Sign in to follow this  
TGP

February Resolutionary Painting Challenge — Archers

post-7586-0-90686600-1456800387_thumb.jpg

I have bucket loads of these plastic archers. I painted some of them last year for these monthly challenges. Someday I would like to have a painted unit or two of them. If that is ever going to happen I need a super-fast speed-paint method to get there. This was one such experiment...  :mellow: ...such as it was. I went into it with the idea, "what would I do if these were tiny 10 or 15mm figures"? But do that with these bigger figs.

I needed to do something fast before February expired.

post-7586-0-37857800-1456800370_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Nice work.

I think I'd try to go over the flesh again, but other than that, they look perfectly serviceable.

Nice work.

I think I'd try to go over the flesh again, but other than that, they look perfectly serviceable.

Yep.

As a speed paint method they are somewhat of a fail.

Seriously looking for a Color1, Color2, Color3, Color4 and done plan for painting these guys. But I have plenty more to practice on.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dks
      I am playing in the Pathfinder "Ruins of Azlant" Adventure Path campaign.  A few of the PCs have some healing magic, but we didn't have an actual cleric until a PC recently took the Leadership feat, and an NPC cleric joined the party as his cohort.   (Click here for the Show-Off thread about the figure that I use for my character.)
      The new cohort-cleric, Father Kurvis, is middle-aged and acts like a curmudgeon but has a kind heart.  He worships Abadar, the god of cities, law, merchants, and wealth.  Abadar's colors are gold and black, and his holy symbol is a golden key.
      Our GM has an extensive collection of prepainted plastic figures (D&D and Pathfinder), and this Village Priest seemed appropriate.  It is from a 2005 D&D miniatures release.   I offered to repaint it to be specifically Kurvis.
      Two hours of slinging paint got me to "finished" ... and after I took the first set of photos, I saw how bugged and asymmetrical his eyes were, so I just spent a few more minutes touching them up.

Before and after:

Enjoy,
      Derek

• By pcktlnt
      Link

About this project
      I've been making miniatures for about three years now, during that time I've made sculpts for various miniature companies as a freelancer sculptor. Now I've decide do to take the plunge and produce some of my own miniatures. That aspiration led me to Kickstarter.

I've been busy sculpting the range of undead miniatures presented here over the last few months. They're predominantly 28mm sculpts, the Undead Heroes are larger at 32mm scale, to fit their powerful status. I consciously made them an eclectic bunch, including animals. My vision of the undead force is a terrifying mix of all forms of life, bent to the will of their masters. 

During the course of this campaign, I'll continue to sculpt miniatures to add to the range. I have a Facebook Group - March of the Dead, where I'm working on suggestions offered by the groups members. The more popular ones will be joining the miniatures here.

The objectives of this project are to firstly see the miniatures produced in white metal by Macrocosm Miniatures and in your possession In a timely manner. 

If things go really well, then hopefully I can also get a shiny website made, so I can continue producing miniatures and offer them online.

Anyway. I think that covers the background. Time to show you the miniatures on offer.....

To select multiple rewards, pick one of your choices, then amend the total to include the grand total. I'll then collect the details of your order with the Pledge Manager.

• By Gadgetman!
      Bunny Girls, modeled by Brother vinnie. Need I say more?

There's also a set of bunnies to choose for those who need a familiar or just to add to a diorama.

• By Westfalia
      Hi everybody,

Our Feral Lands campaign is going live on Tuesday, and I would like to share a draft since I always got valuable feedback in this forum.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/westfaliaminiatures/1220483270?ref=514475&token=8affa265

• By lowlylowlycook
      Pendraken is a company that does a wide range of 10mm historical and fantasy minis.  Occasionally under other trade names  they branch out into some other
      stuff like terrain or larger figs.  In this case they are doing 28mm moderns under the trade name Militia Miniatures.  Since their very friendly forum is my second
      home as far as posting about the hobby,  I figured I would share this  here even though I don't really do modern conflicts.

What is Militia Miniatures?
      Militia Miniatures was first launched through Kickstarter in 2014, with an initial set of 10 modern mercenary personalities.  139 backers helped us reach our
      goal and all of the pledges were delivered within 2 months!  It's taken a bit longer than we'd hoped but we're now back with a fantastic new sculptor and another
      50 sculpts, all suitable for wargaming, roleplaying, or simply collecting and painting!

For this project, we've had 50 new 28mm sculpts produced by the extremely talented Paolo Fabiani, which are all waiting to go into moulds.  If we can hit and
      exceed our target then we've got some nice extra goals planned... 

Here is the link to the KS.

• Who's Online   41 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)