic mecha are all the rage. Between Robotech and CAV I'm going to be up to my ears in mecha...but the idea of gears that don't cost an arm and a leg may be too much to resist. Don't know that I'll go big on this one, probably one of the army boxes or a $1 pledge with some add-ons. These aren't likely to be used with their game so I'm not looking to get more than handful, definitely not more than say, 20.

Says starting in October, not sure when though.

MOD EDIT - project live. Link to kickstarter:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heavygearblitz/heavy-gear-blitz-war-for-terra-nova-starter-set?mobile=0
    • By Gaspez Arts
      Hi!
      I edited this post to communicate the start of the Kickstarter campaign for the new Choas Dwarf team : the Bull Warriors!
      go to Kickstarterr page and take a look

If you are interested to this team go there asap: only for the first day of the campaign this mutated chaos dwarf is free with the early bird pledges

Thank you all
      Fabio

-----------------
      The old post:

Hi all!
      The Kickstarter campaign for my new Chaos Dwarf team will start September 5th and here there is a little preview.
      This team doesn't need any introduction: they are strong, they are bad, they are bloodthirsty, they are the Bull Warriors Chaos Dwarfs.
      Take a look .. and let me know what you think of this preview:

Here you can see some members of the team: 3 chaos dwarfs, one bull centaur and one hobgoblin

• By Smokestack
      <<<MOD>>>
      Link to the Kickstarter:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/massive-darkness/description
      <<<>>>

http://cmon.com/massive-darkness-is-coming/

Anyone else following this? Its from CMON, and uses similar system to Zombicide. Its a dungeon crawl with characters that level and get skills.

Kickstarter coming end of this month.

Some pics of minis and what not have popped up today from CMON expo. I dont want to repost from other news sites but if you search there are some nice pictures of the models. I really like the evil gnome/dwarf looking guys.
    • By Gadgetman!
      The People at Antarctic Press is at it again...  
      May the Farce be with them in their endeavor of creating cool T-shirts...   

Hurry up to pledge, there's only 4 days left.
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)