SO I started on the Village. It's not so much a try at juggling as a break from the Garden tedium...also something to do as washes dry. All that aside, here's the first of the Village Hovel's.

Scary Mary's very much W.I.P. place:

DSCN1769.JPG

DSCN1770.JPG

DSCN1771.JPG

DSCN1772.JPG

...AND Scary Mary, Herself:

DSCN1773.JPG

DSCN1774.JPG

...the day is still young; so there may be more...or not; re, I am still old.

• Like 22

This keeps reminding me of Labyrinth, very cool.

Thanks for the reply AND the WONDERFUL stills you posted in The Last Hurrah. I did a photo comparison...it's like subliminal suggestion.

I finished up Scary Mary's Place other than adding some details...terrain is never really done:

DSCN1787.JPG

DSCN1788.JPG

DSCN1790.JPG

DSCN1792.JPG

AND how it looks on the board:

DSCN1791.JPG

...I'll pick out another of the hovels to work on as I plod along with the Flowers.

• Like 10

Glad you like them.

There are also some whacky buildings in the Dark Crystal Movie.

The weekend slipped by with only a little progress; i.e., some work on the second building, which was actually the first one I made, but that's getting confusing:
DSCN1798.JPG

DSCN1799.JPG

DSCN1796.JPG

...this may be the Seeress' Hovel: The All Seeing Ivy...or not.

• Like 12

Since last I posted, I finished The All Seeing Ivy's Place:
DSCN1803.JPG

DSCN1804.JPG

DSCN1805.JPG

DSCN1808.JPG

...AND how it looks/fits on The Board:
DSCN1800.JPG

DSCN1801.JPG

DSCN1802.JPG

...I'm actually starting to believe I'll finish The Board...of course, I believe in a LOT of silly things.

• Like 15

I love the All Seeing Hovel, the colours are awesome.

Of course you will finish the board, and then you will decide it is modular and build another piece of that world to connect it with..

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 1

What's the story with the last minute new foot bridge?

Now that The Flowers are finished, it's time to do some more work on the Hovels & Board. Here are Hovels #3 & 4:
DSCN1898.JPG

Hovel # 3 receiving some attention:
DSCN1899.JPG

DSCN1900.JPG

DSCN1903.JPG

DSCN1901.JPG

DSCN1902.JPG

There is also some paving work being done one The Twisted Tower Board. I'll keep you updated as things progress.

• Like 11

Magnificent... each one a different personality, and ominous features !

You really just amaze me my friend !  Stunning work, and as I envision the combination

of characters, houses, the board, wells, critter hazards, psychotic characters like faeries with scissors,

and the myriad of killer musrooms, and fighters.. I am totally overwhelmed, when I think if those delicate

murderous flowers of yours..LOL. 

You will have to find a MAD MAN to write a History  of the place of "Le Village sans Merci'".

Mangnifco ! Storslagent !, Bravo !, Bueno! and Southern american.. "Maw, DAN'G, Aint that Sumphin" !

• Like 2

You've got so much going I can't keep up with you!  I think I'm current on this one now.  I really do like the green shingles on the first buildings. Something about that colour just appeals to me.  

So much colour everywhere and like Jay said, so many little details.  You do have a way of giving everything a unique personality.  Your mind is such an intriguing place dear and we are so pleased to be allowed to walk around in it.  Such a happy, crazy, silly, brilliant, busy place!

• Like 2

These buildings have such a fantastical dreamlike quality about them. I agree with Anne, you've a very imaginative mind, and thankfully the skills to build and share what you see.

• Like 1

Magnificent... each one a different personality, and ominous features !

You really just amaze me my friend !  Stunning work, and as I envision the combination

of characters, houses, the board, wells, critter hazards, psychotic characters like faeries with scissors,

and the myriad of killer musrooms, and fighters.. I am totally overwhelmed, when I think if those delicate

murderous flowers of yours..LOL. 

You will have to find a MAD MAN to write a History  of the place of "Le Village sans Merci'".

Mangnifco ! Storslagent !, Bravo !, Bueno! and Southern american.. "Maw, DAN'G, Aint that Sumphin" !

Thanks for the ovation, Jay. Any effort involved in the painting/modeling is more than compensated for by your reaction to the work. 

You've got so much going I can't keep up with you!  I think I'm current on this one now.  I really do like the green shingles on the first buildings. Something about that colour just appeals to me.  

So much colour everywhere and like Jay said, so many little details.  You do have a way of giving everything a unique personality.  Your mind is such an intriguing place dear and we are so pleased to be allowed to walk around in it.  Such a happy, crazy, silly, brilliant, busy place!

Thank, Anne. Liking the colors is the finest of compliments for moi.

If my mind was an actual place, chances are it would be banned from National Geographic AND Better Home & Gardens.

These buildings have such a fantastical dreamlike quality about them. I agree with Anne, you've a very imaginative mind, and thankfully the skills to build and share what you see.

Thank for the kind words, Darsc Zacal! I'm glad you are enjoying the stuff. I will try to keep making things interesting for you.