Sign in to follow this  
viking_hank

Rakham Orcs

months ago I submitted a thread asking for help iding a group of three minis I bought at the local comics store. they had them in the 2.00 won't sell bin.  People told me they were Orcs from Rakham minis line. painted them for table top to go with my other 10 odd orcs or so. hope everyone likes them give advice freely please. the back drop is made from 1/2 inch foam insulation, smashed with a rock for texture then painted to taste. (oh the paint has a vaguely chalky chemical taste I don't recommend it to any one.)

post-14031-0-63957700-1457194724_thumb.jpg

post-14031-0-42996100-1457194785_thumb.jpg

post-14031-0-13055100-1457194856_thumb.jpg

post-14031-0-12427400-1457194917_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Those are Rackham "Orc Bruisers."

Thoughts, point by point:

1. These are awesome.

2. Love the Santa hats.

3. You lucky dog. I have a number of Rackhams, many I got for a good price from blowouts. Anytime you get a Rackham model  for two bucks, much less three of them, you should then run out and buy a lottery ticket, because that's the day.

4. Love the background.

• Like 2

Those are Rackham "Orc Bruisers."

Thoughts, point by point:

1. These are awesome.

2. Love the Santa hats.

3. You lucky dog. I have a number of Rackhams, many I got for a good price from blowouts. Anytime you get a Rackham model  for two bucks, much less three of them, you should then run out and buy a lottery ticket, because that's the day.

4. Love the background.

I get lucky once in awhile. And thanks for the compliments.

• Like 2

You did a great job on them, they're very well painted.

Congrats on the good score as well.

One (minor) bit of critique---go back and cover up the little bit of metal slotted base that you can see with your basing material.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By giyomuSan
      Hi, not much time recently , but I managed to finish those 3 guys , orcs enforcer from massive darkness ( boss and 2 minions ).
      I have a couple more of that serie to paint as well :D..

• By pcktlnt
      Hordes of the Auld World - Orcs and Goblins, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/hordes-of-the-auld-world-orcs-and-goblins

Dont know how to share more information while on the phone.
    • By Ducknuck84
      Some orcs that I had started  a while ago as practice but set aside but are now ready for some WAAARRRGH! I still really like these designs of orcs with the exception of trying to paint the eyes on them, half the time I cant tell where the eyes should go. I think of the four the Berserk is my favorite.
      C&C always welcome.
      Bones used
      77429: Orc Grunt
      77059: Orc Berserker (Two Handed Sword)
      77051: Orc Stalker (Two Weapons)
      77045: Orc Hunter (Spear)

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/621743078/the-goblin-king-miniatures-set

Text Link because picture is a bit too non-PG.

This is a miniature set featuring the Goblin King being carried around by his burly orc goons, as he flaunts his girls and his gold. The set fits well into any 28mm heroic to 32mm fantasy miniature setting. This set can be easily be the center piece to any goblin army.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1658344233/rude-girls-female-orc-miniatures?ref=category_newest   Linked instead of embedded because nudity..  
      About this project
       Hello all,
      You are looking for a female leader for your orc army, or just a cool miniature to paint ? 
      Well, this is my first kickstarter, so don't be afraid if the layout is pretty basic, you will not find supershinywords or coolfantasybackground, it's not my style... What you see is what you get !
      Few words about me. Miniatures sculptor for nearly 20 years, I've worked for a lot of famous companies like Rackham, PrivateerPress, Mierce, and many others...  Today I want to create my own range, to explore my favorite themes in fantasy. 
      All the minis are cast in resin by a skilled craftsman, here in France, no Chinese plastic here.
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)