SamuraiJack

Fulfilling
Shieldwolf Miniatures War 2.5 (relaunch)

261 posts in this topic

According to DHL I was supposed to get Shieldwolf stuff today, but now that I'm looking at the DHL page and trying to figure out why it's still not here, all I see is that it's in customs review. Supposedly in Greece. Not sure whether that's actually accurate or not. Hmmm.

Mine is scheduled to get here on Mon. But I got my mammoths some time ago and like those, this will just get checked and put away.

Oof, bait and switch by DHL! Minis are still in Athens. And not Georgia... well, I'm still looking forward to these. Sounds like they'll be awesome when they do eventually arrive!

I don't have tracking or notification. =(

from the sound of it DHL is texting the tracking info,

so if you gave a landline number (like me) you won't get any

I got mine by email, but it looked like a text message:

+172524
DHL EXPRESS ######## from SHIELDWOLF MINIATURE is scheduled for delivery Apr 20 2017. Signature is required. Manage delivery at https://delivery.dhl.com/US/###### Reply END to stop msgs.

IT CAME!  The ones I looked at had great detail.  Going to jump in later tonight to catalogue. 

Waiting on shipping notification myself

2 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

Waiting on shipping notification myself

I didn't get any notification or tracking info.

Well if my camera would have held out for a few more minutes on the first video I would have described the amount of armour on the models (it's about three quarters cover compared to the 40% to two thirds it looked like in the concept art). I like the fact that their armour looks scavenged, borrowed and recycled. It makes them look more barbaric (although apparently they've really got something against upper arm protection).

They are big girls standing head and shoulders above the previous three Shieldmaiden heroines that Patrick Keith sculpted. I haven't checked the other resin heroines for size yet. I've built 3 and dry fitted them on bases (to see how they'd rank up). Basically individually they'll fit on 20mm bases but if you want them to rank up it's going to be a real squeeze and you'll have to be careful how you position the arms (probably all up in the air). If you put the on 25mm bases they'll probably rank up quite easily (still need to be careful with a few weapon tips and cloaks 'though). It wouldn't make a very interesting video with me holding things in front of the camera with my hands getting in the way of whatever I'm holding while I babble about bases sizes. I could try lying them down with their feet positioned on the bases to show spacing. The hollow recess in the Freebooter bases makes it easier to balance a figure lying down on the base. I did wonder if the hollow bases (being almost ankle deep on them) is intended to conceal the height a little - especially if you fill it with the remnants of my old tub of Citadel Snow Flock.

1 person likes this

According to my text from DHL, my kit was supposed to arrive on the 20th with signature confirmation.  Similar story to some others...nothing came, and when I checked the detailed tracker, it was still in Greece.  But also labeled on schedule, so who knows.

I've continued to track mine. So far it's left Leipzig and is on its way to Cincinnati! 

(would not have pegged Cincy as a DHL hub, but the more you know...) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Smokestack
      <<<MOD>>>
      Link to the Kickstarter:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/massive-darkness/description
      <<<>>>

http://cmon.com/massive-darkness-is-coming/

Anyone else following this? Its from CMON, and uses similar system to Zombicide. Its a dungeon crawl with characters that level and get skills.

Kickstarter coming end of this month.

Some pics of minis and what not have popped up today from CMON expo. I dont want to repost from other news sites but if you search there are some nice pictures of the models. I really like the evil gnome/dwarf looking guys.
    • By etherial
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/spirit-island

In the most distant reaches of the world, magic still exists, embodied by spirits of the land, of the sky, and of every natural thing. As the great powers of Europe stretch their colonial empires further and further, they will inevitably lay claim to a place where spirits still hold power - and when they do, the land itself will fight back alongside the islanders who live there.

Spirit Island is a cooperative, settler-destruction strategy game for 1 to 4 players designed by R. Eric Reuss and set in an alternate-history world around A.D. 1700. Players are different spirits of the land, each with their own unique elemental powers, forced to defend their island home from colonizing Invaders spreading blight and destruction. Work with your fellow spirits and the native islanders to increase your power and drive the invading colonists from your island in this strategic area-control game.

This game was playtested at some of my Fourth of July parties, and though I haven't had a chance to play it yet myself, the game comes highly recommended.

The interesting bit here is that you play neither the Invaders nor the Inhabitants of the island, but the spirits trying to alter the balance of power in defense of the Inhabitants themselves.
    • By Gadgetman!
      If you only buy one T-shirt this year... 

Fair warning:
      There may or may not be IP issues with this one.
    • By Darsc Zacal
      From a new sculptor.
      The Kickstarter is now live!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/242681928/30mm-female-pirates/description

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
       Most people move through their day ignorant of their surroundings. Foolishly, humans believe they are alone in their struggles… but there are worlds out there, different from our own, where the struggle of good vs evil is real.
      Welcome to Hedgerows and Heroes!
      Badger Lord Hedgerows and Heroes is a fast paced, easy to learn fantasy strategy game based on the Mighty Armies game engine. Featuring 28mm scale fantasy animals, designed by Bob Olley, players wage the ultimate battle for good and evil.
      Which side will you choose?
      Cover to Hedgerows and Heroes Game Contents and $75 Pledge
      Rulebook- Each game comes with a rulebook that describes gameplay as well as illustrations depicting movement and army lists for both armies.
      Miniatures- Each game contains 60 (That’s Right 60!) 28mm Scale woodland creatures in a variety of poses and uniforms in metal, supplied unpainted. Sculpted by Bob Olley!
      Bases- Each game contains 20 bases to mount your armies on.
      Rulers and Dice-  Each game contains 2 Rulers and 2 Dice.
      Pledges and Goals
      A Peek into the HedgerowsYou just want to support this project! Thank you!
      Neutral Party $5
      You will receive a PDF of Hedgerows and Heroes. Look at you being all tech-savvy!
      Enter the War $75
      The Game. With this pledge you get the Hedgerows and Heroes ruleset, 1 Evil Army, 1 Good Army, dice, and rulers. This pledge level is also eligible for all stretch goals! Huzzah! 
      Shipping is free in the US.
      ALL In Pledge!- $300
      With this pledge you get 206 Heroes and Villains of the Hedgerow! 206 unpainted metal animal warriors with bases. This pledge level is also eligible for all stretch goals!
      The All In Pledge gives you all of the woodland creatures we create in one massive army. Besides the Basic army in the $75 Game Pledge, you get Foxes, Raccoons. Mice, Shrews, Squirrels, Foxes and More! The set contains multiples of each type of creature, so it will be easy to build additional units. You get a total of 206 Minis Supplied unpainted and 60 bases. Below are some of the minis you will get. What a deal! Shipping is free in the US.
      206 Metal Minis!  

• Who's Online   46 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)