TheOldGuard

Citadel Miniatures Dungeons & Dragons Starter Sets - Pic Heavy

I followed your WIP.

They turned out great! Very cool to see how these classic minis get some love.

The Toad is very lifelike.

I love the fish shield on the Sea elf

The Gnoll and Bugbear look very natural too.

The sorcerer is amazing

Great Skeleton.

Oh well...I love them all!!!

• Like 1

I followed your WIP.

They turned out great! Very cool to see how these classic minis get some love.

The Toad is very lifelike.

I love the fish shield on the Sea elf

The Gnoll and Bugbear look very natural too.

The sorcerer is amazing

Great Skeleton.

Oh well...I love them all!!!

Many thanks Herman! I wanted the fish image on the shield to be more swirly & organic but there just wasn't enough room - I'm happy with it though.

• Like 1

Wow everything looks really good. I really like the adventurer in blue, incredibly detailed paint job. Also like what you did with the cultist/cleric adventurer. Even the chest has incredible highlights. That toad looks incredibly realistic.

• Like 1

You did a great job!  Talk about classic and cool.  I'll have to keep an eye out for these classics - somehow.

• Like 1

This is some really good stuff well done ;)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sushiroll
      Haven’t painted in a few months but here is my 3rd attempt at any mini’s. This is the Yeti from the D&D Icewind Dale collectors series. I started with a grey primer, then white base coat. Washed it with nuln oil then dry brushed a light blue and white over the whole thing. I need to add horn detail still and base detail. Any tips on painting realistic horns would be greatly appreciated as well as any other feedback! Sorry, in advance for poor lighting/picture quality.

• By TheOldGuard
      Hi All!

I've just been rearranging my display shelves & have noticed that I actually have a few minis that I have never shown on these boards. They are the first ones that I painted a few years ago when I returned to the hobby after many, many years. I will show the others soon but to begin with, here's GW's Gandalf The White & Shadowfax.

The actual paint job is essentialy me getting back in the swing of things by copying the image on the miniatures' packaging, I made the base terrain(s) using air drying clay, gravel & sand & added some grass clumps to finish.

Gandalf on foot

Gandalf mounted on Shadowfax

Back soon with something "big, ferocious & wingy" - thanks for looking!

• By Cyradis
      My D&D group's cleric is a follower of Chauntea, a plant goddess. He wields a scythe. He's also incredibly short for a human. He's absurdly chipper. He's the city's marijuana grower and distributor. 

For some reason, the player picked this figure, one of the townsfolk, to represent his character. I don't like this figure. Player stated that I could do low detail on him. I'm not sure there is a sufficient paint job to give him a cheerful face. 

C&C as I go is welcome. He isn't going to be one I super nitpick but I'd like him to be generally tidy. Might attempt OSL for practice. 

Oh bother. I thought I was in the WIP forums. Serves me right for doing this on the phone. Mod help pretty please? 

• By Lidless Eye
      I've been testing out the new WizKids ready to paints. It was just the simple beasts for now, but I wasn't too impressed with the PC sculpts.  I'm hoping they improve the QC for the next wave, there's some cool designs coming.

The pack:

The Displacer Beast:

The Blink Dog:

• By SparrowMarie
      I started painting Dagon a few days ago. He's very much still in the beginning stages. All my paints are MSP unless otherwise specified. Here's what I've done so far: Washed and blue liner-ed and started a base coat of Marine Teal. Then a little more work on the fins with Twilight Purple, Gem Purple, and Amethyst Purple but they have a long way to go still. 

• Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)