malefactus

Garden & Village & Tower, Oh My! Part I: The Garden

SO, now with some of the inhabitants done, the Twisted Tower, & Village calling for some paint, AND a good idea how I want the Garden, it's time to get to it.
I started the Flowers last night;
DSCN1745.JPG

DSCN1747.JPG

DSCN1748.JPG

...thus far today, I've finished the faces. I'll be puttering with the leaves & a couple of other things. Hopefully there will be more photos tonight.

• Like 19

Such unhappy looking flowers...  :ik_oops:  Their faces have [an] almost pumpkin like quality.

They need a species/variety name, idk: gourd-faced petunias, grumpy gardenias, or pumpkin visaged sunflowers...  :rolleyes:

Edited by TGP
  • Like 6

Pretty sure Dorothy never would have made it to the Emerald City if the field had been full of those flowers, lol...

Malefacti, Malfacti* will tear them apart!!!!!

*Well I couldn't say poppies now, could I?

• Like 3

Thanks for all the replies, Guys!

Such unhappy looking flowers...  :ik_oops:  Their faces have [an] almost pumpkin like quality.

They need a species/variety name, idk: gourd-faced petunias, grumpy gardenias, or pumpkin visaged sunflowers...  :rolleyes:

Funny thing is most of the Flowers look pretty merry in their own disreputable way. The bottom one on the right has a perfectly silly smile of the kind normally associated wit idiocy.

Some of those flowers look angry.....

Perhaps Faerie Borden had best beware...

The have her out numbered.

Pretty sure Dorothy never would have made it to the Emerald City if the field had been full of those flowers, lol...

...there might not even be an Emerald City.

Malefacti, Malfacti* will tear them apart!!!!!

*Well I couldn't say poppies now, could I?

,,,or we could wholesale them to the Hare Krishnas.

• Like 2

Have I mentioned how much I love the whimsy of your creations?  I have?  I'm mentioning it again, because those flowers are excellent!

• Like 2

Have I mentioned how much I love the whimsy of your creations?  I have?  I'm mentioning it again, because those flowers are excellent!

Thanks for the repetition, BLZeebub! There are some things I never tire of hearing; I'm delighted you feel that way.

• Like 1

Sweet!  Another wonderful WIP to follow.

Thanks, Silvervane...I'll try not to disappoint. Here's where we stand as of now.

The Faces on this bunch are done & the green base coat

DSCN1753.JPG

...a closer look at the Faces; some are nasty:

DSCN1754.JPG

...or pleasant:

DSCN1756.JPG

DSCN1758.JPG

DSCN1762.JPG

...silly is always in fashion:

DSCN1763.JPG

...AND some of the leaves are done...a lot aren't:

DSCN1761.JPG

...we'll see what tomorrow brings.

• Like 12

That's so awesome!

These flowers are full of personality, love the different moods these faces have.

Here is a thought, how about an undead version? One where the face is a skull and the leaves are grey and full of holes and teared up?

• Like 3

Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings! :)  Love your flowers, such great character!

Thanks, cat. I'll try not to let you down. I'm sure there will be something up by tonight. Right now it's staring off in to space & moaning quietly time.

That's so awesome!

These flowers are full of personality, love the different moods these faces have.

Here is a thought, how about an undead version? One where the face is a skull and the leaves are grey and full of holes and teared up?

Thank for the reply, Xherman. I'm glad you like them.

I hadn't thought about a living impaired flower...some of the my faces with dark circles under their eyes look zombie/ghoul-like. A Vampire or Ghost Flower might be cool; I have a drawer full of skulls of various sizes that I had planned to make into some sort of Halloween style terrain. The Horror Flowers would suit that just fine. 

• Like 6

I'm helping!!!

Yes, you are. You are a FINE source of ideas...strange ideas, but ideas nonetheless.

• Like 1