Very cool battle reports from everyone.

I really enjoy reading them; it almost makes me feel as though I have a group to game with.

• Like 2

Have you thought about making her a captain instead?

Hmmm..that's an interesting idea; and your suggesting it finally made me get off my backside and download Sellsword!  :)     I need to think about it now.  I'm not sure Zandkara wants to be paid at this point, or lead soldiers that are strangers to her.  She's is use to an austere lifestyle, and is task focused at this point.  I can however see her grow into it; and having read the supplement now, I think it would have been a ideal promotion to give Riessa if she had survived.

That was a super report David; thanks for posting it!  It was nice to find out a bit about what was going on down the other end of the table!

Very cool battle reports from everyone.

I really enjoy reading them; it almost makes me feel as though I have a group to game with.

Thanks, Chaoswolf!

You'd certainly be welcome to join in for a session if you ever find yourself down our way!

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 2

Make sure you point out Zandkara next game....my warband would like to meet her...hahahaha

Joking aside, I'm surprised no one in our gaming group has hired a Captain yet. I have considered it but am happy with my Treasure Hunters. Maybe the next time one of my guys fails to recover ...... if I can think of a creative back story like Chris.

• Like 3

Make sure you point out Zandkara next game....my warband would like to meet her...hahahaha

Joking aside, I'm surprised no one in our gaming group has hired a Captain yet. I have considered it but am happy with my Treasure Hunters. Maybe the next time one of my guys fails to recover ...... if I can think of a creative back story like Chris.

I'm sure she'd like to defeat meet some of your warband as well. :)  

I certainly don't see a Captain as a good choice for a low level warband.   I think that money can be better spent upgrading soldiers, and buying magic weapons.  You and I are probably about at the level where seeking out a captain becomes a good option. I may consider promoting my Man-at-Arms, Bash after this next game. (Of course I probably just doomed him by saying that! :wacko: ) 

• Like 4

We played the 9th game of our campaign this past Sunday.  I have posted the report for my Illusionist, Kodak, to my blog:  Game 9

We played two scenarios: The Complex Temple from the core rulebook and one of our own design called, The Menagerie; which featured a couple dozen wild animals from some lost wizard's zoo, running free throughout the ruins.

Never, have I lived up so well to my Reaper member title, displayed above my icon over on the left;  as my warband only retrieved two treasures, succesfully cast only 5 spells, and lost yet another member of the party.  :(

photo%2B2.jpg

photo%2B3.jpg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 10

No doubt about it, you know how to set up a Frostgrave table!

Thanks, Joe! I'm happy to say it's something of a group effort; with pieces of terrain being supplied by several members of the group, and everyone who shows up early helping with the set up.

• Like 2

I'd be willing to buy a summer winter home on that table :=)

I enjoyed the update, though I as sad to hear that your dice were so obstinant. That's always a downer.

As soon as I saw the groupings, I was thinking, "He's doing the narrative thing and that's why Melilly isn't with Kodak," and then she died. Good job handling the narrative with Kodak's sorrow. Of course, you've gotten in a lot of practice with that by this point. Frostgrave is definitely not built for long-lived warband members!

• Like 3

I'd be willing to buy a summer winter home on that table :=)

I enjoyed the update, though I as sad to hear that your dice were so obstinant. That's always a downer.

As soon as I saw the groupings, I was thinking, "He's doing the narrative thing and that's why Melilly isn't with Kodak," and then she died. Good job handling the narrative with Kodak's sorrow. Of course, you've gotten in a lot of practice with that by this point. Frostgrave is definitely not built for long-lived warband members!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the update, Pippin!  Good eye in catching the way Melilla placed herself in the party.  I just couldn't see her agreeing to go with Kodak, so put her in the Apprentice group.  Small difference in the game play, big difference in the narrative...and certainly ended up being a big difference in her fate.  Interestingly, the Marksman belonging to the Druid, Knabe, who killed her, is the  same one who saved her life by killing the frost giant in the previous game (granted he had fired into the melee, so  it was just chance the bolt hit the giant and not her that time); still an interesting turn of fortune. 

It's interesting, looking at the warband today, the ones who have been part of it since the beginning are two of the Thieves, Linesse and Cadwalleter; the two archers Edel & Weiss, (since promoted to rangers), and the Man-at-Arms, Bash (who started as a lowly Thug.  The highest casualty rate seems ro be among my Templars and Treasure Hunters; but that's understandable since they're the ones on the front lines usually fighting the monsters and opposing warband soldiers.

• Like 2

Another great write up!

It's too bad that the dice seemed to be completely against you, though.

• Like 1

Another great write up!

It's too bad that the dice seemed to be completely against you, though.

Thanks, Chaoswolf!   I really appreciate hearing from folks who enjoy these battle reports!

• Like 1