jcg

Dwarven Forge KS4

<<<MOD Edit>>> link to live kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/dwarven-forges-castles-3-d-modular-terrain-for-gam?ref=hero_thanks

(The images below are hosted in imgur, if you want to see them at the original size copy their URL and remove the "m" before the period.)

iG6BsVCm.jpg

afXHq8ym.jpg

4WXkd75m.jpg

ObZkNRwm.jpg

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 5

I showed this to my wife yesterday and her comment was "well, I guess there goes the idea of buying a house this year." 

Am I really that bad?

Also, does it count as an upgrade if I buy a castle instead of a house?

• Like 9

I showed this to my wife yesterday and her comment was "well, I guess there goes the idea of buying a house this year." 

Am I really that bad?

Also, does it count as an upgrade if I buy a castle instead of a house?

As long as you get at least 1200 square feet of Dwarven Forge, I think the answer must be "Yes."

:B):

• Like 3

Stefan has said they are planning for around 100 unqiue pieces in this kickstarter....

His comment about how much he would expect to spend if he were investing in KS4 combined with the comments about it being a smorgasbord of options has me a bit worried. Sounds like the buy-in to not feel like you want more (there's no "need" involved here, this is 100% a luxury item) to "have enough" is going to be quite high. I'm guessing the DF KS trend of lower backer count and higher average pledge will continue.

Honestly, I'm most excited about the teases regarding new packs for dungeon/caverns/city/sewer that may appear in KS4. I use my DF pieces for RPGs and more often then not the previous KSers plus maps for grasslands/forest have things covered. Occasionally having a single tower or a gatehouse might be nice for an encounter, but needing a whole castle for my RPG sessions would be exceptionally rare. On the flip side, I can see a full size castle being desirable for war gamers.

Edited by jcg
  • Like 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darsc Zacal
      Do yourself a favour and take a look at what's on offer even if you've not backed one of Stonehavens projects before.
      Lots of unique and fun concepts scattered throughout,

Plus they've done things a bit differently and have everything already sculpted and shown.

Love the cloaked mysterious strangers.

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      We love miniatures. We love tabletop games. We love anthropomorphic animals, from Disney's Robin Hood through The Wind in the Willows to Brian Jaques' Redwall books. So we combined the things we love in our Burrows & Badgers range of metal miniatures.
      Why are we making them?
      Because we want them! And we know a lot of other people are looking for more anthropomorphic animal miniatures too. Some will want to use them for wargaming or roleplaying. That's what we do with ours - and there's a link below to a free .pdf copy of the Burrows & Badgers Skirmish Game rules for you to download, if you feel like trying it out.
      Other people love painting miniatures, and our figures are perfect for that, full of character ready to be brought to life with your paintbrush....
      And some people just love collecting miniatures; again, we've made this new set of Burrows & Badgers figures perfect for collectors. They are all single piece models, with integral bases, so there are no fiddly parts to be glued on.
      We love making miniatures; we hope you'll love our miniatures too.
      Why we need your help...
      We've got 13 new miniatures sculpted, but they need to have moulds made before we can start producing the miniatures. And that's why we need funding; to get the moulds made, and get the casting process started.
      About the miniatures...
      There are other ranges of anthropomorphic animal miniatures out there, but ours are a little different. We didn't want all the races of animals to be the same size. Instead, we've scaled them to each other; so a shrew or a mouse is a very small model, about 20mm tall, and a really big animal like a badger will stand about 50mm tall, for example.
      Each sculpted figure shown below has a scale picture with it, showing its height in millimetres. All our models are supplied unpainted.
      And if you are interested in doing some anthro skirmish gaming, here's the link to the Burrows & Badgers website, where you can download .pdf files of the rules, warband rosters, FAQs and more:

The Pledges
      Below you'll see pictures of the different Pledge levels available. Each picture shows you what's included in the Pledge, then below them you can see close-up pictures of the individual miniatures, which also include the prices if you want to add extra miniatures to any Pledge. Shipping costs vary depending on where you are; there's a graphic at the bottom of this page that lists all the shipping costs. All Pledges are set for an estimated delivery of December 2017, but we're hoping to deliver sooner than that.

Pictures of the miniature sculpts
      Below you can see pictures of each of the miniatures, and there's a scale image at the bottom right of each picture to show the height of the model in millimetres. There's also a price at the bottom of each picture, for the Pick'n'Mix pledge, or to add extra models to any pledge.

• By Purgatoryminiatures
      Hi there fellow gamer's and painters!

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce the Purgatory kickstarter that goes live on the 10th October 2016. You can preview the project here: https://goo.gl/g73jPiwhich will give you a flavour of what is to come.

In April we went to Salute and we took with us this artbook:
      https://goo.gl/5lT8Lc

You can find pictures of at least 5 of the starting factions alongside information on the background and the history of some of the characters themselves.

If you like what you see you can follow us on twitter @purgatoryminis or you can follow our facebook page: www.facebook.com/purgatoryminiatures along with the other 1600+ followers we are lucky to have. We have a website: www.purgatory-miniatures.co.uk that gives you more information on the game and the world as well as having a shop where you can pick up models like Erishkigal below.

You can see that we have some 'pedigree' in delivering highly detailed multi part resin models that are at 32mm scale. We have 7 models now released and the kickstarter bring the possibility of another 30 or more models that are all interchangeable to give you a dynamic and long lasting game.

The pledges feature a number of different levels, where the more you spend the greater the value. The £90 set for example, includes 15 models, all coming with a unique insert for their base. 15 stat cards, 15 San Ban cards, unique art, dice, hard copy rulebook and 60 Gift of the Gods cards. It really is packed with value.

So if you like the look of Purgatory, come on over and support the project as we ramp up for the War in Heaven!

Thanks

Team Purgatory
    • By SamuraiJack

A smart holder system for painting and sculpting tabletop and board game miniatures - touchless, comfortable and much more precise.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2066522358/miniature-holders-and-grips-for-painting-and-sculp?ref=hero_thanks
    • By Argentee
      I have the single deckers, and really like them. After failing to fund last time, the designer hit some trade shows, lined up some other financing, and has relaunched the campaign for double decker caddies. I think these would be great for games like Gloom that with the expansions quickly outgrow their original boxes.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/narrowshill/card-caddy-double-decker
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)