SGHawkins09

Box of Goodwill, Basing Edition - Chatter Thread

I recently started texturing plasticard (with scrapbooking tools essentially). I use bits for 'walls' or pieces of building type things, other other 'metal sheet' kinds of things. If there's any interest I could throw in a few.

Also have the (more or less) traditional water filter plastic bead "rivets".

And home made tufts, I love making grasses.

Just throwing the ideas out there, I've not done this before so trying to get some ideas what people might be interested in :)

• Like 6

Southestern CT just like Jack.

I've got a good selection of stuff (more so if I get off my elf and cast some Hirst blocks).

If needed, between us, Jack and I might have enough to start a box (again, as long as no one minds some Hirst Arts "filler").  Not sure if that gives Jack enough time to sculpt stuff, so I recommend waiting for him to reply before choosing us as a box starter.

Well, I've got a bunch of other stuff I can throw in besides bits, so if we need another box DIlvish and I could definitely start one between us (I have a bunch of tiny storage jars and plastic bags I can toss in as well).

I'll just have to see how much sculpting I can get done before...When were we starting? The 11th?...

(If we start a box, it'll have some bits in it (the simple stuff). If I end up later on in the queue, there will end up being a lot of bits and some more complex stuff...)

With the amount of people interested, we will probably need a second box, so here is an idea. I plan on getting mine out on the 11th but as the 11th is a Friday, I may not be able to get it out until the following week. If you guys want to start the second box, you could both be the box starter and next in line which would give you an extra week or more to get it sent off. Then if you want, at the end we could do what the other box did and have my box end with you and yours end with me to seed and start the next round if there is interest in a second round.
  • Like 5

Sounds like a plan to me.  I'll go ahead and start getting stuff together as I just so happen to have a Medium Rate box at hand.  Once the dates and routes get ironed out, I can get together with Jack and well see about getting everything to fit.

• Like 7

Sounds like a plan to me.  I'll go ahead and start getting stuff together as I just so happen to have a Medium Rate box at hand.  Once the dates and routes get ironed out, I can get together with Jack and well see about getting everything to fit.

Awesome, thank you for helping with the second box.

It's a lot of fun seeing this idea take off

It was a great idea and thank you for letting me run with it.

• Like 7

I'll get together with Dilvish this coming weekend at some point and we'll start putting the box together. Then the next weekend I'll drop off the bits I've sculpted and we can try to get the box to close long enough to seal it (I may have to stand on it while he tapes it shut), lol... :rolleyes:

• Like 6

It's a lot of fun seeing this idea take off

QFT!

ETA- I have about 20 million little baggies I can add for sorting the basing supplies.

Edited by tiniest rhombus
  • Like 4

So I just did a quick count of the people who signed up in the other thread and got 27... Looks like we'll need at least three boxes for this one.

• Like 3

So I just did a quick count of the people who signed up in the other thread and got 27... Looks like we'll need at least three boxes for this one.

I saw that we had a lot. I will look at it more once sign ups close tonight and may contact a few people about starting the third box.

• Like 3

MadDilvishJack box is seeded.  MadJack had enough stuff to fill 3/4 of a medium flat rate box on his own.  Once I finish adding to it it will be full.  So people down stream of us will need to take stuff in order to leave stuff. 

If really in need, I might be able to split it up into two partially full boxes and send them out as two seed boxes.  That would take care of needing another box route, as well as making sure there is space to add stuff.  IIRC the original BOG started out as either a small or medium box. So starting boxes don't necessarily have to start as a medium sized box.

Either way, I don't mind shipping out two boxes if you don't get another taker for box starter

• Like 4

MadDilvishJack box is seeded.  MadJack had enough stuff to fill 3/4 of a medium flat rate box on his own.  Once I finish adding to it it will be full.  So people down stream of us will need to take stuff in order to leave stuff. 

If really in need, I might be able to split it up into two partially full boxes and send them out as two seed boxes.  That would take care of needing another box route, as well as making sure there is space to add stuff.  IIRC the original BOG started out as either a small or medium box. So starting boxes don't necessarily have to start as a medium sized box.

Either way, I don't mind shipping out two boxes if you don't get another taker for box starter

There were a few that noted they could start a box. I will approach them first and if there are no takers, spliting your box would be best.

• Like 3

There were a few that noted they could start a box. I will approach them first and if there are no takers, spliting your box would be best.

Yeah, we could easily split our stuff into two separate boxes - I even left out the scenery bits I was sculpting, as well as a few things I'd decided not to put in when getting my stuff together.

• Like 4

Three bbogws? This makes me happy

You should be, it is a great idea.

I can still start one if you like.

That would be great! You are actually the first on my list of who I was going to ask.

• Like 3